Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Semi-Normal
Oct 9, 2007

Sex is on, yeah?

blastdoctor posted:

Good luck everyone! Your sense of smell returns within months and you will smell things that remind you of when you were younger. Food tastes better and in a short time your breathing is exponentially better.

Quoting this, because it's God-drat true. Walking past a florist is enough to give your nose an orgasm.

That... sounded better in my head.

For my part, I found the inhaler really useful. I didn't use it according to the directions (which suggest 4-6 cartridges a day), I just used it as my fallback. When I would normally have caved in and had a smoke, I used the inhaler instead. After about a week or so, I didn't need either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semi-Normal
Oct 9, 2007

Sex is on, yeah?

Pumaman posted:

I don't have the urge to smoke cigarettes anymore because I can't remember what was so great about it. I'd rather not remind myself and focus on the positives.

I think what worked for me this time is that I realised that out of the 15-20 cigarettes a day I smoked, I only reeeeeally enjoyed one, maybe two. The rest were more just something to do.

The most important thing after the first 1-2 day hump is to accept the fact that yes, that one cigarette WOULD be really good. For about 5 minutes. You're going to give up all that work for 5 minutes?

What about the hours after that? Yeah, of course you'll need another one. But that one won't be anywhere near as good as the first. And then you're right back where you started.

If it weren't for the money, the loss of smell and taste, the inconvenience (I used to dread flying), the loss of breath and the risk of cancer, I'd still be a smoker. But that's no short list of drawbacks for something I'm only enjoying 5-10 minutes a day.

Semi-Normal
Oct 9, 2007

Sex is on, yeah?

crazy face posted:

I don't recall smoking having anything to do with energy or fatigue. At least not from my experiences nor any of my friends.

Nicotine causes a rapid release of adrenaline and increases metabolism.

Most coffee addicts would probably feel "sluggish" if they stopped taking their drug of choice.

• Locked thread