Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
So I saw Justice, DJ Mehdi, A-Track, Busy P, and Breakbot at Terminal 5 in NYC. One of the greatest concerts of my life. Seriously so much fun; I love electronic music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Tualek posted:

Northeast goons, Major Lazer + Rusko is hitting up Cambridge, Mass. Pretty much too close for me not to go...Major Lazer, Rusko, and Pretty Lights in 1 week. It's gonna be good.

Yeah, Ed Banger 7th was great. Got A-Trak's autograph. Awesome night.

I am hitting up Major Lazer in april at terminal 5 again!

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
http://www.hardfest.com/hnyc10.php
the hard nyc lineup is nasty.
bloody beetroots is there too now.

Best part of all of this though: I AM GOING HOLY poo poo.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Apolis posted:

aren't bloody beetroots switching over to a live set up now? not 'live' like justice et al, live with drums/guitars.

Not sure, but they probably won't have time to set that up at Terminal 5 because the crowd gets rowdy if the music stops for even a second.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Tualek posted:

I'm way overdue to see Buraka Som Sistema, but that weekend is looking ridiculous already. Love Terminal 5. Where did you see that the Beetroots were gonna be there?

Anyways, Chemicaljump did a post on Mix Chopin today. Funky, funky, funky. Loved it so much had to share.

Mix Chopin- Ecliptic

Anyways, got my Ultra ticket, so I'll be heading down there. Anybody else going?

My friend is involved with the concert. I don't know when the official announcement is yet and he says there is a chance they may drop out.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Rearsby Massive posted:

Woooo Ed Banger European Birthday tonight. It would be nice if Mr Oizo turned up!

A-track turned up at the New York one. It was quite the concert.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Volvagia posted:

Saw A-trak last night and he dropped some amazing poo poo, I gotta find out what some of those tracks were.

I bet one of them was Heads Will Roll (A-Track Remix) - Yeah Yeah Yeahs. He played that when I saw him last month and it was incredible.

Also TheNEWDEAL - Receiver is incredible. I love this song.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

LE0N posted:

Urgh america, want this lineup in the uk

If only there was less Crystal Castles on that lineup...

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Mr Viper posted:

I know you guys hate HARD cuz of last summer, but I gotta admit, HARD 13 at Club Nokia was such a well-put-together show. My faith in Destructo putting on good events has been restored...

There is a HARD event at terminal 5, which is a difficult venue to gently caress up. So hopefully I will report back good things. I will dagger the night away to major lazer.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
You guys are going so hard.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
Let's just all agree David Guetta sucks and call it a day.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
When I saw Busy P, A-Track said "everyone it's David Guetta!!!!!" then the room went silent. Then he said, "just loving with you it's BUSY P." And everyone lost it. Ahah gently caress David Guetta. I didn't even know he was responsible for all that garbage house/pop poo poo that my dorm mates love.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
You just guaranteed another 2 pages of Mau5 bitching.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
Major Lazer and Boys Noize tomorrow. I am pumped.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Raptor Jesus posted:

HARD was just pure musical mayhem, poo poo was seriously crazy.

Last night was absurd. Like that is the most fun I have had at a concert yet, and when lemonade came on... hollly shitt.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
What do you guys use to make your mixes? I feel like there is a wide range of programs used in this thread.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
There is no good electronic music in Chicago coming up. God damnit.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

plogo posted:

When you say coming up do you mean this weekend or something? There's loads of stuff in Chicago.

I really must not be looking hard enough, because I would love to go to some June electronic concerts.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

zerojake posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyNCLiBtRI

if yall are in boston come on down tonight!

I am right outside boston and would be so down for some nice shows. So give us a heads up in advance!

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

trill rear end posted:

heres that r kelly edit i was talkin about

Is there any possible way you could upload it somewhere else? I only ask because for some reason my school blocks tindeck and I really want to hear this.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
Duck Sauce needs to drop that Barba Streisand track soon. I need to hear it in full.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

LE0N posted:

Im gonna enjoy myself at "west dance" at glastonbury on the friday:

West Dance
DJ Boys Noise
DJ Simian Mobile Disco
Live Delphic
DJ Fake Blood
DJ Rusko
Live Chromeo
DJ Aeroplane
DJ Boy 8-Bit
DJ Hannah Holland

:toot:

I would kill to see fake blood right now. I love this genre!

