Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

so, Sydney Park Life was yesterday. Feed Me was amazing, totally killed it. Nero was probably even better. Anyone else go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

Yes, Flux Pavillion was OK. but kind of overshadowed by the others. Shame I missed Diplo, but I'm not really broke up about that seeing I had so much fun.

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

First new Presets track in years ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59VaXUt-yMg

It's not what I was expecting. Electronic music has changed a lot in the last few years, so I thought it'd sound pretty different to their other songs. I didn't want it to sound like Bangarang, but this is kind of disappointing.

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

yeah, It's not terrible, I was just expecting a little more of an evolution. Still have high hopes for the album.

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

I think the new Presets album is pretty good, not quite as good as the first two (to be fair, they're both nearly flawless).

The album suffers for not having any instrumentals and seems to have been built around big anthemic crowd-friendly hooks. Also, there's no song about handjobs.

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

Cyril Sneer posted:

Yeah, I agree actually. I wasn't too keen on the first single, but after listening to the other songs its a pretty good album.

my favorite part of the record is probably A.O. Weird, long song where Julian's accent starts to leak through at points, it's such a neat song.

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

It's about on part with 4x4=12. Annoying that so many of the tunes have been heard before in demo, livestream etc, but on the otherhand that's part of the appeal behind deadmau5. I don't think Joel is the type to keep secrets, somehow.

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

Thoogsby posted:

Really, out of the whole album those are the two songs you pick?

I think Professional Griefers is great, but I do concede that this may be due to being sixteen when Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge came out.

That article is sort of interesting. He raises some good points (name your loving albums Joel) but I disagree that it's the same sort of music as Will.I.Am et al. It's way lower-effort. The instrumentals are probably what he'd be making regardless of his fame and fortune - Deadmau5 rarely puts in 100% of all of his considerable brain power & resources into something. Typically his records have one or two (occasionally more) tunes that you can tell have a lot more in them. That's when the magic happens & you get stuff like Strobe, Some Chords, Arguru, Bleed etc.

But even Deadmau5 is saying it's a compilation of stuff he's cooked up in the last year. It's really more like a mix-tape than a cohesive album. Is it lazy to release an album of tunes that you've already shown everyone and call it new?

Maybe he'll take some time off, one day & make something as cool as Get Scraped. He's definitely capable.

well why not fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Sep 26, 2012

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

Skrillex is in Wreck It Ralph? How weird. I'm beginning to get a lost-youth vibe from that dude.

http://soundcloud.com/dillonfrancis...francis-bootleg

I like how DIllon Francis basically came from nowhere and is now producing some really clean tunes. He was a DJ before moombahton started doing stuff, then he started producing and seems to have done really well.

His twitter is pretty funny, too.

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

Th 16bit remix of Noisia's Machine Gun is probably one of the 'heaviest' electronic songs out there.

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

They really have different goals and vibes, it's not like they're even really comparable outside of a few influences. Daft Punk is more Chic, Justice is more Black Sabbath. It's apples and oranges.

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

what is Sebastian Tellier's powerlevel ???

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

CubistK2 posted:

Couldnt agree more, I almost hope a label producer forced Danger to feature this lil Brain character for 11:50. It seems too awful for Franck to endorse himself.... But you never know

I kinda love how OTT the autotune is. He's doing a Future (the singer, not the genre) inspired tune and it works for me. Autotune is the modern vocoder and a vocoder always has a place on an electronic album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

I got really nostalgic before and dug this up:

https://soundcloud.com/ajaxklassic/ajax-1

Couldn't find a legit source, but here's a SC rip. AJAX was a huge DJ in Australia about a decade ago. He died in 2013 and I saw his site has expired and now I'm feeling really old and sad. Awesome mix and it's taking me back to some really fun times. Every song is pretty upbeat and it's just so well mixed.