Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
I went on the patch yesterday and had an awesome nicotine fuelled dream last night where I was in a band with all my friends and had to play Buddy Holly songs for our new alien overlords in a post apocalyptic wasteland bar.

Awesome :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

themarine posted:

Advice: patches never worked for me. I used gum the first couple of weeks, didn't follow the directions. I just had a bunch of the Step 1 stuff (the strong ones) and chewed one whenever I felt like it. Eventually, I ran out and by then I didn't need it.

The patch worked great for me the last time I quit, but I added something to the process. I slapped the patch on and then I bought a pack of fake cigarettes. You can find them at most head shops. They're usually just ground up dandelions or some poo poo. They taste like complete rear end but are just amazing for when you absolutely need to smoke something to get past a craving.

Last time after about a week of smoking maybe one or two of the fakes a day I completely lost interest. Really I'd still be a non-smoker to this day but I made a really big mistake a few years back and bummed a smoke off a friend. That restarted my addiction so fast that I had bought a pack by the end of the day. Now I know, never a single smoke ever again.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

So odd thing happening. I finished off my last stage of nicotine patches (7mg) two days ago, and ever since I haven't been able to sleep properly.

Whats happening is that I start to fall asleep as normal but just as I'm entering sleep I startle awake, sometimes with my heart pounding. Eventually after a few times the startling stops and I can't really sleep, I just sort of drift in and out for the rest of the night.

This didn't happen the last time I quit using the patch and its completely loving me up.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

8ender posted:

So odd thing happening. I finished off my last stage of nicotine patches (7mg) two days ago, and ever since I haven't been able to sleep properly.

Whats happening is that I start to fall asleep as normal but just as I'm entering sleep I startle awake, sometimes with my heart pounding. Eventually after a few times the startling stops and I can't really sleep, I just sort of drift in and out for the rest of the night.

This didn't happen the last time I quit using the patch and its completely loving me up.

Just an update to this: My ability to sleep is slowly returning, and while I'm still not getting a full uninterrupted night I've gone from being unable to sleep at all to being able to sleep for 3-4 hours at a time, which is much appreciated. It really is the strangest thing though.

• Locked thread