Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Anyone seen Vitalic live? I kinda wanna go next month. I really liked Flashmob, pretty sure it was my fav electronic release this year. Way better than the first one, which was too clean and glitzy for me...Flashmob sounds like he's finally trying out some distortion, and it owns.

bog savant fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

incoherent posted:

Just in case people forget, the gucci mixtape is available

http://maddecent.com/freegucci/

This is so loving unbelievably great. Gucci's always owned but this is nuts.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

incoherent posted:

People should be listing to the south rakkas mixtape and album as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROXzkNa5iTU

:frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

More of stuff like this, less boring bleep bloops like Danger please!

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

sonicice posted:

You can find lots of stuff like this in the hip hop megathread!

Really? I don't think so, listen to the first track on the South Rakkas tape. It's the best, and not something you would find in that thread dude. Definitely fits in here.

Also I've been blasting the Dope Boys Bird Peterson remix round the clock. So so good.

bog savant fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 14, 2010

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

PhonyMcRingRing posted:

I didn't know that electro had been changed to meaning "rapping and yelling over chip tunes and sound effects" but ok.

Oh my God, I missed this. Post of the thread.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Everyone who got into this stuff because of Cross, please, please just do a tiny bit of research.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Yep, and this:

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Night-DJ-Saved-Life/dp/0802136885/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263491280&sr=8-1

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

Terrible Horse posted:

Getting loving clowned on by real dudes and made to feel like a complete noob bitch is an important part of every music fan's evolution, dont fight it

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

Mike_V posted:

It's a sad day when an IDM artist willingly drops his 'I' :smith:

This post is mindblowing. If you're a troll congrats, this is beautiful.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

Threatis posted:

i think what alot of people dont realize that most people in the "scene" come from punk/hardcore roots. Like, flash back to 1996 and you'll find a young me at some victory records band show in a small venue somewhere goin' off.

Same. Funny, I used to love everything Dim Mak put out when I was in high school, and look what aoki's doing now.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

Mr Viper posted:

Um, no? I'll use whatever term I want. What's wrong with an the encompassing word "Electronica"? It's an easy word that describes EDM without getting too category-specific.

It has negative connotations to real-dude fans of dance/electronic music, it really was invented by the labels as a marketing gimmick.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I'm going on saturday, I love a few of the songs off flashmob even though the rest is kinda meh.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Any toronto dudes going to Congorock at the social march 6?

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Saw A-trak last night and he dropped some amazing poo poo, I gotta find out what some of those tracks were.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
What does crystal castles dude do live? I've only seen them once ages and ages ago when they were first starting out and he played bass over a CD playing the beats.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

Threatis posted:

when i saw them they were running a DAT for base tracks and he was doing some live vocorder/ synth work.

I hear so much negative stuff about them, including 'the dude doesn't do anything live', 'they steal most of their music from the 8-bit community', etc. etc. but they can craft some killer beats and their success means there is an audience for more out-there electronic stuff in north america so it's all good. Lighten up, CC haters.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
On this whole topic I saw kap bambino (sick french electropunk) awhile back and the tiny crowd was about 50% goony goons who obviously had never heard of the screamers or Suicide or the units and it was super funny. same thing happens at polysics shows too. I bet a Danger show has an even more hilariously awkward audience.

bog savant fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 15, 2010

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Threatis you always sayin you got stories bout deadmau5, give us the goods.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

CubistK2 posted:

I went as Danger to a frat last halloween. No one knew who I was :(

'Nice Bondage Spiderman dude' - everyone.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

Threatis posted:

straight up, i think that Dominique Young Unique track "Show My rear end is gonna be up there this summer. I'm literally playing this thing every drat gig i got and it's EXPLODING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBf0r7Vae2E

Goddamn I just posted in the 'identify a song' thread looking for this! This track. loving. rules.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Ahahah yesss that CC track rules. No one can accuse them of being unoriginal at least. Such insane production.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Threatis calling out nerds for being nerds in the synth thread of an internet forum; thats some sisyphean poo poo.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Yeah I can't really hate on even the bro-est of dudes; just glad they're getting into music they would've been calling 'human being poo poo' a few years earlier.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Jesus christ that trailer; the rockists are right, gently caress edm.

Exaggerating, but man that looks awful.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I saw MIA just after Kala was released and it was rad, she killed it with just herself, a DJ and a hype man.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
OMG blew but Rusko's a real dude, I don't begrudge him any of his success.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

Mr Viper posted:

But, it also apparently makes you one hell of an electronica musician, so maybe it's not THAT bad? He may be a cracked out weirdo 4channer, but he's also one hell of an artist.

He's a 4channer? Ahaha that fits so well.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Bashing artists you don't like and getting into hilarious meaningless arguments and heads schooling know-nothing newjacks are all the best parts of this thread and music scenes in general, I love it. There's a million blogs to discover new tracks on it's boring to just use this for that. Viper call it 'electronica' again ahahaha.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
CC rules because they've swindled their way into touring the world + living the dream without that much talent, good for 'em.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

Azure_Horizon posted:

Any Passion Pit fans here? They're fairly mild electro but man, Swimming in the Flood gives me chills just like Pendulum's DnB song Plastic World does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7vBkolujSY

My dudes and I did a remix for 'em awhile back I'll post it when I find out what's happening with it release-wise.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I was just listenin to the new Osawa album I thought it was boring as hell, the other one's way better.

e: that remix does own though

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Yeah good on digitalism for taking their time and all, but 4 years to make an EP of (presumably from the clips) straight bangers? The bloghouse ship has sailed for everyone but suburban 16 year olds by now.

bog savant fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 22, 2010

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
It had its time. But you can't just crunch some saw waves up in reason for forever.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Everyone cop lazer sword's album when it drop but until then:

http://www.factmag.com/2010/10/25/stream-lazer-swords-debut-album-all-week-on-fact/

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
For better or for worse he's like kids' gateway into edm for some reason, which I appreciate. My lil sis cranks ghosts n stuff constantly these days. They'll grow outta him sooner or later.

bog savant fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 1, 2010

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Threatis you're in ottawa right, do you know that electro-punky band daquiri? Are they still around? I saw CC with them ages ago. Goony kinda music but eh i liked it tons in high school.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Do I like ac slater enough to see him next week? Oh, these first world problems...

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Isn't that the track that's literally just a synth riff from a vengeance pack over and over?

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Night slugs show next week, I'm stoked for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Oh phew, night slugs still coming to canada. I wonder if egyptrixx will show, dunno if he's in the city or not.