Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
I haven't posted in this thread yet, but it inspired me to finish any remaining cigarettes after Jan 1, and go cold turkey after. Admittedly, on my drunken walk home after new years, I bought a pack. So I quit at about 2:45 AM on Jan 3rd after smoking more cigarettes in one day then I ever had before.

The thing that's helped me the most is an iPhone app called "Since iQuit." It's a very simple little app that keeps track of how long it's been since you had your last cigarette, and how much money you've saved by not smoking X amount of cigarettes.

The "X" amount really got to me... 5 packs is 100 cigarettes. As of now I'm 4 weeks, 4 days, 13 hours, and 32 minutes. By not smoking ~293 cigarettes, I've saved $78.15 (Cigs are cheap in Missouri).

The only time I get cravings are 1)in my car, and 2)in my car when it's loving nice outside. Directly before Icepocalypse, there were 2 very warm days... probably the hardest days so far. I found myself rolling my windows down, turning my music up, and craving intensely. I chewed some gum, and sang loudly until the cravings went away.

This post has turned out to be a lot longer then I initially planned, but if you're quitting along with me... YOU CAN DO IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread