Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I don't know if this will help others firm their resolve but:
I quit cold turkey on August 1, 1990 and haven't had any form of nicotine since. 22 20 years! Stay strong!

edit: d'oh! thinking of sobriety date and cigarette quit date and CONFUSED. lol can't do simple arithmetic.

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Shizmo posted:

I do not ever exceed three cigarettes a day and swim and exercise daily; been smoking Luckys for about two-three months. I ask, am I addicted?

That was a serious question...
I was a competition swimmer and a long-distance runner but those activities eventually became more difficult with the diminished lung capacity and it was obvious they were interfering with my smoking so I stopped doing them. That how you wanna live your life?

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Lifepuzzler posted:

The "X" amount really got to me... 5 packs is 100 cigarettes. As of now I'm 4 weeks, 4 days, 13 hours, and 32 minutes. By not smoking ~293 cigarettes, I've saved $78.15 (Cigs are cheap in Missouri).
I never get a good estimate of how much I've saved, since the cost jumped precipitously not long after. At ~$1.50/pack, I've saved over $33K (at an average of 3 packs/day) but the current cost is closer to $4-5/pack, so I'm saving quite a lot more each day.

Pity I don't actually have that $33K but still...

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

21 years!

njark posted:

So i stopped smoking 3 weeks ago and it wasn't to bad ( 1 pack a day smoker for 4ish years ) and the last few days have been really awful I've barely manage to control myself by not getting a pack and even now i was reading back in the thread ( page 16 or so ) with the dude talking about e-cigs and now i'm starting to rationalize getting one even though ( personally ) i think it's a terrible idea.
Don't give in now, when you're already past the worst of the physical cravings.

• Locked thread