Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wackle
Oct 28, 2006
Title Text?
Randomly qui... cut back recently. I guess since its new years everyone's doing it.

Was smoking a pack a day easy, dropped down to 10 monday, 7 tuesday, 5 yesterday, and back to about 9 today.

Just cutting back made me feel 5 years younger. Coffee actually has an affect on me, and my appetite is somewhat normal, instead of my body giving me stomach cramps but not letting me swallow food easily.

I'm very excited about being a non-smoker, but i'm at a semi-boring semi-stressful point in life, where there's way too much time to think about smoking. However cutting back to less than half not only didnt kill me or send me into a chair throwing rage every time something bad happened, but im much more happy all around. When i do smoke now, i realize how little they satisfy and how easy it is simply not to do.

Also my jobless roommate bums cigarettes, so i gave him the good news that we are no longer smoking very much anymore a few days ago. In November i spent somewhere around 220 dollars on cigarettes, the cheapest i could find. Thats almost as much as i spend on food, gas, and my cellphone combined. I work part-time, and us no longer smoking is nearly the equivalent of a week off work every month.

I'm getting my diet min-maxxed and i'll be searching for a gym next week, hopefully to take advantage of some new year's shenanigans.

Oh, and the first night i came home from work and didnt smoke for three hours, instead of chaining 3 then smoking 1 every 30 minutes or so, i kinda felt like i was tripping acid without the visuals. A different person was taking over, i guess. Meh, saying it makes it sound way too dramatic, but yeah, intense.

As an afterthought, i havent really demonized the thought of 1-3 cigarettes a day in my head yet. Should i do this? I'm hoping to cut back more and more while my desire to smoke dwindles away. I live with/work with/have friends who are heavy drinkers many of which to the point of alcoholism. It trips them out when i excuse how much of a light-weight i am by telling them i sometimes will go a month without drinking and not notice. I wouldnt mind smoking being something like that.

Wackle fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Dec 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread