Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I quit cold turkey 23 days ago. I had come down with a cough and it hurt to smoke, so I was like, 'gently caress this. I'm going to finish my pack and that's that.' Not a single smoke since. I had tried ecigs back in March, and it helped for a while, but I lost mine and started buying packs again in May. I'm finally getting over the rage... even after the first 3 days I was extremely irritable and couldn't really find the part of me that loves to laugh and joke around. Now it's finally coming back to me.

If you're in the 3 day to 3 week period, just hang in there, I promise it gets easier, and your personality really will go back to normal eventually, just hang in there and stay strong :)

edit; The e-cig route is OK... it's definitely better than smoking actual cigarettes, but I realized it wasn't that much better when I forgot my e-cig at home before work and had a crisis deciding whether to turn around and get it, and be late, or buy a pack of smokes on the way to work. It was worse than just forgetting cigs at home, because I bought a pack after not doing it for over a month,. The panic made me realize that just because I was saving money and didn't smell bad didn't mean all was well - the feeling of not having the addiction now is amazing.

e2; Also saw a couple other people doing this - 23 days, 460 cigarettes not smoked, $161 not spent on cigarettes. Seven bucks a pack was a lot.

Dramatika fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread