Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaFuente
Nov 23, 2003

puppeh
I've been smoking about a pack a day for 9 years. Sometimes it was more, sometimes less. I've also gone through long periods of dipping (long solo road trips) and Snus. I've tried quitting a few times, but about a month ago I realized I was tired of all of it. I've had anxiety and heartburn for a while now and I knew the smoking wasn't helping, but I kept doing it anyway.

So anyway, I decided to keep smoking til the new year. Two friends have joined in with me. It's an arbitrary deadline, but it gave me time to prepare mentally. So we're 18 hours in now. Feeling OK...it feels like someone is sitting on my chest (which makes the anxiety flare up), but I'm soldiering through.

I figure that in 3 months, I will have saved $1500, at which point I will be treating myself to one of these:

Click here for the full 750x562 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaFuente
Nov 23, 2003

puppeh
12 days, saved $90 so far.

Started with the patch, but I'm apparently allergic to something in the adhesive, as it gave me a disgusting circle of blisters. I switched to Nicorette and am feeling good.

• Locked thread