Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I've posted this before but "Easy Way" by Allen Carr is the best quit smoking book out there and I quit after reading it once. I will never smoke a cigarette again and once I put that last cigarette down I had no cravings. It's really easy :)

e: don't cut back on smoking, if anything you should try to increase the amount you smoke as much as possible it'll make it easier to quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Schistosity posted:

I'm naturally suspicious with the premise of the book, as I think most reasonable people would. As one who has tried quitting many times unsuccessfully I am willing to read his book, but I am not one who will blindly believe everything I read (which Carr fully agrees to and states multiple times himself in his book.) I do genuinely want to quit and I find his book interesting, but any normal human (that smokes) would find it hard to believe that quitting smoking is painfree and easy, which is the basis of his system.

All I wanted to know is if others have read his book and what their opinion of it is.

There's no reason quitting smoking should be uncomfortable at all since the physiological withdrawal is comically weak. Putting aside the withdrawals the only real difference between a smoker and a non-smoker is the smoker intends to smoke another cigarette. The point of the book is to get you into a state of mind where you do not intend to ever pick up another cigarette. There's no con and I mean to be honest it's shocking hearing that claim levelled at Carr in an arena where companies are selling alternate nicotine vectors for more than cigarettes cost, and the government spends millions of dollars reinforcing how TERRIFYING the prospect of quitting smoking is.

Also if you read the book and didn't quit you can take it back to one of the seminars they run and get a refund (at least my copy had that written in the back).

• Locked thread