Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flame-san2D
Nov 29, 2002

Then oh, I have to take a breath for a second, before I wreck the impression with my confusing expression, because I know the way I do the things I do might cause a situat
I had Allen Carr's book recommended to me by the W&W goons in my thread over there. I've always been skeptical about quitting because I thought I really enjoyed the habit, saying as I had been a smoker for 12 years, but I went on vacation and took the book with me for a week. I figured what the hell, I'm out of my "stressful" environment, relaxing.. why not?

I've been done for almost three weeks now, and haven't had a single craving or anything like that. I was smoking a cigarette when I finished the book.. and I looked at it, said "This is the last cigarette I will ever smoke," put it out, and the rest is history.

Like I said in the other thread, I still stand by the fact that Allen Carr was an incredibly lovely writer. His books didn't read well at all. But his point got across very clear and his "reverse" brainwashing worked wonders, so here's some mega kudos for that.

In only a couple of weeks I've regained my sense of smell, I can run extended distances no problem, my lifts have gone way up, and I've been in a stupidly good mood. I've also lost weight, and I'm whitening my teeth at the same time so that's pretty nice. :)

I'm looking forward to a very healthy, happy life, and I've got nobody to thank but the goons from my thread & Allen Carr.

So, in short, GBS, good luck to all of you! If you're on the fence about the EASYWAY book, buy it anyway and give it a try, it's only 10bux @ Amazon.

Flame-san2D fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame-san2D
Nov 29, 2002

Then oh, I have to take a breath for a second, before I wreck the impression with my confusing expression, because I know the way I do the things I do might cause a situat

frozenpeas posted:

Smoking once every 3 weeks isn't going to harm you. But how long do you think it will stay at that level?

It's way to early for me to be taking the high ground, but the way I see it is if you've truly quit smoking then you don't actually want to smoke anymore.

If you are spending your whole life preventing yourself from having a cig then you're just torturing yourself. Read the Carr book, identify why you want to quit and make the decision never to do it again.

Why, at this point, would a single cig be a treat? To me it would be a huge worry because I'd know that eventually it would lead to another...and another...and another.

That's the big one, yep.

The other thing is that even JUST ONE CIGARETTE can be the one that sets of the cancer in your lungs, man. I'm not trying to shock tactic you or anything Nedsmaster, but yeah. The point of stopping smoking isn't to stop and start again randomly, it's to stop for good so you don't die a painful loving death. v:unsmith:v

Get the Carr book and read it, like frozen said. If you've already "stopped," then obviously you're ready to quit anyway. You just need a bit more structure.

• Locked thread