Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«46 »
fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

underage at the vape shop posted:

The reports of apex gang are all lies and media hype to sell papers to racists if thats something they were worried about. Melbourne is incredibly safe.

Not exactly correct. I dunno if they are apex or not but I've sure as poo poo experienced, first hand a pack of 50+ sudos/their kids breaking poo poo and fighting (each other) on the street.
There is more of this that goes on than is actually reported on.

I had neighbors sell up and get the gently caress out after their kids (Rangas to be fair) were attacked multiple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

fist4jesus posted:

Not exactly correct. I dunno if they are apex or not but I've sure as poo poo experienced, first hand a pack of 50+ sudos/their kids breaking poo poo and fighting (each other) on the street.

I had neighbors sell up and get the gently caress out after their kids (Rangas to be fair) were attacked multiple times.

I've seen this with white people a lot too. Your thinly veiled racist bullshit anecdote isn't proof of anything.

Friendly Fire fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2018 around 23:25

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

Wow Valve actually made a good decision for the first time in years.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Friendly Fire posted:

I've seen this with white people a lot too. Your thinly veiled racist bullshit anecdote isn't proof of anything.

Check mate I guess.

Personal experiences are bullshit anecdotes.
And anything in the media is fake news.
Guess it isn't a problem.

brb after I go tell the people 5 door from me that were home invasioned last year that they are racist too.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

And now back to you in the studio.

fist4jesus posted:

Check mate I guess.

brb after I go tell the people 5 door from me that were home invasioned last year that they are racist too.

They are racist if they assume that all Sundanese people are going to be a problem / part of "apex gang"

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

fist4jesus posted:

gently caress off idiot

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Also, the apex gang was pretty made up by the right wing media in order to sell clicks over outrage to easily led idiots.

Even the cops came out and said they weren't a thing.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

fist4jesus posted:

Check mate I guess.

No, your anecdote is bullshit because you try to use it to prove a trend that has been roundly disproven by anyone who's actually looked into it. You don't even try to provide any proof to back it up.

Your anecdote is a racist dog whistle much like your home invasion poo poo. I also know several people who have had this happen to them, all by other white people. Does this mean white gangs are terrorising the suburbs?

tldr; gently caress off you racist piece of poo poo.

May 11, 2011

Kids fight and break stuff because they are literally incapable of understanding their actions. Parents letting their kids outside says more about the neighbourhood safety than the fact that literal children had a fight.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

NPR Journalizard posted:

Also, the apex gang was pretty made up by the right wing media in order to sell clicks over outrage to easily led idiots.

Even the cops came out and said they weren't a thing.

I never said apex were a thing, and I personally don't believe it. They aren't some super organised group.
Its mostly kids/young adults egging each other on and escalating because they can get away with it.

I honestly think that in 10-20 years it'll settle down.
Going to shut up now though, I could list a bunch of little stories of things I've seen and been told in my local community, to justify why I feel there is a problem.
They don't "prove" anything though and the word "racist" basically ends any conversation.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Say it with me now

The plural of anecdote is not data.

May 11, 2011

The fucken sudos are taking over the streets but the word "racism" shuts down any conversation

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

Wow Valve actually made a good decision for the first time in years.

Welcome to Melbourne!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

There's no real "bad side" to Melbourne is there, besides north I guess? Like in my home town the further southeast you get the worse it is, but it seems a little less simplistic there. Geography also plays a huge role in what's nice here, i.e. being near mountains and/or beaches, but Melbourne beach areas aren't necessarily nice, and there's no tangible separation between neighbourhoods?

Currently living in an airbnb just counting down the days until I can move...

«46 »