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Pres posted:

The new duck sauce track is floating about the internet and it's amazing!

For some reason I can only find the remix...

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
Despite all the Deadmau5 hate, I think this is still a cool video: http://vimeo.com/4665327

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

bobz0r posted:

You should pick up a flv to mp3 converter or just go to one of the many sites that can do it for you. I like using http://www.video2mp3.net/

That yields poor quality most of the time. Literally if you search the 'song name + artist + download" you will find a link eventually, either paid or free.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
There's only a radio rip right now, but everyone should check out ADD SUV (Armand Van Helden Remix) - Uffie ft. Pharrell. Much better than the original personally.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

melee beats posted:

Uffie is so done... Its all about Ke$ha now!!!

Has Ke$ha laid to bed with everyone on ed banger's? I didn't think so :colbert:.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Firaga posted:

I know this was posted a few pages back, but One by Swedish House Mafia needs more love. I heard it for the first time live on Friday at a club and it KILLED the dance floor. This track needs to be heard live to really appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO0HZYNAsF4
I could see how it would be much better live, but I honestly don't find it to be as great as everyone says it is.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

JimmyJazz posted:

the lead synth is just sooo drat cheesy. i really wish they woulda done more with the bassline they only let stand out in the last minute

Agreed. It's just a really simple scale for the most part and gets old really fast for me. So much potential wasted.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
Let Go - PUNCHES
I can't explain it, but this song is incredible for me.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
I feel that there are many artists these days who only have One Remix Wonders.

@Rusty www.warehousedisco.com

phractured fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 6, 2010

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
edit: gently caress, double post

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
The non radio rip version of "ADD SUV (armand van Helden remix)" is out now. Thank god.

Also I have been binging on discohouse because of this thread.

e: The only thing I could see an ipad being useful for, for DJs and artists, is replacing that 16x16 grid of buttons that deadmau5 and a bunch of other artists use.

phractured fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 7, 2010

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

GZA Genius posted:

made its rounds last week on the blogs but I'm lovin it

Human Life- In It Together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU2xCaCDoRM&feature=player_embedded

Really interesting video. It gives me some Labyrinth/Alice In Wonderland feel.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
Honestly guys, I am little out of it right now, but I love electronic music, this thread, and all the great taste that is found to be here. FRIDAAYYYYYY.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
I got your back man; I thought he was mentally disabled at first too.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

mezzir posted:

Oh hi there
http://soundcloud.com/mezzir/natalie-storm-look-pon-me-mezzir-remix

Also finally got around to listening to Lazerproof. Overall fairly underwhelmed but holy poo poo the I'm Not Your Toy remix is loving awesome. But like the Keep It Goin Louder track just kinda pales in comparison to the original. Cool concept though

Can I get a download link for that? This is loving awesome.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

mezzir posted:

Not yet, sorry :( The contest is still ongoing so until they announce winners I want to err on the side of caution. Will definitely post is as soon as I can though, or just check mezzir.com periodically, it'll be there for sure.

Word man thanks. This is so much better than the original.

Also would getting my friends old MPC be a good way to start making electronic music? Or where does one suggest I start?

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

mezzir posted:

Hop on into ML, or more specifically read through this thread a bit: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2791601 and feel free to ask stupid questions, thats what the thread's there for :) (though read it first cause its probably been asked before)

Wow thanks. I had no clue such a thread existed. Also, I am off to see Pretty Lights, RJD2, and Chiddybang (meh) tomorrow night and I am pumped. Terminal 5 gets some really good shows in NYC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
Pretty lights was great, but there were tons of bros at the concert for chiddy abng and they ruined RJD2. I had never seen a fight at an electronic concert until some shithead laxbro started 3 fights tonight.