Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

427 TOTALLY LEGITIMATE, DEFENSIBLE NATIONAL TITLES AND COUNTING

Invalido posted:

These guys seem to have what you're looking for (or at least they claim they can get it from somewhere else and sell it on, accepting no returns because of this)

https://shop.speedparts.se/en/prod/...kfjader-13.html

Unless they're full of poo poo they should be able to ship two springs to the U.S. for $235 or thereabout - shipping alone is about a hundred.
There's a bunch of non-genuine SUPLEX brand springs for cheaper from the usual German getting places, but I guess you don't want those.

Sent them an email. Much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

427 TOTALLY LEGITIMATE, DEFENSIBLE NATIONAL TITLES AND COUNTING

Emails received from 4 continents- no more springs forever.

I don't care anymore. I threw on the Nivomats, new rotors and pads, new tires, and had the wheels reconditioned. Once I went past 2 grand in, everything new was like "gently caress it, order it". RockAuto sent me all wrong rotors and pads (gently caress their website, and gently caress their complete lack of customer service), so I just bought the right ones from Eeuroparts before I even returned the wrong ones.

It drives like a goddamned motherfucking dream. Kick the engine in the rear end and the back doesn't even dip. Did round after round on the traffic circle and not even the hint of a slide or understeer.

I guess there's nothing wrong with a car that throwing stupid amounts of money at it won't fix.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Checking in after a long road trip (by my recent standards).
Nothing Broke!
402 miles on a tank of 91, 29.2 mpg!
I knew it was too good to last even as I put the next fill of gas in it.
Now it's hard starting when heat soaked on a hot day of local driving.
Internet says its Crankshaft Position Sensor. (everything gets cooked)
I ordered a CPS, watched a couple of videos, anything I should look out for? Is it best to change 02 sensor if I have to remove it anyway?
grey metallic 2008 2.3T wagon

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I did the CPS in my '00 9-5 Aero when I had it. It was relatively straight forward, but was just a very hard to get/cramped area, lots of working blind and by feel.

Only tips I can remember is to make sure that the old rubber gasket comes off with the old sensor. Also try to keep the new sensor clean when you reinstall as that's going to be in the engine and you don't want to introduce any debris obviously. This was difficult for me as there was a lot of blind maneuvering trying to get it into place. I also vaguely remember getting my hand stuck when trying to route the cable and get it reconnected.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I chickened out I let garage fix it. I put new struts in the rear oil change thermostat temperature coolant sensor crankshaft position sensor reset TPMS. Oof, $1400.

Charles
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom

Toilet Rascal

Saw this in the trailer for the new Christopher Nolan movie, made me kind of bummed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdOM0x0XDMo
if you wanna see.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cool to see a Saab, even if it's getting destroyed. Wonder if the car-wrangler for the production has a soft spot? (or is maybe just a Volvo fan?)

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer

also for those of you that read books, "A man called Ove" is heavy on Saab content. Not a car story per se, but Saab probably mentioned 50 times.

Hawkline
May 30, 2002

¡La Raza!

I'm selling an '08 9-5 Aero Auto in DFW TX area if anyone wants to take a gander. 93k miles $4500 obo. Please buy it and tell me you are gonna love it and send me periodic updates of it joining your family and eventually going to college, i don't want to dump this thing off on Carmax to have it end up in the hands of a person who will use it to run meth or whatever happens to cars there.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/c...7080336421.html

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hawkline posted:

I'm selling an '08 9-5 Aero Auto in DFW TX area if anyone wants to take a gander. 93k miles $4500 obo. Please buy it and tell me you are gonna love it and send me periodic updates of it joining your family and eventually going to college, i don't want to dump this thing off on Carmax to have it end up in the hands of a person who will use it to run meth or whatever happens to cars there.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/c...7080336421.html

That's clean.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

For some reason, I forget there's a Saab thread.

Anyway, either you're welcome or I'm sorry:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

It's like an Animorphs book cover, but worse.

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING

SAAB thread lives! Have a sweet 9000 camper I found while browsing SAABs (why do I lust for a 9000?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He is I, and I am him

some_admin posted:

also for those of you that read books, "A man called Ove" is heavy on Saab content. Not a car story per se, but Saab probably mentioned 50 times.

They pay this the necessary due in the movie, with the families pulling up in successively newer generations of Saabs and Volvos. I hope there was some semblance of the Chevy vs Ford rivalry in Sweden back in the day.