Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
Man that ultra line up is sick, and I got tickets. The weekend after this one could not come any sooner, can't wait to see deadmau5 and beetroots on stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
Miami Ultra is this Friday, making this the longest week ever for the year for me. Of course I have exams this same week, concentrating is hard enough as it is.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Dono posted:

In support of all of our haters. :smug:

Still needs a few touch ups, but I'll have a blue light-up inside and that white rod in the center will be gone!

Are you going to be wearing this at ultra I will totally come up and give you a high five if you are

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Sigvard posted:

Swedish House Mafia destroyed me at Ultra.

Also, they sold out both days. Next year has been extended to three.

UMF is a religious experience.

Quoting this for truth, I had a blast each day. Beetroots tore it apart, I loved deadmau5's set but I can still admit that he hosed up somewhere in the middle, does anyone know what he was trying to say before Ultra was over? He just muttered something into the microphone and pretty much the whole crowd had a ":psyduck:" moment. My brother says he was trying to say something related to chtulu but I'm not sure.

Oh right, Carl Cox Friday night just tore it up, I definitely underestimated how good of a DJ he is.

I also think I high-fived the wrong mau5head, woops!

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Mr Viper posted:

Whoa... that's unforgivable at a huge thing like WMC.

I heard he had a live drummer, or did something crazy and new. What was it?

Besides Tommy Lee he also played some dubstep for what I think was the first time. It was new for me at least.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Rukes posted:

Tommy Lee doing FML live as well as drumming on a new song, Sofi Toufa (Tommy's girlfriend, she's a famous backup dancer/backup singer) singing on that new song, also a few new songs were played like the dubstep track.

Coachella is where the new production/visual stuff will debut, though.

Just another quick question, everyone at ultra went crazy for deadmau5 doing one more song. It really looked like he was gonna do it too with smoke and lights just blasting on, then after some stalling they turned off again, what was up with that?

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Dono posted:

That's pretty much it. The city requires the festival to shut down at a certain time or they face some pretty hefty fines. Depressing I know, but I've heard from a few friends who work with the festival that there will be a third day next year. I haven't done too much digging to back that up officially, but it's being talked about down here like it's common knowledge.

Edit: Apparantly they mentioned something toward the end of Deadmau5's set, but I left 10min before the set ended due to a friend getting sick :shroom:

It's a definite. The announcer/MC/whateverthefuck told the whole crowd when the set was over, the cheering that preceded was hysterical.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

trill rear end posted:

thanks brah!

Yeah I'm also gonna have to give you compliments on that. I sent it to a good chunk of friends and they all love it, if that tells you anything.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
I guess I'll have to ask here because my googlefu just isn't working for me.

Does anyone have a possible list of downloads for mixes played at ultra this year? Me and my brother have been scavenging everywhere for deadmau5 and bloody beetroots but can't find anything. I know deadmau5 was supposedly not that good but it was my first time seeing it and I really like it and I want to remember :ohdear:

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Dono posted:

I think his set was great, maybe not as explosive as last years Ultra (partly due because how insane the crowd was last year) but he was still good. People were just let down at the lack of stage performance. If a mix does pop up I'll send you a PM.

Don't have PMs, if you happen to find it please drop an email to geruta345@yahoo.com if you can find it. It would be greatly appreciated :)

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
Can anyone recommend reliable electro news sites? This topic is pretty good for listening to new things but it's always nice to have more places to check out for new music.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Mr Viper posted:

If anyone's interested, with mod approval...

Deadmau5
Coachella 2010

http://hotfile.com/dl/40509313/bfff1f2/deadmau5_-_Coachella_2010.zip.html

Audio ripped from soundboard camera, mixed and spliced by Mr Viper

01 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - Some Chords [New]
02 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - Sofi Needs A Ladder [New]
03 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - Chthulu Sleeps [New]
04 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - The Reward Is Cheese
05 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - Track 05 [New]
06 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - Moar Ghosts n' Stuff
07 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - Sometimes Things Get, Whatever
08 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - Strobe
09 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - I Said
10 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - FML
11 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - Track 11 [New]
12 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - Not Exactly [Ghost In The Shell Theme Remix]
13 - Deadmau5 - Coachella 2010 - Arguru

:)

So I was about to go all "Yo you mixed up FML with I Remember" then holy poo poo that transition this blows ultra out of the water.

Thank you so much

EDIT: Just gonna leave this here

DINOSAURS WITH GUNS

Metroixer fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 1, 2010

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
I've been trying to find music that is of the style of Boys Noize and Bloody Beetroots with no luck. I'm terrible at finding such things, so can anyone recommend any artists/tracks?

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Dr. Goonstein posted:

Right now I've been listening to a lot of The Bloody Beetroots' songs. They have a few different remixes I like (the remix of New Noise in particular) and Warp is easily one of my favorite EDM songs ever.

I'm also starting to get into MSTRKRFT, Boys Noize, and Afrojack (might be a little too mainstream too). If you guys could provide any suggestions, that would be awesome. I know very little Justice, but i do love MSTRKRFT's remix of D.A.N.C.E. and the original for what it is worth.

You pretty much listen to what I do, I'm not too good on this suggestion thing, but I'm a fan of Dirty Disco Youth, Proxy, and Digitalism

As you have probably read before, electro house is a pretty varied genre and half the fun is discovering what's your specific taste!

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Flashing Twelve posted:

So Ultra sold out before I could buy my tickets. Am I going to have any luck scalping or is it all going to be 300% markup bullshit?

Maybe not 300% but it's still going to be significantly higher than the normal selling price. If you're willing, be ready to give up a lot of money.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Has anyone here seen The Glitch Mob live? I am going to see them soon and am so excited!

Hi! I saw the glitch mob live during ultra having no idea who they were.

I liked it so much I got their newest album thingy (Drink the Sea). I can't really say much more except that the visuals were pretty great.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
I was listening to Jack Beats' 2010 Essential Mix and enjoyed the "wobbly house music" (that's what pete tong called it at least). Can anyone suggest any songs that are like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r65FTR7AqdU

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Longtiem posted:

http://www.karmaloop.com/contest-diploxmaluca.asp

first moombahton video is a keeper

I would spice this post up with a screenshot but i just. i just cant. i just can't do it guys :(

If it's possible can someone make a GIF from :14 to :18 with Diplo and Dillon Francis avatar size?

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
Going to see Diplo at Rivalry music fest in Tally tomorrow. I hear he plays bro stuff in his sets but I'm not really worried because loving diplo!!!! this will be my first time seeing him live and I am very excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Metroixer posted:

Going to see Diplo at Rivalry music fest in Tally tomorrow. I hear he plays bro stuff in his sets but I'm not really worried because loving diplo!!!! this will be my first time seeing him live and I am very excited.

yep this was rad