Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

Founder and President of The E/N Log Cabin
I've smoked a pack a day for over 20 years. Holy poo poo.

I've tried to quit before, but I am committed to quitting Jan 1st. Every other time I'd just wake up in the morning and try to quit all of a sudden and it's never worked. I read that setting a time in the future and being able to prepare yourself for the break might be helpful.

So, I've been talking to my cigarettes as I smoke these last few packs. And stocking up on gum and mints and toothpicks. Failure is NOT AN OPTION! 167, 460 seconds to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

I quit at 7pm yesterday. I am not using any patches, gum or medicine. I am pretty miserable at the moment, but I am hanging in there.

I'm using http://www.quitmeter.com/index.php to keep track.

We can do this GBS!

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

I am at 1 day, 17 hours and 1 minute.

I want a cigarette very badly. I've been trying to sleep through the worst of the cravings, but I really want to give up. My husband smokes and I can smell it and I want to kick his rear end and steal his cigarettes.

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

So! How are we doing, recent quitters? I'm at 6 days, 23 hours, 26 mins smoke-free. I have NOT smoked 139 cigs and I've saved about 25 bucks so far.

I'm still having pretty intense cravings when I just want to chuck it all and go have a smoke. I get through them, but I can be pretty cranky about it still.

I haven't cheated even once. I'm very proud of myself, but I really liked smoking. I miss it. I still want cigarettes badly.

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

21 days under my belt here. Still haven't cheated once. My husband is still smoking and has begun smoking in my presence again. It makes it difficult, but mainly it's just disgusting. And rude. And unthoughtful. I wouldn't smoke around him if the situation were reversed. Anyway, I'm so glad i finally kicked that nasty habit. It is so nice to shake my head and have my hair leave little clouds of perfumed shampoo scent instead of ashtray scent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

Stay strong, new quitters! It can be done!

This is day 29 for me- cold turkey. Still haven't cheated once. I'm so proud of myself.

I have the willpower of an infant. If I can do this, so can you other goons! :colbert:

• Locked thread