Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Comfy sponk posted:

Your Quit Date is: Saturday, January 03, 2009 at 10:00:00 AM

I quit on the 3rd of last January too. :)

Good luck to those who are going to embark down this road. The first three days are rough; the next three weeks are even rougher, but then one day as you're lying in bed, you'll realize you haven't thought about smoking once and that's a great feeling. I'm not going to lie and say I don't ever think about smoking again, I still do, but the craving isn't nearly as strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Lyer posted:

Good luck to those who are going to embark down this road. The first three days are rough; the next three weeks are even rougher, but then one day as you're lying in bed, you'll realize you haven't thought about smoking once and that's a great feeling. I'm not going to lie and say I don't ever think about smoking again, I still do, but the craving isn't nearly as strong.

Quoting from the 2nd page, 1 year and 5 months ago. It gets easier with time, for a while you'll miss it whenever you smell smoke, but eventually the smell won't trigger any cravings or desire. I'll see people smoke, I've been out to bars and had a few drinks, but after such a long time without having one, I don't have that urge anymore. It feels like a different life when I did used to smoke. For those of you who are feeling like it's a never ending battle of willpower, eventually there will come a time where it gets easy. Hang in there!

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Lyer posted:

Quoting myself from the drat near 4 years ago, but it does get A LOT better. I honestly don't think about smoking anymore and when I see people smoking in front of me or when I smell smoke, I don't even get urges. Sometimes I even forget that I used to smoke. It honestly felt like a different life from when I smoked and I feel so much better (working out helps a ton too!). So keep at it, you won't be craving a cigarette forever and you won't always feel like poo poo.

I still shitpost on the forums, but there's no cure for that. :v:

• Locked thread