Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amish Retard
Jan 27, 2004
Taking the short wagon since 1885
Ugh, I quit a while back and am now smoking more than I was before - still only about 4-5 cigs a day but I want to stop completely.

Two things that I'm using as excuses now: two of the guys I get along really well with at work go out for smoke breaks constantly. It's a great break from work and gets me out of the office, and I like hanging out with them.

More importantly, I told my fiancee I was done. I was, but I was laid off last year and started again. Now I do it behind her back (not too bad, maybe once a night) the problem is weekends when I can't sneak off to do it, and she wonders why I'm being cranky. I know if I quit cold turkey I'll have to tell her why I'm being an absolute bastard, but I don't want the guilt of me having lied to her and gone behind her back for the last six months.

I know she'd rather have me quit for good, but I'm really pushing back that fight...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amish Retard
Jan 27, 2004
Working on cutting down, I was never a very heavy smoker in the first place but that just sort of made me think - why am I even smoking in the first place? I was at around 7-8 cigs a day, give or take, and I'm down to 3-4 a day now.

I'm thinking of getting some of the nicorette gum for the evenings as if I have the evening free that's when I tend to 'splurge' on smoking and will easily double my intake, but I turn into a cranky, evil loving bastard if I want a smoke.

Do they taste like poo poo? I'd go for one of the e-cigs but I really don't have the cash to spare at the moment (like I said I don't smoke a pack a day or anything so it's not really a matter of 'it will save me so much money' I mean it would eventually, but we're talking 4-5 months of smokes).

I just don't want to start yelling at my fiance, basically.

Amish Retard
Jan 27, 2004

Phisty posted:

I recommend the lozenges. In my opinion they are 100% better than the gum.

Oh hell yeah that sounds up my alley. I could try both I suppose, except that'd get a bit pricey.

• Locked thread