Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
So i stopped smoking 3 weeks ago and it wasn't to bad ( 1 pack a day smoker for 4ish years ) and the last few days have been really awful I've barely manage to control myself by not getting a pack and even now i was reading back in the thread ( page 16 or so ) with the dude talking about e-cigs and now i'm starting to rationalize getting one even though ( personally ) i think it's a terrible idea.

So far I've made a promise to myself if i even had 1 cig i couldn't listen to my favorite band ever again (kind of a weird thing to banish myself from i guess?)
the first time i quit smoking i had gotten pneumonia and i was to afraid to smoke but i didn't want to quit and that only lasted 3 or so months but it was a easy 3 months until the craving i'm having now started and i caved in so its really hard to not think about smoking.

wow that was a wall of text sorry about that also if it has bad spelling/grammar i'm blaming that it's 2 am here. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
3 months smoke free today :toot: i really only had a little episode when i posted the thread about getting a ecig but didn't. anyway i mostly forget that i even smoked but sometimes when i see people smoking or smell it i'll think that i'd like one but i'll forget about it maybe 2 minutes later. keep it up goons you can do it.

edit: 1,758 cigarettes NOT smoked :aaa:

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
personally i love this thing http://www.endthehabit.com/content/calculator.htm

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

exhale lively posted:

Chiming in to report raging hunger as well. Been quit for three weeks as of tomorrow, and the hunger is not fading. Is this a mental thing, or was my appetite always like this and I just suppressed the hell out of it with smokes for a few years? :ohdear:

i ate quite a bit for about the first month when i quit. i couldn't stop eating cheeze-its but it's better than smoking. it will slow down.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
8 months today. :toot: keep it up guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
1 year! :toot:

• Locked thread