Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
The SAAB 9000 may be the most versatile vehicles ever made, but I don't think I could love and hate a car so much. I put a transmission in mine ever 20,000 miles and after 140,000 miles there wasn't a god-damned thing on the car that wasn't broke, except the engine. I beat the ever loving piss out of it though. It was my high-school car, and everything you could possibly imagine had been smoked, spilled or spooged in it. I even jumped the drat car a couple of times. The fact that the rear seats could fold down and have enough room for two horny teenagers to gently caress any which way they want was a big plus. Over the years I used that car to haul firewood, several couches, a shed (in pieces), a bed, misc other furniture and a fridge. It really could swallow anything and at the end of the day the back seats could come up, the parcel shelf re-installed and it was a fine luxury automobile that impressed more than one girlfriend.

Mine was a 1988 9000S. Black hatchback with a spoiler, 2.0 liter and the dreadful ZF automatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Augmented Dickey posted:

I've always wanted a Sonett (NOT SONNET) III so loving bad, but apparently they're nearly impossible to find in the states.

Hahahah, that must be Bjorn Reynolds.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

His Divine Shadow posted:

I'm personally conflicted. I really don't like the 4 door style or the interior. I realized after mulling it over for a few hours that I actually dislike most things on this car except it being a turbo.

And on the other side there is this car, which is half the price, and driven 110,000 km less. It personally everything I want except it's not a turbo just a regular injected model.

I'm actually leaning towards this one personally, on the reasoning you can put a turbo engine in a regular Saab, but you can't turn a 4 door into a 2 door.

But I am getting the feeling most people would choose the turbo.

One thing about that two-door is that it's not just non-turbo engine, it's also got the older SOHC head. I've always understood the later DOHC engines were the ones to have. Personally I think the red interior of the four-door turbo car is kinda bitchin and belies the boring grey exterior.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Run from rust, of that I’m certain.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Been cleaning out the ancestral home, a respite to chilis since the early days of the Reagan administration. Good news, no-one's died. Gooder news, I found this cool SAAB book for the coffee table. Also, I'm the kinda person that now owns a coffee table.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
SAAB 99:

SAAB 900:

Bonus SAAB 9000:

Bonus SAAB 340. A plane I've ridden in a dozen times or so.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Looks great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I used gorilla glue on schwagon smoker vents after the 3m tape poo poo out on me. Doesn’t look bad at all, but I’ve also repainted parts of this car with fence paint and a roller.