Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Since people are in here talking about Saabs, can anyone give me a list of things to watch for on my 2000 93 SE. I bought it for my wife and she is in love with the car. It has 100k miles on it and overall is in good shape for a 10 year old car. I just use mobil 1 high mileage and haven't had to do much work of note on the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Petekill posted:

Well, I'm pissed. Here's a word of advice: never let anyone else drive your car unless you are sitting in the passenger seat and trust them.

I took my 9-3 to a car detail place, one of those places where they run it through a machine wash, then dry, polish, and detail it by hand. Apparently the poo poo-for-brains fuckmonkeys at the car wash couldn't figure out how to get my car into reverse, so they just forced the shifter until the lockout gate broke off and they could shift it. If I had noticed this at the time I would have ripped them a new one.

I pulled up the shifter boot today and retrieved the broken plastic gate. How easy is this to fix? I could probably just superglue it back into place, but is the job easy enough to do the right way?

Go back and bitch at the place to have it fixed properly?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Anyone want to guess why my Saab 2000 93 SE seems to be burping oil up through the filler. The PCV system on it seems retarded and I've done a little research and I can't figure out what is going on with it. Do I need to buy an update and bite the bullet?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

My 2000 Saab 93 is now only taking gas very slowly with a hissing noise coming out of the filler. I'm guessing it's the EVAP canister. What are the odds this is correct?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Viggen posted:

No codes? Unlikely. Does it smell rich/lean? Any codes?

No CEL...

Would the crazy saab diagnostic poo poo show something different than a regular ODB scanner?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

The hiss only happens when you are filling up. Basically I think it's the breather causing problems. I bet my mechanic will be able to figure out it.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Just an update on my slow filling 93. The check engine light is now on so I'd wager it's an evap code, haven't checked it yet. In good news the ABS light that likes to turn on for a few months at a time is off again!

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Am I asking too much for my saab?
http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/4465352862.html

How do I fix the airbag light? I did some research a while ago and none of the solutions seemed easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Someone should buy my 93. I'm to the point where I'd take 2k. The car is far too nice to take 2k for it :(.