Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifelongFan
Dec 25, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've taken the plunge. I've tried to quit cold turkey in the past, but have never made it more than a couple weeks. This time I'm going with the patch. I bought a small pack of the gum for today, and I'll be starting on the patch tomorrow.

I've had a couple intense cravings, and the gum has helped tremendously with those. It's not the willpower thing of thinking about nothing but smoking, it actually satisfies the craving and lets me think about something else. Which is nice.

I've been smoking for 8 years, but 8 years is all it gets. 4 hours since my last smoke: 3/16/12 at about 3 PM. The tough part is coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifelongFan
Dec 25, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The patch has been a huge help for me. I'm 18 days smoke-free and haven't had the withdrawal symptoms yet. I went a day without the patch accidentally and was okay, but I'm still going to follow the entire course. I haven't really noticed any difference physically yet, but it feels good to have gotten this far - and not constantly thinking about my next smoke break when I'm at work.

LifelongFan
Dec 25, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I still go take outside breaks, just without the cigs.

I forgot to put the patch on today before going to work, and holy poo poo did I get road rage coming home. I was yelling at every other driver, typical nicotine withdrawal rage. Didn't crave a cig but proved why I need to do the whole patch course drawdown (got one more week on the 21 mg patches)

LifelongFan
Dec 25, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm 32 days smoke free - I am using the patch and I've stepped down to the 14mg patch. The first few days on the 14mg patch, I could definitely tell the difference, but I think I'm over that. If it gets to the point where it feels like I'm going to smoke again, I'll just buy the 21mg patches instead.

Feels good to be smoke free, though I feel like I get outside less now without the smoke breaks.

LifelongFan
Dec 25, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
45 days smoke free! However, I've gained about 10 pounds in that timeframe and I look like a fat piece of poo poo. Time to hit up W&W.

• Locked thread