Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

plasmoduck posted:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this (and not sure if they've been posted before), but I had to share these photos. And I usually don't like insect/reptile photography.

hahahah IT JUST LOOKS SO HAPPY!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Awkward Davies posted:

Stumbled on this recently. I love how subtly he is able to change the environment with just these wrappings:

Zander Olsen - Tree Line

Haha this is messing with my head so much

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Someone posted this link in PI, and I figured it had to be shared here because holy poo poo some of the photos are amazing:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/national-geographic-reader-pics-1335464806-slideshow/national-geographic-photo-1338571251.html

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah the first one is awesome, but I'm pretty "meh" on everything else in the set.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

xzzy posted:

Recovering planes from remote sites is really expensive, so typically they get left there to rot. As the map shows, Alaska has nearly a thousand of them on record. If even a small fraction of those have debris left behind, that's still a lot of sites available to visit.
I was in Hnjotur, in Iceland, where apart from being the closest "town" to Latrabjarg cliffs, is main attraction is a museum of a bunch of Icelandic stuff an old farmer hoarded over the years.

There's also two airplanes and the landing gear from another one in a hangar outside this tiny museum in the middle of nowehere. One of the planes was an old Aeroflot that crash landed in Iceland. The USSR decided it was too expensive to do anything with the plane, so they basically asked the farmer if he wanted to add the plane to his collection of stuff and he said yes, and so now you can wander around in it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Paul Zizka is a local guy. He does workshops too; one of these days I have to go.

God drat I don't think any of those dates are going to work for me because holy crap they would be amazing to go to.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

More here: http://www.boredpanda.com/snail-macro-photography-vyacheslav-mishchenko/

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Moon Potato posted:

I like these and I want to know where I can gather strawberries and boletes in the same place.

Yeah my new goal in life is to become good at macro shots like this because they're pretty phenomenal.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Wedding photos in Syria

http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2016/02/newlyweds-in-the-ruins-a-syrian-wedding-photo-shoot/460440/

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
hahahahaha that owns so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

holy poo poo

• Locked thread