Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
I got some fresh heavy disco house from Pablo J, a massive house DJ I somehow knew nothing about, vs Charlie (Phantom's Revenge) by Go Go Bizkitt! on Just for you vol 4. Take Your Love is a monster jam and Charlie fine as always. And Sonic.

Go Go Bizkitt! - Take Your Love VS Charlie (Just for you vol 4)

mogran fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mogran
Jun 25, 2011

dj bobby bieber posted:

YOU HAVE MUCH TO LEARN MOGRAN-SAN

https://soundcloud.com/pjlsounds/take-your-love

Phantom's doesn't use a lot of synth basses.. but Pablo J does. This is definitely a jam.

Also, check out their work on a TPR track:

https://soundcloud.com/thephantomsrevenge/deathbychillwavefreeremix

I've been dying to know what it was and I've never heard Pablo J. Your house fu is indeed strong.

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
Bestrack just put out a new free EP "Workout 2000" and it is as expected. 80s synth/electro on more than the normal amount of cocaine.

Bestrack - Burn The Night

Bestrack - Stamina

You gotta like him on facebook to get the goods.

mogran fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jun 18, 2013

mogran
Jun 25, 2011

Cyril Sneer posted:

There's a lot of groups out there putting out stuff like this, and I like it in theory, but - and there are a few exceptions - it just never seems to evolve out of that amateurish feel (the lyric treatment in particular). It makes me sad because this could sound a whole lot better in more professional hands.

You mean like Kavinksy?

Kavinsky - Pacific Coast Highway

Bestrack's an 80s vibe of french touch. While I think the samples are how they're supposed to be I also think the genre as a whole is expanding in the way that you mean. Pablo J & the Lobsterettes in particular are to me the best right now. They/he/she have taken french house to a new high. I dunno maybe we're talking about different things. Either way it is time for Pablo now.

Pablo J & the Lobsterettes - Take Your Love

Pablo J & the Lobsterettes - Feel The Sun

88h88 posted:

You should note that it's a FREE EP via his Facebook page too! Great poo poo, the last track in particular is fantastic.

Shot in the dark here...you Danger?

mogran
Jun 25, 2011

dj bobby bieber posted:

I love PJL, but I can't help but feel like some of the tracks are straight rips of The Phantom's Revenge's style.

The first time I heard PJL was Take Your Love on a GoGoBizkitt mix and I was positive it was a new Phantom track. Thing is I thought it was the best thing he had ever done. They do sound very similar but I think Pablo takes the style further. Of course Phantom is a legend forever and to be honest I never thought I would find anyone better. I think Pablo J is just more refined. The Phantom's Revenge stuff is always chopped and sliced all to hell and I love it but sometimes I just want to hear that golden sample in one piece.

GoGoBizkitt - "Just For You" Series

88h88 posted:

Just a fan, I get accused of being a nazi sympathiser though so perhaps it wasn't the best choice in username. :ohdear:

Didn't know anything about that. Any idea where that came from?

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
Yup, that totally was you now that I think about it. Just skimmed that Ed Rec comp but I like the Mickey Moonlight track. Mr Flash always makes interesting stuff I just wish he'd speed it up a bit. Oizo track is cool too.

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
A couple digs off the reader today.

GQ - I Do Love You (MyKill Edit)

Justin Timberlake - Take Back The Night (Pat Lok Day x Nite Remix)

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
I don't know how the gently caress I missed this guy. Other than ignoring my reader because 1000+ posts is less than exciting.

Five months ago FKJ (French Kiwi Juice) put out a mean rear end track called So Much To Me. The production is so sexy and precise. I'm a sucker for warped vocal samples and he definitely delivers the goods here.

FKJ - So Much To Me

Just a couple weeks ago he put out what may be my favorite EP this year. The Time For A Change EP is nothing short of splendiferous on all fronts. It's the best of the chilled house I've heard in a long time. I'm actually gitty over this poo poo. I recommend this EP to anyone who likes anything.

FKJ - Instant Need

FKJ - Unchained

FKJ - Between Moods

Another competitor for favorite this year is the Family Function EP by MyCousinVinny and Daims.

