Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Mein Eyes!
Apr 15, 2002

Over one year quit, just wrapping up my 13th month. Its been a very, very stressful year, and I wouldn't have thought I could get through it without a cigarette, but here I am. Go for it. Not smoking is great, and quitting gives you an excuse to feel good about yourself regardless of the circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mein Eyes!
Apr 15, 2002

Toucan Sam posted:

One month tomorrow, i still want a cigarette every waking minute. I didn't want to quit but i also don't want to have another heart attack anytime soon. If it wouldn't have been for my health problems i'd still be smoking a pack a day.

Try doing something you couldn't do as well as a smoker. Especially since your ticker be hosed up tockin, see about cardiovascular exercise, like running or swimming if it isn't too soon after the attack. I didn't stop missing smoking until I started really enjoying the things that not smoking allowed for. At this point, nearly 14 months quit, I like the benefits of not smoking much more than I ever did the benefits of smoking, such as they were.

I also chew about ten sticks of gum a day. Nicotine gum really worked for me, sort of divorced the pleasure reward from the concept of cigarettes pretty effectively.

Mein Eyes!
Apr 15, 2002

14 months later, quitting cigarettes continues to be one of the best decisions I ever made. Stick with it.

Mein Eyes!
Apr 15, 2002

Posting to say that going two years without a cigarette was almost exactly as hard as going two weeks. You'd be surprised how much of your desire to smoke is based off of the last 200 cigarettes you smoked (Hint: almost all of it).

Mein Eyes!
Apr 15, 2002

Still haven't smoked since October 31st, 2008.

Think of them as little penises.

• Locked thread