Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I quit on Jan 1st 2009. I didn't really quit quit because I DO enjoy a cigarette every now and then but I made myself smoke free for 2 months before I allowed myself to bum one. For awhile I was bumming them from a band mate because the only time I really wanted to smoke was after playing and drinking. This got to be too much though and I've since quit bumming unless I'm out with a bunch of people drinking.

Drinking is the hardest time I have with not smoking. You also learn that if you're not constantly smoking, you're not constantly drinking either which has helped me not drink as much. I always told myself that I would never be one of those quitters who would NEVER be allowed another smoke. I just ban myself from ever buying a pack. Also, saves money. I'd like to think that I've saved over $1,000 so far.

The worst part of quitting is the weight gain. Oh, and the smell of other smokers. JESUS, does everyone smell that bad when they smoked? Yes, you stink.

EDIT: CONTENT

I Might Be Adam fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I'm on my 2nd attempt of my 2nd attempt at quitting. I quit "buying" back in Jan of 2009 after smoking for 10+ years. Slipped up and became a daily smoker around September of last year. My wife and I are trying to quit together and made a week before we went out drinking and decided to split a pack on Saturday. Day 2 and it's not really a big deal to quit. I just hate the idea that I can never have a cigg again. Can't get past the enjoyment of drinking and smoking.

I guess it's not possible to enjoy smoking without becoming a smoker.

• Locked thread