Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Lowness 72 posted:

Is there any place I can download some Danger?

The Hype Machine is always a good source, but you'll have to search for specific song names since Danger is such a common word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

sonicice posted:

Personally I think your opinions are poo poo so maybe you should keep them to yourself. See how that works? Your elitist attitude constantly makes this thread, and the last thread complete garbage to read most of the time. Not everybody has the same musical tastes as you, and you shouldn't expect them to or try to force it down their throat. BUT IM A DJ AND PEOPLE COME UP TO ME AT CLUBS HEH

*drops a shitload of names*

No seriously, Threatis knows what he's talking about. Any hate in this thread is misplaced anyway, if you ask me, since you should all be hopped up on love drugs. That being said, I'm going to post a bunch of progressive (blogressive?) house to spite him.

Stimming - Melodica http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlxbwpPZfPY
This is brand new stuff. Good for relaxing by yourself like a villain :)

Adam K and Soha - In the Music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jfMsxhHquM
These guys get quite a bit of play around Toronto. Way underrated here, though, since its their home town. You've probably heard their flagship songs Twilight, or Need To Feel Loved. This is their take on a house classic (imo) by Deep Swing.

Pryda - Melo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXS73NDYapg
Eric Prydz catches a lot of poo poo for sounding like a lot of other played out trance, but his Pryda side project is nothing short of genius (imo) by deep swing. You've probably heard Pjanoo, but this song blows the pants off of that poo poo any day if you ask me.

JPL - We're on the Moon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amfoZYRsuhY
Stumbled upon this through an internet radio station and it's criminal that this song has under 1000 views on youtube. 8 minutes of feelgood beats and a wall of sound.

Moderat - Rusty Nails http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoxUiqUpkw4
A little dubsteppy, and a little too introspective for this thread, but its drat good song either way. Great sounding melody on the chorus, and a cool video that you should check out even if you're not a fan of the music.

Gui Boratto - No Turning Back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe18N8U87YU
Another feelgood proghouse track. I'm sure you've heard It's a Beautiful Life, and, again, this blows the pants off of that played-out nonsense.

Justin Timberwolf fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jan 15, 2010

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Lakitu7 posted:

Agreed totally. The spread of music in this thread is just too wide. People click links expecting one sound and find something very different. It's a lot more fun when we have smaller threads with more narrow genres that let people find things to their taste than this smashing of everyone together.

I'm going to respectfully disagree here. The constant mashing together of sounds is appropriate for discussion of the electronic/dance music scene, and if we had a bunch of narrow genre'd threads, they would flood nmd and then die from underpopulation. Plus we would never have these entertaining arguments. There should probably be an electro-pop thread though.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Threatis posted:

tell that to the dudes going "Someone (c)rapped on my BlogHouse!" in this thread.

Haters gonna hate, dude. *listens to a shitload of deadmau5*

Regression posted:

Perhaps (though you make it sound so bad! ;) ), but the thing is that I used to be so allergic to electronic music of all sorts. Oh, well, I guess we all change over time.

(By the way, a lot of psychedelic rock wasn't really made to be enjoyable - it was very unpolished.)

Haha wait until you try mdma.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

incoherent posted:

Where can i get a getto boys sweater?

ahah Matt & Kim out of loving nowhere.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
What DAW do you use trill rear end?

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Mr Viper posted:

Funny you mention them -- Steve Angello is playing here next week, and I was considering going to the show, but I'm not really familiar with his "beats". Got any good song / mix recommendation of his?

edit: currently listening to Eric Prydz' Jan 1 2010 Essential Mix, it's loving stunning

I saw Angello on Saturday and he loving tore the place up. He played One More Time/Lady back to back and I was loving cracking up, but he managed to pull it off somehow. He also stops the music a lot to talk to the crowd, and he's half deaf so the stage monitors are loving LOUD, but every DJ has his quirks I suppose. If you're enjoying the Eric Prydz mix, I highly recommend it. Lots of energy and great taste. Swedish house mafia ownz.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Djarum posted:

It is a bunch of random people who do it "for Kanye". He is involved basically in name only.

