Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mufkin
Sep 10, 2004
YES THIS IS MY NATURAL HAIR COLOR!!!!!!111
I actually help people quit for a living. I never realized how difficult quitting was until I spent 8 hours a day talking to people (some of them in tears) about it.

So everyone out there who is trying to quit: Keep at it. It sucks but as long as its something you really want, its worth it.

Yay for the Great American Smoke out!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mufkin
Sep 10, 2004
YES THIS IS MY NATURAL HAIR COLOR!!!!!!111

RajCooper posted:

I never understood what it is people need help with, what is you actually do to help them?

I stopped using snus about a year ago after using it for 4 years, had mad cravings for about a week, and was totally fine after that.

Smoking is a habit that is both physical(nicotine addiction) and mental(behaviors/habits). A lot of people don't realize how much the behavioral side of the addiction really plays a part in their ability to stay tobacco free.

My job is basically to help people plan for the behavioral side. I use CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) to help people find the break down in their thought process and to help them plan around those break downs to be more successful. Its like a mini therapy session focused on tobacco. We also provide patches, chantix, etc. for people.

The typical rate of success for someone trying to quit on their own is something like 30%. My company operates at around 47%.

My job is pretty awesome.

• Locked thread