Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I'm really wondering how you get away with shooting fire like that, or was it added later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Cross_ posted:

The gloomy atmosphere combined with all those lights makes for a nice contrast- I like it. The first picture doesn't speak to me at all though- looks like a snapshot.

i looked through the inpublic monthly best ofs over breakfast - good street photos with some cute visual puns here and there. not much i was blown away by.

guess i'm a harsh critic v :) v

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

saw this guy on DA and I've been really impressed by his portraits:

http://datenshi-nagasava.deviantart.com/

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

^^ the red state series is pretty good

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

i think you mean to post that pic here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3303711

hth

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

this reminds me...i should submit something to the natgeo thing :3:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

that's some crazy (good) poo poo.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Elite Taco posted:

I had a chance to shoot in the same spot at photo#4 a few weeks ago. It's a rather hard shot to get even lighting due to the path of the sun and the orientation of those buildings.

ha! I remember that photo posted and I knew it looked familiar.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

AceClown posted:

nice fellini still

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

that said, it's a great landscape!

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I saw these linked and thought, "Photos? Architectural graphics renders, surely..."

Then read the description :o:

i always did this as a kid, so i feel a little let down i didn't take photos of em :(

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I couldn't find him (I think a him) in this thread, but I was trying to find a photographer who did elaborate compositions mixing different color temp lights. I remember there was one with a fluorescent lit bathroom projecting light into a dim tungsten lit bedroom.

don't know if that's too vague...

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

brad industry posted:

Or maybe Philip-Lorca diCorcia?

bingo. thanks! i guess my memory was a little off, though.

guidoanselmi fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 14, 2011

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Aidan_702 posted:

why is that horse giving birth to a man?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

ok, looking at it again it makes more sense. I don't know what

onezero posted:

It happens pretty often with the big prominence mountains in the Cascades.

I took this from the top of Mt. Adams, which isn't far from Rainier. Nowhere near the quality or cool-factor of the other shots, but just showing that it happens.

P7170030 by skypny, on Flickr

edit: granted, this is a shadow being thrown on the ground, and not against the clouds, so i guess it's not the exact same phenomenon.

Here's one of denali: http://www.flickr.com/photos/v-system/5191330038/

If we're talking prominence that'd be the place - but I don't know how clouds are up in alaska - I imagine it as pretty clear given the cold air and latitude/circulation.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Fragrag posted:

Michael Wolf seems to use Google Street View during his free time, as he has almost 5 projects dedicated to it. It's an interesting concept though. It's a slight twist to street photography, only a picture has been taken of a whole city and it's up to you to find the interesting events.

I'm not seeing what you describe, but I've had the interest in doing an end-to-end pano of an entire flight from one city to another. I've given it some thought but it just seems technically difficult given altitude changes and loss of field of view - let alone the ability to work on so many drat photos.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

that's got to be baku...

*clicks*

oh. drat.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

dukeku posted:

Some classy old ones from Andrew Bush. These may have been posted before, but they deserve to be shown again.

I've always wanted to try something like this. Well, now I know it's been done. :smith:

At least it's done really well :unsmith:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Browsing one of them image hosting sites, I stumbled on these by Elizaveta Porodina. Website also in image.

I HAVE AN INTENSE DESIRE TO GET PROBATED FOR INLINE UNTAGGED NUDITY

there's a few people i see on DA that are pretty close to this and drat i love the style

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

a friend just sent me this:

http://stephenhilyard.com/gall_rap.htm

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

i remember finding him from his hustler series - but then i saw the photo of the orthodox jew in the link and remembered this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip-Lorca_diCorcia#Litigation

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

yeah that effect should look a bit schizophrenic as they're really different photos.

Paragon8 posted:

Playboy, especially its European counterparts, can have exceptional photography.

av/post combo.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Whitezombi posted:

Photoshop Phriday.

exactly. GBS has been making these for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

i just saw these, too. did you find them looking on flikr for people that used the lenses that are for that kickstarter P&S LF camera?

• Locked thread