Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I just realized that I need more "favorite" photographers to follow and study. Certainly some good ones in this thread to pick up on.

I'll also share a recent image from a member of our local photo group, this is Nuby DeLeon's Film Noir Fight Scene:

All of his stuff is awesome, and the way he works is really admirable. He shows up with an idea in mind, sets up his lights, and gets the job done in a few minutes. If something's off, he knows exactly what to go for, and he's just been real helpful to me. If you're curious about the image above, there's a breakdown of it, including lighting diagram HERE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

[Eyes scan the picture for basic shape and composition]
"Ok, it's a big mountain or something, nothing too spectatular"

[Eyes pick up on the city in the horizon, trying to figure out context]
"Pretty cool, looks like a nice place"

[Noticing the two people at the top of the hill]
:staredog:

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

If you're into the wartime/conflict area photojournalism, HBO has a fairly interesting new miniseries called Witness. It's some really powerful and insightful stuff.

• Locked thread