Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboTiio
Dec 29, 2007
ointernet!
Sup, House thread.

I'm an Ableton musician, and I made a House-ish remix that i want to drop on y'all. Inspiration came from the Whitest Kid's U Know's "Old Folks Home" skit, check it out if you're unfamiliar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJnZtcY5-Mk

If you listened to it, you know that the refrain (and really the whole thing) is just ripe for awesome rear end samples. Also I love WKUK and Trevor is hilarious. So I chopped the gently caress out of it and made this beat which may or may not be booty-bumpin'.

Check it out if you can, I'd love feedback on it.

Let's Go (Old Folks Home Remix) by Knave Rogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboTiio
Dec 29, 2007
ointernet!

Hammsturabi posted:

It's pretty creative and the vocal samples are catchy, but it's not booty-bumpin' and does not have enough energy for many people to want to add it into their DJ sets (like you ask on Soundcloud) unless they are DJing some place that calls for calm, trippy music. I also don't see what it has to do with house. But after listening to some of your other stuff, it seems you have a knack for making creepy down-tempo music, good work. If you're interested in making dance music as well, keep practicing (I mean that in an encouraging way).

Cool, thanks for the specific criticism... Re: the House thing, I posted it here 'cause I was recommended to from The Musician Lounge, as it seemed the closest fit. As far as the beat not being completely up to Dance-y levels, I definitely agree. The soundcloud comment was just me sucking my own dick. :P It was my first attempt at trying to do a remix, so I was limited by a couple things... First, not knowing jack poo poo about remixing at all, but second, I was just using an Autofiltered/EQed sample of the song, so I couldn't dial out some of the residual beat and melody from underneath the dude's voice. So, I just kind of had to layer drum samples back over the muddied underlayer of drums. note to self this is why I should track down a cappella poo poo.

Anyway, I'll keep what y'all said in mind when I take a look at it again, much appreciated.