Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Listening to the original, when did Lil Jon go house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Lowness 72 posted:

Is there any place I can download some Danger? Or that I can at least purchase it? I prefer Amazon MP3...but last I checked they only had a few songs and had him confused with some lovely rap group.

When is he coming out with a cd or something of the sort?

Uh, Amazon has both of his EPs 9/14 2007 and 9/16 2007. He's due for a new EP this month, and a full length next year, which might see wider physical release than just an LE LP.

Edit:

Osh posted:

Heh, it looks like they're calling him Danger Beach.

He tends to do that with remixes, I think it is more of an adjective so "Beach Remix" describes the idea he was going with for his remix. The We Are Scientists one had "Danger TV Remix", and the analog television aesthetic is a common theme in his visuals.

Though, I did just notice that only "remix" is not capitalized, so they probably did think that was part of his name...

Fors Yard fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 11, 2009

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Djarum posted:

Danger just put out a 16-bit Trailer for the new EP. It is EPIC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfGSnhYsZLw

At least now I know when the vinyl is being released. Don't want to get close to it selling out before I pick up my copy.

4h30 is growing on me. It doesn't grab me like his other stuff has. I honestly kind of prefer the 16 bit version. Though, I don't think he will ever be able top 88h88, in my opinion. Though, I do really like that we are are actual getting some idea of the story he has got behind it, now.

I wonder if we'll ever see 9/15 2007...

Fors Yard fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 7, 2010

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

09/17 2007 cover:

Looked for a higher resolution version with tineye, but all it was picking up was other images with the Danger logo.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

JimmyJazz posted:

daft punk mix from 96, some pretty crazy sounds for the time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaq285eGnLA

Probably the gear they were using:

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Hm, where could that imagery have come from?

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Dooky Puss posted:

Listened to Dark Space by Altair Noveau. I enjoyed it a lot. Here's his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/altairnouveaumusic

:argh:

I thought he released something new. That first EP of his is called Dark Energy. "Death on Four Wheels" is my favorite off of it. Though, I think "Sorcerer" is his best.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

There is (what I assume to be) the full track on another video on youtube, actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcNoAvoaNEE

I guess one of my complaints with it, is that it sounds a bit too much like the EAT remix of 88:88 (or at least parts of it). I still like it, though. I am curious as to what else shows up on the EP.

Fors Yard fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 12, 2010

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

2 minute previews of the rest of the originals off of 09/17 2007. Amazon has 30 second previews of all the tracks, including the two remixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQveRmLO7kk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBp3UEcuYjA

Definitely not my favorite of his, though still going to buy a copy, come the 25th. I like 3h16 quite a bit more. 3h11 really reminds me of something out of the game Snatcher, which probably isn't too much of a stretch given that this is the first image in the opening credits to that game:

Compare that to the cover of 09/17 2007...

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Tualek posted:

I'm pretty sure the digital doesn't drop till the 1st of February

You can order the vinyl on the 25th. I don't think the digital copy is bought through Ekleroshock, but that will be available a week later. They've just got a dummy paypal button setup until release, so people can see that it is there.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Yeah, my only complaint with 09/17 2007 is the remixes. The Oliver $ remix is better than Riot Kid's, but not by a whole lot. So I guess the B side of my copy won't get any wear, when that arrives.

But the three originals are fantastic. 3h11 is great, but feels a little like filler; it lacks the intensity the others have. But 3h16, alone, is well worth it. One of my favorites, of what he's done, so far. A minor gripe with 4h30 is that the interlude is a bit too loud. When it gets to ~1:44, I've got to turn it down a little. Oh, well.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

vibrantglow posted:

If anyone ends up with an extra copy of the 9/17 2007 vinyl, I have an extra copy of 9/16 2007 that I would like to trade.

If you really want a copy, keep your eye on juno.co.uk. They have it listed TBA, with a release of Feb 5th, so jump on it as soon as you can, as it might go fast.

Search for "09/17/2007" instead of how you have it in your post (even though you are correct).

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Here is a huge version of the 09/17 2007 cover, I cropped it to fit the same dimensions as the next one. Rule of thirds!

