Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I'm trying to experience my Midwestern heritage and get to know Deep House better.

Does anyone have a playlist or primer they'd recommend that would be good to get into it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Mike_V posted:

Can you give me examples of what you think deep house is and/or attempt to articulate what it means to you? This whole phenomenon is really confusing to me because, initially, I was really pumped that people were getting into deep house but then I just realized that the term essentially meant nothing in the contexts in which it was being used.

EDIT: Unless that was a fakepost or whatever.

My impression was that it's a genre that came out of the Chicago house scene, mixed with soul and whatnot, and sticks to like 120ish bpm and doesn't focus on drops but instead longer more consistent tracks. But maybe that's wrong, but that's what a kid I talked to at my radio station described it as.

Some people though, say poo poo like Flume is deep house, which confused me cuz that wasn't my impression of it at all. Thanks for the article and post, I'll check it out.

Saucy Slit posted:

A great response that was really helpful and had great tracks

Thanks a lot, this was really helpful. Also these songs are actually amazing.