Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The synthwave bug has me pretty bad right now. Aside from Com Truise, Mitch Murder, Dance with the Dead, what else can I look into?

e: Oh look, there was a synthwave discussion on this very page and I didn't bother to scroll up.

Synthwave is absolute 80s cheese to me and I love it even if it can get repetitive. I still like it more than dubstep

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Nordick posted:

Perturbator's last two or three albums are really solid. Dangerous Days was what originally sold the whole synthwave thing to me.
Dan Terminus is pretty good.
Lost Years for something a bit more chill and very quintessentially 80s sounding.

It's an endless rabbit hole, really. Just dig around in the NewRetroWave channel on Youtube, there's more stuff there than you can ever hope to listen to. :v:

aweeesome thanks <3

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

What subgenre of electronic would you guys put Solar Fields, H.U.V.A. Network into?

Recently re-discovered these guys (obviously found Solar Fields right after Mirror's Edge dropped a few years back) and I really like this glitchy, ambient, almost droning style of electronic. Would love to find more along these lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J8iw0AmegI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF7POnIF0Rk