Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Now remember kids, no running, no diving, and no salt on my margaritas.
To all of you guys going to PL tonight at Congress, what time are you lining up, and how are you getting there? I'm gonna be walking up from the Blue line out of california/o'hare so I'll probably be there around 7 PM to line. Goon meet to stick together and push to the stage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Found a pretty good remix of Save the World by Rob Swire and Gareth McGrillen of Pendulum, calling themselves Knife Party. Pretty big track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNai3sLQQRw

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

The intro to that mix reminds me of the creepy Half-Life intro on the little train.
:goonsay:

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

So I'm looking at ordering tickets to see Rusko on the 30th of December, with Switch and Sinden opening. Switch I've heard of, but Sinden I've never really seen around. Any good tracks I should catch up on, or anything significant he's done that I've missed?

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Stuntastic posted:

Pretty sure he put his whole catalogue on his soundcloud a little while back, or maybe I'm confusing two different people. That'll be a fun show, but be ready for frat boys and no real ~deep cuts~

Yeah I just flipped through his soundcloud, it was alright but nothing stuck out as special. I figure for the $30 the ticket is it'll be a good show, plus it's downtown which means I'll just get a hotel and party for New Year's too. Switch should be exciting, he didn't show up to last year's Pretty Lights show with Major Lazer opening so it'll be cool to see his skills on the decks.

Also, I'm in a fraternity. We're not all bad, promise.

EDIT: Listening to more of his soundcloud I'm getting less and less excited about his set. It's all pretty mediocre, not a single track that really mixes things up.

CanOfMDAmp fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 9, 2011

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Played through the songs posted about Sinden, much more in tune with the idea of seeing him live now. I suppose basing all of my ideas on the songs he posted was a poor idea, but his DJ sets he posted online have a lot to be desired. Ticket purchased anyway.

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Thoogsby posted:

Can anyone recommend me any solid Electro-House/Dubstep blogs out there? I'm drying up my resources for finding new tunes.

My buddy runs a site called Skank The gently caress Out, and posts pretty regularly.

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Thoogsby posted:

Everyone should go check out the new album from Tycho called "Dive". It is amazing.

e: Here's a taste http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PitnHzwigTA

Seconded, this album is amazing.

I'm not sure if I saw it posted, but what do people think of Example's album Playing In The Shadows?

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Just to make sure everyone hears the pretty great production that Gareth and Rob are putting out under their new name Knife Party, check out the 25 minute mix they posted back when they hit the scene.

Save the World (Knife Party Remix): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLz-9aYEtWs
http://www.skanktfo.com/2011/11/knife-party-vip-business.html

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Keep it goin' louder, indeed. Diplo gets all the hotties.

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Mr. Crow posted:

Skrillex :waycool:

Now have something that doesn't make you want to kill yourself
http://soundcloud.com/dhg/avicii-vs-leventina-were-gonna

Except for that part where it sounds like they literally just plugged two ipods into a splitter and played the two tracks on top of each other.

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

status posted:

I love this aside from the WUBWUBWUB bits. Yeah I don't even know.

So you like Levels?

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

dj bobby bieber posted:

The song that samples Flo Rida? You bet.

If you're talking about the Etta James sample, that's been used for ages and I give FloRida zero credit for it.

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

GNU Order posted:

Here, listen to a better song that uses this sample
Pretty Lights - Finally Moving

Trust me, I know. I'm all about Pretty Lights, glad I saw him in concert last year for his NYE show.

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Is anyone going to Spring Awakening festival in Chicago in a couple weeks? The line-up looks pretty sweet, at least Friday's schedule anyway. Saturday is a bit rough until later in the night.

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0h2u87JwyA

New Madeon track, Finale. The preview was a great teaser for this, the final track is pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

I've been watching some of TomorrowWorld's Youtube stream and the crowds are not very good. I'm not referring to size, though they are a little smaller than I'd expect. The guys are skeezy as gently caress, and the general mood of attendees is pretty lame.

I'd say it's because Americans are terrible, but the crowds at Ultra Miami seem pretty great on film, so :shobon:.

I'm up in the air as to if festivals that big are even worth it anymore. EDC Chicago was pushing it for me, but at least there were a few sets that didn't stick so close to the "festival sound". I've had way more fun at smaller venues!