And, this is probably what you already have, but here is his myspace background, sans annoying animation.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

I couldn't tell if you wanted the Danger logo in the image. If not, I can remove/relocate it very easily. I hesitated doing one for this image, as the resolution isn't as good as the others (at least the 09/17 one) so I had to stretch it some to fit.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

If you are looking for more stuff like Justice, Revolte might be good. They don't have a whole lot of tracks, but some pretty good ones ("TAKK", "Unit 1 Lesson 2", and "Weak Generation").

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Did anyone's copy of 09/17 2007 come in cellophane? Mine didn't, but last year 09/16 2007 was definitely sealed. Just curious if that was the case with all of them.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

deadmouth

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

CubistK2 posted:

Heh, while we're briefly on this topic. I went as Danger to a frat last halloween. No one knew who I was :(

I hate to nitpick, but you should have put the eyes on vertically. Not that that would have changed the amount of people who recognized you, it just looks a little different from what I've seen Danger draw/wear.

I went as Guy-Manuel from Daft Punk a couple years ago, and not too many people commented on it. I'm still kind of working on the helmet, and I'm hoping to put an Arduino in it for some programmable lights.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

!!

So, I am one of the winners in the Danger Bostleg Tournament. I made the Akira/3h11 one.

Very, very pleased with the outcome (Well, save for the Death Proof one; not a fan of over the top gore. Yes, I know it's Tarantino). I'll take pictures of the shirt and medal whenever I get them.

This would be the worst April Fool's joke, though...

--

Also, really liking that Flight Facilities song. Don't know which version I like best, yet.

Fors Yard fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 1, 2010

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

CubistK2 posted:

Awww you son of a bitch! Congratulations man, I was waiting for EVER for the results.

Yeah please do post the shirt and the medallion, I hope Danger delivers with the art on that part.

I submitted videos too, but some kept being taken off because of Copyright stupid.

I still think my video version of 3h16 is better than the winner, judge for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBpr_TowqzM

Edit: doubt they have april fools in france, so you're good

Thanks, and I'll get those photos up as soon as those things get here.

I was mostly surprised that the two other winners had complete dropouts of the music. It worked, but I thought the "no editing the Danger track" would apply to that. I kind of thought the main point was to work the video around the song.

I did enjoy yours. I think one thing yours had over most 3h16 bostlegs is that the middle, more orchestral part was actually used well. In most of the others I watched (admittedly few), that part always felt a bit out of place.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

bionictom posted:

Can you guys help me find more music like this please? http://troelsabrahamsen.bandcamp.com/track/calm-down

it's Troels Abrahamsen, a danish producer/musician. I'm very picky when it comes to electronic music I like, and I wish i had more artists like this.

Might be a little off target, but I would suggest The Prodigy. I used to write them off, for the longest time. After finally listening to The Fat of the Land, not long ago, it's a great album. They are a little more dense, and use a lot more samples, but the first bit of this reminded me of them to some degree. More big-beat percussion than glitchy stuff like your example has, though.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

CubistK2 posted:

Also Do we have a pic of the Danger T-shirt/Medal Prize from the contest. I wanna see that :D

It's coming. With the other two winners, the email didn't get through to them when they were asking for their address, so one of them eventually sent me a message asking if I got one, and I told them who to respond to, etc... I got the email the day the winners were announced after I responded to the youtube PM, so I'm not sure what happened.

I emailed Ekleroshock, and a week ago they said they still needed a shirt to be made (most likely due to the two others being a few weeks off in responding to them). But trust me, when I get it, I'll post it.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

New Ekleroshock shop. Just went up today, it seems:

http://eosrecords.myshopify.com/

Some new merch, including a Data shirt, and Danger pin (edition of 300), as well as the existing records.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Just got these in today:

Surprised at the inclusion of the other record and pin. I had already bought one of the pins. I was planning on giving my cousin the 09/17 2007 I was winning for his birthday, and ordered 09/16 2007 from juno.co.uk, so he would have both. So right now I have a total of three copies of 09/16 2007, and two of 09/17 2007...

Here's the medal up-close (albeit a bit fuzzy):

Still waiting on the shirt (they were having problems with that, and just sent these for the time being.) and I'll post that, later.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

No, it just came in the pouch (and the pin was affixed to the pouch), and I just set it on there for contrast. And it's not wearable, unfortunately. I was expecting it to be on a ribbon to wear around your neck, but it's more of a medallion. I'm going to think of some way to display it.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Das Kimboplex posted:

These tracks don't feel Daft Punk at all, they feel very movie score-ish (first four tracks all sound the same) which I guess is the goal but why dump a bunch of money when you have a movie score that sounds like any other?

