Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Haven't smoked at all in a month, maybe 15 cigs in the month before that (from ~1 pack a day). Still uptight as gently caress, can't stand cigarettes anywhere around me. Still coughing stuff up - but the stamina (and not sucking on phillip morris' dick) is worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Don't buy nicotine replacement. Just get over it. The physical addiction is up after 3 days. Day 3 will suck. After that it is in your head. There was a time in your life you weren't addicted to nicotine, a time when you never thought about cigarettes (unless you had abusive smoking indoors parents). You can feel normal with out a stinking burning cigarette conglomerate suicide device in your hand.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
If you don't already START EXERCISING .. this is one of the best things to keep you off the cigs. When you know that smoking even one cigarette will gently caress up your stamina/ability to breath/cardio/riding bike/lifting you will not want to smoke. Watch and Weight has many people eager to tell you where to start (via sticky threads).

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Be careful, I tried using snus once instead of smoking and just got more addicted to the snus. Some of it seems to have a lot more nicotine in it.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Two weeks in again via snus. Something always fucks it up. A couple more days of my lungs getting stronger and I'm going back to the gym.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Why am I so loving tired! I didn't quit nicotine, I've been snusing instead of smoking cigs for two weeks and I keep falling asleep. I quit the "other" smoke a week ago after heavy habitual use for the previous month, does that have something to do with it? This is very annoying and my lungs still hurt in the morning/during deep breaths.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
What hosed it up after a year?

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
How is everyone doing?

I smoked a couple cigarettes on Bastille Day, but only then (all the pretty girls were smoking). I've gotten over Snus snobbishness and just started buying the Camel stuff, it's not too bad. I don't want to be addicted to nicotine but this is working for me now. I think about a cigarette if I don't pop a snus in, nicotine withdrawal is not worth it at the moment.

unbuttonedclone fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 29, 2010

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

HFX posted:

Snus works well for breaking the nicotine / smoke link. Once you get passed that you can start tapering it down. Expect to need massive amounts of sugar and caffeine during that point.

Yeah, i know the drill. I've "quit" smoking various ways many times for 3 months max.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

TheBandOffice posted:

I quit smoking a few months ago and took up Snusing :smug:

Yeah, I'm glad the new flavors of Camels Snus aren't that terrible, they almost taste like General or something I would have to mail order and the portion sizes are larger like euro snus.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

FeloniousDrunk posted:

Checking in, quit on April 13 so almost four months clean now after having smoked since '88, and no desire to go back. Method was Carr/turkey. Previously I'd done gum, and another time Wellbutrin (or is that the antidepressant name for it, can't be arsed, I was depressed back then so it was a two birds with one stone deal).

I just want to say that the whole idea of weaning yourself off is really at best a form of torture and at worst a way to reinforce to yourself how much you "need" nicotine. I haven't done it, but as far as I can see the snus approach isn't much different than gum, which is also a form of weaning. Suffer through the Carr book despite the car-salesman prose, let it sink in. For me, I smoked after Carr but it definitely wasn't as enjoyable any more. A few months later I read half of the book again and actually quit smoking rather than have to continue reading it.

For me, not smoking cigarettes is the point. I've "quit" smoking a lot of times. For now, I'm satisfied with being addicted to snus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I had been using an electronic cigarette for awhile, then I started taking generic wellbutrin a month and a half ago. It's pretty amazing - the nicotine cravings just aren't there.

• Locked thread