Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm still not getting how Moombahton is big. It seems like it's one of those genres that's just going to die within a few months/end of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Threatis posted:

i really cant see how its gonna be gone that soon. care to clarify?
If you want to compare it to brostep, then you'll remember that it was one or two artists that were doing it until Skrillex came along and made it more ridiculous than it already was. I think that Moombahton is going through the same original phase right now. Thats why I can see it dying soon. Then again I just got into this genre over the weekend.

Ponchaxis, where are you located?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I'll shut up now. :(

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

That was the best music video.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Someone should take all those remixes of Levels and create another remix of Levels out of them. I wonder if Madeon would get on that.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

This new Wolfgang track is loving awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ygegunk-0

Oh yeah he collaborated with Skrillex to make it.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Jeseuss posted:

He doesn't have the X factor:
http://www.factmag.com/2012/01/25/new-simon-cowell-show-to-find-the-worlds-greatest-dj/

How can you prove your skill as a DJ in the span of a 3-4 minute audition? Gah

There was a DJ Competition reality show which was basically a giant ad for Smirnoff called "Master of the Mix."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymEleDGFO58

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Saucy Slit posted:

Sweet fuckin' filter goodness. This brand of house will never, ever, get old for me. Ever.
Great remix mane~

Can you guys recommend some blogs that recommend a lot of sweet filter house. I remember getting into this genre two years ago but never could find a blog to keep up with it.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Haha, what's the deal with this?

He's been constantly lambasting Swedish House Mafia for getting paid to play what isn't House music. I think it's more annoying than awesome.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Anyone have any recommendations for podcasts to subscribe to? I've been liking Felix Cartal's weekly podcasts and A-Trak's monthly show so far and I'm looking for more podcasts to listen to while I drive to school.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Rukes posted:

Wondering what everyone's opinion on this is; already #1 on iTunes dance and #7 overall within 12 hours!

I really love it, one of the rare albums where I love every track. I'm a sucker for real melodic stuff.

I'm loving a lot of the songs, mainly Clarity, Fall Into The Sky and Follow You Down. What song of his has your vocals on it (assuming that re-tweet wasn't a joke)?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

My favorite Aoki moment is from a couple years ago when he was very drunk, playing at an NYE party, stumbling over and letting the song finish so that there was dead air for a minute or two.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

a false posted:

you look like you're just trying to sell us poo poo and in the process coming off like the human embodiment of that internet explorer 9 dubstep commercial. i don't know about you but i don't wanna hang out with internet explorer 9, i don't wanna go to internet explorer 9's concerts, and i don't wanna buy internet explorer 9's music off itunes.

Hahaha. I have to find a way to use that in the future.

Anyways, I've been digging Gesaffelstein lately even though I still can't spell his name without Googling it. Are there any artists similar to him?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Anything by DJ Assault?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Ugh, I really like aNYway and The Motion. I was okay with Barbara Streisand and Big Bad Wolf but I really don't want them to go that direction.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Longtiem posted:

You fuckers ruin all my fun. (its diplo)

I was really hoping the answer would be Skrillex. Or Tiesto.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Bouchacha posted:

I just found I might have to pull double-duty for a NYE house party I'm DJing and would really love some suggestions on dancefloor 'bangers' of the electro-house variety. Right now I'm going to start things off with some a 1997 hip-hop set before cranking things up to Stereoheroes and the like. Except now I have to maybe play for 4 hours instead of 2...

You might as well look at the beatport top 100 chart and then look at featured charts from producers and such if you want a quick way.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Oliver have some pretty cool stuff. Their new EP has some really cool tracks like Control and MYB.

https://soundcloud.com/weareoliver/oliver-mechanical-ep-fools

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

The Fresh Prince posted:

I've always assumed the cost of clearing their samples was the reason why they haven't release all their original songs.

I remember seeing an interview with A-Trak and he said that they re-did the album at a slow pace. I hope there's some disco in the new album, but I'm just stoked that they're finally releasing new stuff.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

The Fresh Prince posted:

Thats really not saying much. They've only released two other songs since Barbra Streisand, neither of which were anywhere as good as Barbra Streisand.

It is a very good song though (I like it better than Barbra Streisand). I'm very excited for Quack, especially if Mondo is on it.

I just hope Good 2 You is on the album and that the album is actually released in January. I'm so tired of hearing a release date and then having it pushed back again.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Duck Sauce also put their album for streaming on The Fader: http://www.thefader.com/2014/04/09/stream-duck-sauces-quack-lp/

I really like NRG (especially the Skrillex/KTN/M&O remix), Spandex and Goody Two Shoes. I'm so happy that it's finally being released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Porter's album is available for streaming on NPR's website and I'm really enjoying it. I'm only on Flicker but all of the songs I've heard are really solid.

http://npr.org/2014/08/04/336105504/first-listen-porter-robinson-worlds