Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I'm hoping this is the right thread for this, but I'm really starting to get into Glitch-Hop. I discovered it on accident while browsing internet radio stations and really got a kick out of it because it's scratching all the right spots for me – strong hook, elaborate instrumentation, great synths, effects up the wazoo and more. I still know next to nothing about the genre (such as prominent artists etc) but I'm listening to compilations and so far I heard some really cool stuff.

For examples, Subvert by Au5 & Fractal and Polka Dot Bop by Pistol Shrimp is what I've been enjoying the most so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

LeadRobot posted:

Good news for you then, Glitch Mob is releasing a new album in like two days. I know I'm excited. Drink the Sea is one of my all-time favourites. I mean, it wasn't all glitch-hop, but still.

Listening to Drink the Sea right now. Bad Wings and How to be Eaten by a Woman weren't quite my cup of tea but A Dream Within a Dream is much more energetic and pretty cool.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I got a little game called Savant - Ascent during the Steam holiday sale, and the soundtrack is loving amazing. Sure enough, Savant is a really loving good Electronic artist and I like pretty much every track of his. Even if his Bio is goony as gently caress.

Savant's Bio posted:

Hailing from Oslo, Norway SAVANT, known by birth as Aleksander Vinter, was not a name chosen but rather a description. He has Aspergers Syndrome.

I'm currently going through his stuff, and Kali 47 is one of my favorites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWWbMz89QrU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

88h88 posted:

His work is emulating pretty much exactly Skrillex's style and using Kill The Noise's audio repertoire of one preset in that track. In another he's made a Deamau5 track, there's some Nero in another, a touch of Wolfgang Gartner, a bit of Zedd. It's all really derivative of other artist's works and the sad thing is he chose to copy styles of huge producers rather than the amazing little bedroom ones that are doing some really nice different stuff.

This is the best I've found of his on youtube and even this is arguably Empire of the Sun/Miami Horror/Breakbot/Daft Punk/DatA mashed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frUrcP70ckQ

Aw, that does sound pretty lame. I've never really meddled in this genre before so I only know like a few artists by name and have heard to even less, so it all sounds new to me.