Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hooves
Nov 25, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've been smoking for 6 years now. I'm to the point were I don't even enjoy them anymore except when I'm drinking and I recently quit drinking so now seems like the best time to try and quit.

I can already tell this is definitely going to be harder to quit than drinking was. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to without cigarettes. I know that's ridiculous since I enjoy so many things more than I enjoy smoking but I guess I don't look forward to anything as much as my next cigarette. Except for other substances. which I'm also not touching. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooves
Nov 25, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

jax posted:

This should be a default reply to 90% of the posts in here.
Even if you're a complete sceptic it will help with the hardest part of 'quitting', the brainwashed idea that you need to or like to smoke. You're just a nicotine addict. Did you like your first smoke and think oh this is loving great, I can't wait to cough my lungs up again?

I can distinctly remember my first and what a phenomenal headrush it gave me so yeah, I enjoyed it. However That was the last time I ever got that same sensation from smoking. I can't even remember what a genuine nicotine buzz feels like.

• Locked thread