MyCousinVinny & Daims - SueWho

MyCousinVinny & Daims - My Body

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
I love me some Big Dope P. Don't know of anyone else that mixes the french sound with club so well. No surprise I dig the new EP.

Speaking of Tagteam I really liked TPR's random "Hidden Nonsense" on their Kimble EP. Actual remix is rowdy as per usual.

Tagteam Terror - You Only (The Phantom's Revenge Hidden Nonsense)

Tagteam Terror - You Only (The Phantom's Revenge Remix)

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
Shook's debut is here and it is good.

Shook - S/T

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
gently caress yes new TPR. And, I was worried he'd be stuck in a certain sound. He's getting close to Big Dope P status IMO.

Older not-dubstep Skream I like

Cassius - I Love U So (Skream Made Zdar Feel Like He Was 20 Again Remix)

One of the best tracks of the year I say

Alizzz - Collapse

mogran
Jun 25, 2011

dj bobby bieber posted:

Here's my new one with a free download (it's part of a two-pack)

https://soundcloud.com/melee/italian-sweater

Enjoy!

The Night Owl's the poo poo dude. Class act for real.

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
drat drat drat, Melee. VII keeps that good vibe alive with style and grace my good man.

Slow burner Bibio - You

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
As far as indie dance goes I'm liking this one from Kitsune which has not happened in a while.

Years and Years - Traps (AttackAttackAttack Remix)

edit: this Lxury mix too

Chvrches - Lies (Lxury Remix)

mogran fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 24, 2014

mogran
Jun 25, 2011

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

So is this basically a PYF thread that wound up in NMD? I can't figure out if there's any actual discussion.

Here's something, does anyone else think the rise of Big Room House is going to lead to an Acid revival? It seems to be kind of pointing that way, a lot of bigger artists have been making some 303-heavy tracks for a while but Big Room's influence has seen Fatboy Slim back in the charts again for the first time in a long time.

I'm still waiting on disco/funk house in the States because Daft Punk couldn't just make Discovery again.

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
I like everything Lindsay Lowend reposts on Soundcloud (and of course his own stuff).

Diversa - underscore - bae

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
I ignored Cashmere Cat and now I will not. Special vibes got my attention.

Cashmere Cat - Wedding Bells

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
Jaw Jam is someone I consider to be quite underrated at this time. He doesn't venture too far from his signature sound and I don't mind that one bit. A handful of his bootlegs are begging for Symbols or someone similar but as far as I can tell he's not been picked up. Future RnB(not jersey club) is a term that seems to follow him. He got a shout out from the Phantom not too long ago via twitter and Sweater Beats dropped him in his Diplo & Friends mix a while back. I expect we'll hear a lot more from him in the future.

Jaw Jam - Tha One I See In My Fantasies When I'm Dreaming (Mix II)

Jaw Jam - Wifey (U Are So Beautiful)

Keyshia Cole - Love (Jaw Jam Real Luv Bootleg)

Sweater Beats - Diplo and Friends Mix 2014

Speaking of Symbols I quite liked the latest EP from Vindata. Favorites being both versions of Bad Dreams.

Vindata - ...For One To Follow EP

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
I came across Super Drug for the first time a few weeks ago thinking it was a new artist, but his soundcloud goes back three loving years! He's sitting right under 600 followers somehow. The bio is kinda tough to make sense of but it says he's from Croatia and has been djing/producing since 1995. For me it is simply good filter funk/disco house music at my kinda speed. There aren't a lot of vocals in his stuff but he manages to find a good enough groove to go without I think.

Super Drug - Swing

Super Drug - Bangin Friday

Super Drug - Groove To Get Down

88h88 posted:

Been waiting on this release for a while ever since I heard the title track which is an absolute stonker. Dude's 17 and putting out some reallllllllll nice poo poo, got the backing of Lakim from Soulection too, he played this at one of the Soulection nights and the joint went off when it hit. BIG tune.

https://soundcloud.com/syzygyrecords/geotheory-futuristic-love-part-1

https://geotheorymusic.bandcamp.com/releases

I dig this and Soulection in general really.

