Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Anyone here listen to much tech house?

I've just been listening to an early review copy of Henry Saiz's Balance 019 compilation and it's loving boss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
If anyone here is a fan of old-school trance from before Armin and the other Dutchies came to dominate the genre, here's an amazing mix of old-school stuff from Oliver Lieb.

http://soundcloud.com/oliver-lieb/oliver-lieb-at-cream-reunion

Fantastic stuff, I've been blasting it for the last couple of days and still not sick of it.

Tracklisting:
code:
01. Paragliders - Paraglide (Humate Remix) 
02. L.S.G. - Sweet Gravity Remix 1 
03. Natious - Amber (Oliver Lieb Remix) 
04. Humate - Love Stimulation (Oliver Lieb Softmix) 
05. L.S.G. - The Hidden Sun Of Venus (Oliver Lieb Remix) 
06. L.S.G. - My Time Is Yours 
07. Mindspace - In my Eyes 
08. Illuminatus - Hope (Oliver Lieb Remix) 
09. Kamaya Painters - Far From Over (Oliver Lieb Remix) 
10. S.O.L. - Pollenflug 
11. Ignacio (Steve Rachmad) - Virton 
12. S.O.L. - Quantensprung 
13. Aquilia - Dreamstate (Oliver Lieb's LSG Mix) 
14. Paragliders - Lithium 1 
15. L.S.G. - Hearts 
16. Ambassador - The Fade (Oliver Lieb Remix) 
17. L.S.G. - Netherworld (Vinyl Cut) 
18. L.S.G. - Risin (Main Mix) 
19. Cherrymoon Trax - The House Of House (Oliver Lieb Remix) 
20. Utah Saints - Lost Vagueness (Oliver Lieb's Main Mix) 
21. Oliver Lieb - Subraumstimulation (Main Mix)

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

a milk crime posted:

It really looked like he was a clown in the sense that he was completely uninterested in whatever he was doing.

Of course, youtube commenters are all ready to defend him saying it was pre-recorded to sync with the fireworks or whatever. Sure, that's fine, but, at least look interested in what you're doing, Angello?

Then again, do we need a reminder of the creative genius of KNAS?

He's having a really dumb argument with people on Twitter about it:
http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/50776/Steve_Angello_vs_haters_in_another_fauxDJing_debacle

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The Fresh Prince posted:

Wouldn't it mean he actually spends less time with her? I mean, if you're pre mixing a set, then you have to do the work beforehand and then just pretend you're doing the work later. hmmm.

Honestly, it's probably negligible. Premixing a little 15 minute mix in Ableton is super easy - I've done it myself in a couple of hours and I'm just a lovely amateur.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Deadmau5 hasn't produced anything decent since Not Exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Carl Cox is awesome.

quote:

He also offered a frank assessment of Sweat, the David Guetta and Snoop Dogg collab that’ll appear on Guetta’s forthcoming LP Nothing But The Beat. “For me one of the worst records ever made is by Guetta and Snoop Dogg – it’s the epitome of what’s bad about dance music collaboration,” Cox said.

“I like David Guetta as a person and he’s talented in his own right, the same with Snoop. But put them together and it gives me a headache. It’s just a cool business arrangement. Their managers have sat down together and done the maths.”

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/50840/Carl_Cox_no_fan_of_Guettas_pop_hookups