That's actually why I'd think it's real, though. I'm pretty sure people just pay to have poo poo advertised on Kanye's blog.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Man vs Child posted:

After some downtime I've done a mix on babby's first cdj's!

curbcheckkk - Got Better

I'm getting a corrupted file error.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

trill rear end posted:

YALL~~~

I am cookin up some craaaazzzzy dubstep with a dnb master!!!!

should have a sample up in a lil bit.

^^^EDIT^^^

In a word: SAVAGE

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

LE0N posted:

This song is so good live, its hard to find a video of it on youtube though because it isnt on any of their albums...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B8qbp5P11o
Pretty good quality.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
This one's for you threatis

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Firaga posted:

Awwww shiiitt. Calvin Harris, Laidback Luke, and FAKE BLOOD march 20th. :dance::hellyeah::dance:
Oh man I'm probably not going to survive that night. There are other awesome djs there too like boy 8-bit and nero but those 3 are the reason I'm there.
Anyone in Toronto or around that doesn't know about the show its Digital Future at the sound academy.
It's going to be a wicked night
The weekend after I'm going to a DnB party with Andy C and Ed Rush, then the week after that Armin Van Buuren comes for the 10th anniversary of A State Of Trance. I have no idea how I'm going to survive march.

I'm starting a new job and it's going to be REALLY hard to balance between work and play this month. Luckily for me sundays are always off :dance:
<3 Toronto

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Firaga posted:

I also saw Adam K on Friday, what a crazy set.

So pissed that I missed this. Thought it was in may for some reason.

I went to Paul Oakenfold on Saturday and he was a MASSIVE disappointment. 2 hour set, the first hour of which was a snore-fest. Crowd was poo poo too.

Once Manzone and Stong came on though, the night picked up tenfold. Those guys are so versatile and SO underrated.

edit: they also play my favorite song atm, quadrillion remix by moguai. The drop at about 3:30 is a total floor leveler. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSbPArByEQA

Justin Timberwolf fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 9, 2010

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Firaga posted:

Wow, as much as I love Manzone and Strong, hearing that they destroyed Oakenfold's set is pretty surprising. I didn't end up going because I could barely move after Adam K. I feel better now haha. Mark Falco surprisingly put on a wicked set, he dropped La Samba at the end which was just killer. Adam K DESTROYED the place though. Deko-ze was pretty good but he came on after Adam K and by then everyone was dead. I wish I could get Adam K's set from that night.

Honestly, I would've been much happier if you told me he bombed and had a catastrophic equipment failure. :sigh: I guess I can wait until this summer to see him play in his freakin home town!

Dono posted:

Yup, the song's title speaks for itself. Such hot poo poo right now, and he has a few tracks you can find that I think are much better :)

Hahaha, I think most people in this thread are pretty well versed in Turbo P's material by now :D

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Threatis posted:

A. most acts you see dont do anything live, or they do very little. grow up you drat babies.

B. the chip tune community is filled with manchildren who want their music to sound like a metroid boss level and cant ever understand that the melody they created [i]might possibly be stumbled on by someone else completely independent from them. grow up you drat babies.

C. chiptunes suck and they're the reason that Deadmau5 exist. grow drat babies.

D. grow up you drat babies.

I love crystal castles and I'll support any act from my city regardless, but your comments are literally the first positive thing I've heard about their live show.

Firaga posted:

Awwwww yeahhh I've been waiting for this for a long time. It's going to be one hell of a night.

Getting VIP hookups somehow! I'm so pumped for this. Check out Nasty Nav if you get an opportunity. He's a great local act and if I remember correctly he owns wrongbar in the west end.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Threatis posted:

hahaha you from toronto or mtl?

Toronto !!