I'm not a huge Tron fan, but the Daft Punk score has my interest.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, and I'm sure they know that the DP involvement will garner a lot more attention from those who might not normally be as inclined to go out and see it.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

nous_ posted:

God bless Boney M.

I can't agree with you on that. Last year, my Slovenian truck driver neighbor blasted this on repeat at 1 am. He was just sitting in his pickup listening to this. Did it again in the afternoon the next day, luckily with a few different songs by them. Drove me insane.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Law posted:

So I posted a few days ago in the recommendation thread but I didn't get much of a response. I am completely new to anything that wasn't made 40 or so years ago, but I've recently fallen in love with Daft Punk and I need more, what are the absolute must have albums? I've already listened to Cross but that's about it.

Revolte might be to your liking. Elements of Justice and Daft Punk. They have done a Daft Punk Remix (adding talk box vocals to Voyager), and Danger did a remix for them (Revolte at 22h10, a remix of their Weak Generation). Unfortunately, they seem to be on hiatus. They don't have a whole lot of tracks, out there.

Revolte - Blackout:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLyvzFgHYT0

Revolte - Threshold:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8lHD_Ra4EA

Revolte - Guess What:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JuGgqT1BU0

Daft Punk - Voyager (Revolte Remix):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1leRnee7IVM

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

The Chemical Brothers' Don't Think was a lot of fun. There were a few things I didn't like (the mini-narrative parts that comprise most of the trailer footage: girl walking around the festival). But the way they captured the audience and Ed and Tom on stage was drat near perfect. Very candid, and intimate despite being at a huge festival. Lots of visual effects on the live footage that reflected the projections on stage, which I thought was really effective. I hope it isn't really a one-night theater event, but if it goes to DVD/whatever I would recommend checking it out.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZYW1d5K6n8

Fors Yard fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 3, 2012

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

I just booked my BoltBus tickets to Vancouver (from Seattle round trip $2!!) for Danger. Biltmore Cabaret looks like an interesting venue. I think only ~350 people, and I saw a picture of Kid Koala there, and the audience was kind of on the same level as him, so it should be quite intimate. I might have to flash my Bostleg medal at him...

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

You'd probably like Ulrich Schnauss. I was supposed to see Ulrich at Decibel Festival in Seattle, but he had to cancel due to visa issues. Tycho played in his place, and it was a great show. I knew of Tycho, but hadn't listened to much, so it was a nice introduction. Schauss' A Strangely Isolated Place is a favorite of mine, but all of his material is quite good. If "A Letter from Home" sounds familiar, I think Coldplay borrowed some of it for "Lovers in Japan".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_6Z5C8cE0Q

Fors Yard fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 29, 2012

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

CubistK2 posted:

http://www.djmag.com/node/45879

Danger - July 2013

He's definitely going in a new direction, and I'm on board

My first impression was pretty poor, but I'm warming to the new style. 1:13 is the only track I really like, mostly due to it's similarities to 88:88. Is it just me, or is this way too distorted? Any loud part sounds like total garbage. I'm curious to see how the vinyl sounds at those parts - hopefully better.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

For those that might be interested, Danger has a new competition similar to the one four years back. In short: take 30 seconds of a movie/game/show and sync up one of the tracks from his new EP to be a new soundtrack. I made one today using Akira:

For those who haven't heard it, it will give you an idea the direction the EP has gone to the more cinematic (which almost feels out of place in this thread).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxsSXoGQJxs

Details:
http://1789records.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Yeah, I feel the same way. July 2013 wasn't great then Taiko was a total flop to me. I'm all for artists doing new things, but he even came to Seattle to play live and I didn't care (went up to B.C. to see him back in 2011 or so, so I at least saw him once back in his heyday) It is great to hear the old songs in high quality, but I'm years past when I was really into his music and I think he hurt himself by waiting this long. The art is cool, but I still like his more handdrawn stuff of the old EPs opposed to the CG looking stuff now. I always assumed 9h20 wasn't going to get a release because it is kind of a ripoff of a song from Battletoads in Battlemaniacs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDscrKgc8XY