Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pogue_Mahone
Aug 23, 2007

Pissehead in the Making
Well, I have decided to try and quit smoking again. last time I managed about 5 months smoke free before I got laid off from work, which obviously broke me and I started up again. That was about a year and a half ago, and I have been smoking about 50g of rolling tobacco a week since then. Last cig was on Thursday evening, and I am trying cold turkey. Last time I tried to quit I used the lozenges, so this time I thought I would try nothing at all.

Holy crap, was I a miserable sod Thursday night and Friday. Working away from home with a group of people, the majority of whom smoke, is pretty tough. All through Friday I was getting hot flushes and had massive mood swings. Suprisingly I managed to not scream at a workmate (who is also one of my best friends) - all he was doing was laughing lots. Today though I have been feeling much better, being at home is helping, and I have bought a crap load of normal chewing gum which will be good for next week at work.

I also grabbed a copy of the Carr book. still need to start reading it though. Only one day left of the physical addiction and then its all down to my mind. Fingers crossed I wont cave. The cravings are pretty drat bad though. Anyone get that feeling like their lungs are burning theyre in such need of a fag? Its pretty horrible :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread