Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Martin Solveig and Dragonette - Hello (Dada Life Remix)

http://dancesauce.com/?p=349

I can't stop playing this remix right now, plus I love her voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

alpiger posted:

Seriously loving lol at dudes in this thread who have listened to house for all of 6 months getting all haughty about mainstream house when the poo poo you guys listen to is barely a half-step below in terms of mainstream acceptance/disposability and barely a half-step above in terms of quality

Seriously loving lol at the dudes in this thread who are too loving pretentious to let anyone into their elitist club.

The bottom line is music is meant to be enjoyed, stop taking it, and yourself, too seriously.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Anyone in the NYC area should definitely check out the Busy P set tomorrow night at Hiro Ball Room.

I just got an email hinting at a big surprise guest appearance at the show tomorrow night... It mentioned "2 French Guys" but they didn't name who.

Off the top of my head the only 2 French Guys I know are Justice or Daft Punk. My money is on Justice being that they are on Ed Banger Records. But Daft Punk also did that surprise appearance at the last Phoenix show at MSG, so who knows...

Here is a link to the blogpost:

http://dancesauce.com/2010/10/busy-...unk-or-justice/

Any goons going to be there tomorrow night? let me know.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

zerojake posted:

it doesnt necessarily say theyre a duo, could be any two ed banger artists to be fair. still, seeing busy p sebastiAn and mr. oizo would not be a waste of a night either.

Touche, I just assumed "duo" when I read it. But for the 5 dollar entry I would be excited to see anyone.

Plus, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I didn't show up and it turned out to be Justice or Daft Punk. I was offered tickets to the Phoenix show and I declined since I had already seen them twice, terrible decision.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Mr Viper posted:

First HARD announces a special guest and everyone thinks it's gonna be daft punk. Now this Busy P show is advertising 2 *french* special guest, which of course everyone thinks is gonna be daft punk. I really can't wait for promoters to stop thinking they're clever and intriguing by hinting that DP is gonna be playing their dumpy little events.

Don't rain on my parade! I can still hold out hope.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Mr Viper posted:

First HARD announces a special guest and everyone thinks it's gonna be daft punk. Now this Busy P show is advertising 2 *french* special guest, which of course everyone thinks is gonna be daft punk. I really can't wait for promoters to stop thinking they're clever and intriguing by hinting that DP is gonna be playing their dumpy little events.

You were right, in my sugar coated fantasyland I was hoping it would have been Daft Punk or Justice, but as it turns out it was loving A-Trak and Chromeo, so apparantly "french" and "french Canadian" are the same thing.

The show as great regardless, but I still felt ripped off at the end of the night.

Whoever promoted that poo poo can suck my dick.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Threatis posted:

unh, "French" and "French Canadian" are the same thing, as french canadians are french.

Thats like saying I am Italian because I am an Italian American. It depends whether you are referencing cultural heritage or geographic location.

Either way it was a dirty trick.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

sonicice posted:

Whenever I see a large amount of new posts in this thread, I know somebody posted about deadmau5.

same here, can we get back on topic and start posting music?

Designer Drugs - Through the Prism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQqPx9HwzCA

Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand (Fare Soldi Remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bThnYvo3smo

By far my favorite remix of this song, Fare Soldi rock.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Also, is anyone going to Webster Hall on Friday to see Crookers/Jack Beats?

Last time I was there for the Beetroots back in October the crowd was pretty lovely but Crookers were great the last time I saw them, so I am torn.

I am considering braving Webster one more time before I confirm that I am actually to old to set foot in that place.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

alpiger posted:

This post is pretty much the embodiment of the kind of attitude that is ruining electronic dance music. The whole "DJ as rock star" thing is really gross to me. A DJ who "just stands behind the table and spins" is doing what a DJ is supposed to do because you aren't supposed to spend all night stood there staring at the DJ. It's a party not loving Eric Clapton or whatever.

I dont see anyone complaining about The Chemical Brothers or Daft Punk for having incredible stage shows. I have been into the scene for awhile now and while I do not like deadmau5 and I would never pay to see him because I think it is contrived horseshit, I can appreciate what he is doing for EDM.

He is popular because he is accessible, because its fun, and at the end of the day that is what music, and EDM are about. Some of these kids first introduction to it is through him because he has a stage presence and that stupid loving mau5head. But then some of them start listening to the "not so mainstream" stuff and fall in love with it and I don't think thats a problem.

The first rap I heard was poo poo on the radio, but had I not heard that I would never have gotten into Talib Kweli and Mos Def etc.

People need to start somewhere, and hes not a bad start.

Hate on him for his music being drivel, for him being a prick, but I don't see what a bunch of flashy lasers and entertaining the crowd has to do with ruining EDM... thats what EDM is about, entertainment.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

melee beats posted:

The Gimmick Electro Megathread

PYF Top 40 Remix with generic house beat megathread.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Stuntastic posted:

Not sure about next week yet but this friday there's some party in Brooklyn that my friends are throwing and Major Lazer/Miike Snow/DJ Mehdi on saturday

If you are talking about the Passion Faction party it got moved to the 12th, if there is another warehouse party going down this Friday PM me.

If you are interested in info for the 12th PM me also.

Is anyone seeing Designer Drugs, Mustard Pimp and Viking at Webster tomorrow night? I'll be doing press coverage.

Nagget fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 3, 2011

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

incoherent posted:

Saw them last Friday. Mustard pimps set was kind of flat. Surprised with the amount of dubstep Designer Drugs dropped. Last time I saw Designer Drugs they had an exceptional set...but they did follow kissy sells out (which if he shows up GO SEE) so I may of have had a more flattering memory of them.

Ah poo poo, I was really looking forward to Mustard Pimps set. Last time I saw DD I was ungodly hosed up so I thought they were awesome.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Vernacular posted:

That Beach Boutique thing with Fatboy and Buraka looks dope but the rest of the lineup is yawn city

It still 7 months away and there will likely be some more names added to the list.

Not to mention A-Trak and Laidback Luke are incredibly talented technical DJs, so I don't really agree with the "yawn city"

Also keep in mind that the crowd that Skrillex attracts is way too pale to go on a Caribbean cruise.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Threatis posted:

If you can't see how hysterical the whole idea of blogboat is I really don't know what to tell you

This may have been asked before, but I see you naysaying nearly every artist and event posted in this thread; so I'm curious about what you listen to. I'd like to hear what "good" EDM is so I can see if my virgin ears can tell the difference.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Stuntastic posted:

You must listen to the recordings of the sloshing noises produced as the sweat of 13 prepubescent Jamaican and Trinidadian children comingles with the blood of Sonny Moore and David Guetta, drawn by the teeth of Ghislain Poirer and Douster, and laps gently at the edges of the bucket Wesley Pence cradles in his arms as he ascends to his rightful throne at the top of the Blue Mountains where he will be tended to and cared for for all eternity by his right hand man, the ghost of Lee Scratch Perry.

That didn't answer my question but was so eloquently put that I cannot possibly rebut, but I have interviewed Sonny Moore and I think he's a total twat and the few times I've interacted with Guetta he's always just absolutely wreaked of talentless douche. I am however curious as to what Threatis considers "good" electronic music.

It's getting to the point where it seems like everyone here hates a DJ/Producer simply because they are popular? Afrojack sucks? Laidback Luke sucks? A-Trak does the same thing over and over? According to some of the posters in this thread I have only scratched the surface of "good" EDM and I am looking for some suggestions. This isn't an attack -- this is a request.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Threatis posted:

yeah basically this.

i dont hate the music at all, but the scene that has popped up around it has ruined alot of it for me. this poo poo belongs in the basement of some bar or in a persons back yard not on a loving cruise ship.

It's definitely a double-edged sword, I am relatively new to the scene -- 2 years ago I decided to go to Electric Zoo in NYC and I was completely hooked. Last year I noticed that the people I was encountering when I was going to shows was taking a serious turn for the worse, and I am really worried that Electric Zoo this year is going to be full of the worst type of fans.

As the scene gains popularity a lot of the guys I'm fans of are making boatloads of money, thats cool, it also means there are a lot more emerging acts that have huge amounts of a talent that wouldn't have existed a few years ago. The problem is that with all this popularity comes the sort of douchebaggery that ruins many of the events for me.

Ideally the bubble will burst, like it did in the 90s, and the people who are left attending shows are the ones who actually appreciate the music.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Is anyone going to be at ZEDD at Webster Hall tomorrow? I am going to be doing press coverage and was wondering if any goons might be in attendance.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Stuntastic posted:

Gotta say this sounds like a really poor effort on their part. I'll withhold judgement on it as a whole until I hear it live somewhere with a little more energy, but I won't be listening to on my own...

I saw A-Trak drop it at Coachella and it is incredible live... its just so raw and visceral... it makes you want to rape someone.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Stuntastic posted:

Lmao this ferry to electric zoo might as well be named the HMS Douchelord

Electric Zoo couldn't even hold a candle to the douchebaggery that occurred at ID Festival at Jones Beach. The crowd this weekend didn't make my skin crawl as much as usual.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

James Blake trashes dubstep's "frat-boy" aesthetic and the producers who are creating it:

http://pitchfork.com/news/44141-ech...er-james-blake/

He didn't mention anyone by name, but Kill the Noise took it extremely personally and vented via Twitter:

killthenoise:
i'd love to go nose to nose with james blake about that pitchfork article, what a load of bullshit

killthenoise:
i love how people try to own a loving genre, this is 2012 you can stick your genre up your rear end. they don't exist anymore my man.

killthenoise:
everyone is entitled to their own opinion. but why do established artists feel its necessary to beat down other peoples art?

killthenoise:
anyway, love the dudes music, just kinda redic comment, maybe it was taken outta context who knows

then Dillon Francis got involved:

DILLONFRANCIS:
i put my entire DICK in my music #testosteronestep

Then Porter Robinson did too:

PorterRobinson:
@killthenoise the real pissing contest is amongst eye-rolling elitist hipsters. nice pitchfork masturbation session!

PorterRobinson:
@killthenoise i'm reminded of my old tweet: "this just in: dubstep founding fathers throw collective tantrum about their genre becoming fun"

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

Caught Feed Me, Excision, Tommy Lee, and Deadmau5 at HoB last night. Great performances by all, but far and away the worst crowd I've ever seen at a show.

I had the displeasure of covering all 6 of Deadmau5's shows at Roseland Ballroom and the crowd was absolutely pathetic. Tons of tweens dressed in neon taking way too much MDMA, throwing up in garbage cans, passing out left and right. Every time I'm at a show like that (ID Festival comes to mind) I really think that EDM has reached its peak and it is going to come crashing down on itself in a great big ball of neon fire.

I felt like I was at Warped Tour circa 1999.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

This is on Skrillex's new EP. And it shows that Skrillex could probably be a kick-rear end ElectroHouse artist if he stopped making his particular brand of dubstep.

I loving LOVE this track although I think much of what I enjoy is Wolfgang's contribution. He may be one of the dorkiest, most awkward guys I have ever met, but GOD drat is he an incredible electrohouse producer. His stuff is so sonically impressive.

As far as Skrillex goes The Bangarang EP actually has a few stand out tracks, 'Summit' is awesome (although I prefer Krewella's vocals when it was called 'Breathe') and 'Bangarang' is undeniably infectious.

gently caress him for what he did with The Doors tho, leave that legacy alone.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Fred Falke remixed Nero's "Reaching Out" It's like everything he touches turns to gold. I loved the original, but this is such an improvement.

