Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave
Jan 10, 2008
TGIF
I've been smoke free for a little over four months now. Here are some things I have noticed along the way.

1. It is nearly impossible to quit while partying. For years I would go through streaks of quitting for 5 or 6 days and then I would break on Friday because I had a beer or two. I finally made it because my friends stopped giving me cigs when I was drunk. After you get past the first weekend its all gravy.

2. Cold turkey is the only way to go.

3. After four months I still get the occasional craving, if you read up on the literature around the net you will realize that these cravings are brought on by certain events (driving, playing golf, etc.) and that once you break the trigger once or twice by not smoking the cravings go away.

4. Smokers smell extremely horrible and all of them have bad breath.

5. After a short period of time you will get your sense of smell back. It's amazing all the smells you can miss as a smoker.

6. Exercise can play a HUGE factor in your success/failure. Think of it like a health snowball, the more good things you do for your body the more you want to keep doing them. I recommend easing into a fitness plan. Not only did I start exercising but I also changed my diet from fast food all the time to vegetables and lean meats.

7. Your teeth will whiten. Buy some whitestrips and watch the magic happen.

This combined with my diet and exercise = Bitches Flockin'

7. Second hand smoke affects you more than you think. After your lungs start to clear up and you get some lung capacity back you will notice that a night spent in a smoky room can make you feel like you smoked a pack the next morning.

8. You will enjoy things in a better way. Seriously, you will catch yourself smiling a lot more (need someone to second this.)

9. Your energy levels will SKYROCKET! My bosses at work have commented on my performance increase over the last few months and most of it is because I don't feel like crap all the time any more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread