Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Those who ride against us will be murdered where they stand
Day one of not smoking. So far so good. I missed the cigarette with coffee this morning, but I am sick of everything else that comes with smoking. I've been sick with cold type symptoms for the last 6 months off and on. I am ready to be done with this.

And the saving money should be nice.

Going cold turkey. We'll see how that goes before I try gum, patch, pills or anything else like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Gave in on my first quitting attempt, had a moment of weakness and bought a pack. This is going to be my last pack forever. I'm getting married next year and starting school to be an esthetician, so I would like to quit before either of those things happen.

I can't imagine anyone ever who would want to be getting a facial, and have the esthetician giving it smell like stale cigarettes.

Congrats to everyone that's quit so far!

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

After trying to quit for months, I haven't had a cigarette since the 5th of February. My husband recently got deployed, and we used to smoke together a lot, so I guess that temptation is gone. On top of that, the change of routine for me has really helped.

Honestly, its weird. I only miss it when I'm drinking or really really full. Once I got past the third or fourth day it got much easier.

However, every time I walk by a group of people smoking, the smell of the smoke makes my mouth water.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

plecostomus posted:

72 hours in: Cigarettes 0.

~60 fags not smoked = £21 ($32 USD)

Really hammered myself at the gym last night. Exercise seems to really be helping me.

I slept from 11pm right through until 9am this morning.

I am reborn

This is almost exactly how I feel. I am 1 week in, over 100 cigarettes not smoked, $50ish saved. I started working out and eating healthier. I feel like a whole new, happier person.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

I quit after many many attempts on April 4th, and have been really good up until this point. I didn't have cravings until a couple weeks ago, and now I have one or two STRONG cravings a day. I seem to get them the most when I am bored, just sitting around the house. Maybe I should take up knitting.

It doesn't help that about 3 times a week, I have dreams about smoking. Last night I had a dream that my husband and I were at a hookah bar smoking e cigarettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Just The Facts posted:

Made it a year :toot:

WHOO! That's awesome. Many congrats!

I'm on 11 weeks, 4 days. $459 saved. It gets easier every day!

• Locked thread