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/201...ed-falke-remix/

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Paris Hilton is trying to break into EDM

Sign my petition, tweet it, share it -- I doubt it will have any affect on anything but if it gets any support from a big name DJ -- this could snowball into something huge. Otherwise its good for a chuckle.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...ilton-from-edm/

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Mike_V posted:

Her album will honestly probably be better than 50% of the stuff posted in here so anyone getting high and mighty about this needs to gently caress off.

Rumor is that she is dating Afrojack, so expect it to be standard pitch bended nonsense with over produced vocals.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

Why?

Because I would rather gently caress around and distract myself from the existential horror that is SEO/SEM management to create pointless petitions so I can feel relevant in a world that has turned it's back on me.

Or better yet. Why not?

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Kerk posted:

Seeing them at Webster this Friday, cannot wait!

Anyone else at Club Cheval at le Bain last night? They loving killed it, went back to back for about 5 hours. Totally nuts.

I am going to be interviewing and filming Zeds Dead at Terminal 5 on Friday and while I should be loving stoked I can't help but feel a tinge of jealousy - I need to see Brodinski live. So much awesome talent has been coming through NYC recently its impossible to keep up.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Anyone going to Dada Life at Webster Hall on Friday?

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

The Pyramid and Adventure Club Dubstep Remixes of "Youth" by Foxes are absolutely incredible:

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/201...arious-remixes/

I love her voice, been listening to these on loop all day.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

The Adventure Club remix is literally the same melody as I Can't Stop by Flux Pavilion.

Wow I knew it sounded familiar but I couldn't place it - jesus christ that's blatant.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

I feel like the first track is by far the weakest and then it just gets so loving good from there. Relocation is my new favorite song.

e: Embers is pretty drat amazing too.

Relocation is Strobe 2.0?

I loving LOVE it

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

I've been loving the hell out of this Mat Zo track Bipolar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ_1X4AnycU

Funky big and beautiful.

His Bipolar Mix is unbelievable

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/201...lliant-mashups/

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Leper Residue posted:

I had a whole argument against this but decided against it. Do you have suggestions for those genres? I tried googling Progressive house, and was incredibly bored by the first page. Electro house had some more interesting stuff, but was way too dub step. Is there no in between?

And I never want to hear the word trance again. My ex co-workers killed that genre for me.

You might like Arty's Essential Mix from February 11th - it's 2 hours long so there are some tracks I could live without but in terms of recent Essentials this is top notch. The mix goes from progressive, to electro, to trance, to dubstep and back again.

Arty and Mat Zo collaborated on "Mozart" and they have very similar styles.
http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/55834641/file.html

Also,

Otto Knows - Million Voices is my new guilty pleasure
http://www.dancingastronaut.com/201...million-voices/

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

My friend just put together this track, it is his first production that I think is worthy of sharing - it's not perfect but I think it shows a lot of potential. Can you guys give some constructive criticism on it? He's looking for some feedback.

http://soundcloud.com/triche/malfunktion-original-mix

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Alvin Risk's remix of "We Are Young" is awesome - such a great summer song

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/201...-remix-preview/

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Gucci Vump is Brodinski and Guilliame from The Shoes and god drat are they incredible. I've been obsessed with Brodinski since I heard "Let the Beat Control Your Body" but the new Gucci Vump (G. Vump) collaboration "Feeling" is fantastic - I've been getting really tired of the progressive house, uninspired crap that is being pumped through the scene so it is refreshing to hear some people making actual music.

G.Vump - Feeling
http://www.dancingastronaut.com/201...ng-orginal-mix/

Brodinski - Let the beat control your body
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvTHy6y7V00

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Anyone heading down to WMC this year? Ill be covering a bunch of shows down there, namely No Sugar Added at Nikki Beach.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

Anyone see Madonna? really? I know Avicii is just chasing dollar signs but that was just offensive to the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

I just heard Salon Acapulco's first original track "Astronauta" and it's been on loop ever since.

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/201...a-original-mix/

I have never heard of these guys before but their mixtape is awesome.