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
I got sauced and threw a mix of some my favorite tracks together. Some new some old.

kwansu - lovepunchdrunkmix

Tracklist:

Mos Def - Ms Fat Booty (Louis Futon Remix)
Rick James - Mary Jane (Jean Tonique Remix)
Prefunk - Get Down (Club Mix)
Hazzaro - Gangster Alliance
Hazzaro - Funky Gang
The Avalanches - Live at the Dominoes
Disorder,2groove - Ready Or Not
DJ Mes - Debbie Does Disco (Drummers beat mix)
James Brown - Sex Machine (pHaZe Project Remix)
Daft Punk - Burnin' (Gonzo Montana and AveMaria's Bruit Infernal Mix)
Vince Fierro - Starchild EX
Cashmere Cat - Wedding Bells (Phazz Remix)

My favorite bit from the new Rustie:

Rustie - Lost feat. Redinho0

mogran
Jun 25, 2011

Saucy Slit posted:

Shooooot I love Superdrug! This track has got a slick, funky rear end groove.... https://soundcloud.com/super_drug/demob2

Check out Joey Chicago and GoGoBizkitt if you dig Filter House. Here's a label he usually appears on https://soundcloud.com/4discorecords

Peep this dook-funky set I mixed for shits'n'gigs.... https://soundcloud.com/sean-boogaloo
(first track is a GoGoBizkitt track, second to last track is a Super Drug track)!

I love 4DISCO and those guys are favorites for sure. I dig the mix.

Joey Chicago - Try To Forget

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
Diggin the new PYRMDPLAZA. Soulection on point yet again.

PYRMDPLAZA - Soulection White Label: 011

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
That M-Phazes track led to a glorious, accurate recommended list/binge. Camden Arc is drat good and it led me to Sevnth Wonder.

And yes every time Lindsay Lowend remixes female RnB vocals is a good time.

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
TPR is still the best for me. Did anyone else happen to catch the other track he posted with Turbo Breakin Broom Dance? He deleted it quickly but it was so much better. Here's one of my favorite tracks on his new mix.

ИΔΤVИ - Bae City Rollaz (feat. YUNG BAE)

Some lazy Sunday jams:

VECT - Papa Was

Strehlow - not about u (feat. Fooki Wonton)

Lindsay Lowend - Memory Foam

Janet Jackson - Someone To Call My Lover (Seiho Bootleg Mix)

Flamingosis - Cheer Up

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
Moon Bounce has been doin' it for me lately

HWLS - 004 (Moon Bounce Remix)

Moon Bounce - Body

And I think I just love every loving edit/remix of this track that happens but Steelix in particular has done it great justice.

Steelix - Lay It Down~

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
LUCA LUSH is all over the place for me but when he's on he's on.

LUCA LUSH - I Can Tell

Lido - Money (LUCA LUSH Edition)

ROSE⌘GOLD showed up out of nowhere with nothing but fire production making me think they are somebody just under a new name but IDK.

ROSE⌘GOLD - Without U

ROSE⌘GOLD - ♥Ride Or Die Girl♥

Good vibe on this Cavalier slow burner

Joker - Midnight (Cavalier Version)

And a couple old Phantom tracks the first of which I sometimes think is his best track to date.

The Phantom's Revenge - A Better Day

The Phantom's Revenge - Commercial Break #2

mogran fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 16, 2015

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
New Phantom slays duh I really feel like he is one of or the strongest producer(s) in house right now . I think I got Daft level boners for this dude.

The Phantom's Revenge - Hello I'm Here + What Am I Doing Wrong

The Phantom's Revenge - DJ BFF SLIDESHOW

The Phantom's Revenge - Thismanisdanger (outro)

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
Not sure how this went missed on soundcloud but it's a great disco fix as well.

Zorbs - Your Eyes (VentureX Edit)

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
Easily on the short-list for favorite up and coming is Strehlow. His club vibes are unique and tasty and he needs to come to Chicago!

Strehlow - Nesha

Strehlow - Ocarina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
For a few years at least I've been waiting for/begging The Phantom's Revenge to make a mix of nothing but the rawest disco jewels and now that he's finally done it I must say...we don't deserve it. Holy gently caress this is way too god drat good I didn't know what I was asking for nor can I believe he actually did this. The Rosetta Stone of Disco has been delivered at 3h28.

The Phantom's Revenge - Michael Knight Leather Jacket

mogran fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Sep 22, 2016