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
Well if you namesearch threatis with the keyword deadmau5 you get literally three pages of hits, so I guess it's pretty clear who mau5y's biggest fan is around these parts :D

Anyway, I've met deadmau5 a few times and he's been the nicest celebrity I've had a chance to encounter so take of that what you will. oops, looks like I pulled a threatis *carefully picks name back up off the ground*

Just joshin though. opinions are like butts and all that.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

melee beats posted:

I met rukes IRL
was he a douche though

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Mr Viper posted:

It puts me to loving sleep, to be quite honest; I don’t really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to loving tears and hopefully, with all due respect to the DJ type that will loving go the way of the dinosaur, I'd like them to dis-a-loving-pear! It's so middle man, they’re like loving lawyers! You need them, but they’re loving cunts. God bless them, they’re my number one customer right, so I’m not gonna go dis every loving DJ. But to say you become this massive, "up on a podium" performer by playing other peoples productions, at the same speed as someone else's productions and fading between the two of them, I don’t get it...

before anyone gets all faggy, this is a quote from deadmau5 that earned him a lot of hate on the scene.

Threatis: we get it, JOEL ZIMMERMAN burned you at a party one time, and your butt hasn't really stopped hurting since.

It's just music, guys. Get over it. Deadmau5 really should have been a bannable phrase in this thread, as it was proposed in the OP. All the conversation ever boils down to is 'RARRR I HATE DEADMAU5 HE STINKS AND IS GAY IRL!' vs 'I like deadmau5 he makes dance songs that I dance to'

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Firaga posted:

Awwwww yeahhh I've been waiting for this for a long time. It's going to be one hell of a night.

sooooooo.... how about Calvin Harris trainwrecking four times? Poor guy. I think it was a technical issue though and not really his fault... or his laptop may have crashed, I dunno.

The rest of the show was unbelievable though. Fake Blood, Laidback Luke and Boy 8-bit were predictably great, but Annie Mac loving blew me away. She really got the party going toward the beginning of the night. Song of the night imo, and gotta repost this incase anyone has been living under a rock and hasn't heard this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWM5D3MwSgA

edit: I've really been digging Deru's new release too. Not sure how this thread feels about 'IDM' but whatever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-713wK_U6C8

Justin Timberwolf fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 21, 2010

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Firaga posted:

I was the guy with the green/orange glowsticks destroying the dancefloor. I think I was the only one with glowsticks there, I was dancing haard all night, usually near the back. My gf is a tiny 5,0 blonde girl. I'm sure you saw us at one point :)

Haha if you threw your green glowstick at one point, it flew directly into my hands. I was generally by the left bar, or by the right side of the stage. And yeah, now that I think of it Fake Blood was a little boring, but I love his songs so much and never get to hear them when I go out.

I think I'm going to skip decadence this year, though. The David Guetta crowd combined with the fact that I have exams to write are not making it look too appealing right now. Plus, you just know that Guv is going to overfill the poo poo out the place.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

320kbps <3

edit: fyi the yousendit zip file is corrupted. Might want to pass that along. I'm checking the one on sendspace now.

Justin Timberwolf fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 25, 2010

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
all that effort... just to look like a hella dork

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

etard knievel posted:

If a producer actually has 10+ minutes of interesting build to occupy all that space, they should go for it. I'm not saying there aren't people releasing 13-minute-long epic ambient drones like Murcof, Monolake, Vladislav Delay, and Moritz von Oswald or just completely boring non-ambient snoozefests like Ricardo Villalobos and the aformentioned Sasha.

Yeah I never got the Villalobos hype. He's supposed to 'push the boundaries of EDM' and all that nonsense but it just came off as really boring to me. And I have a lot of patience as a listener, I like to think. I mean I can listen to Together's So much love to give all the way through and not bat an eyelash but Alcahofa is such a snorefest imo

for anyone who's up for the torture... I actually kinda like this song :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGEOYmMe-aI

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
you guys are harshin my buuuuzzzzz right now

Anything posted on the internet is just asking for it to be torn apart. Criticism can be a good thing, though. I have a sneaking suspicion that Threatis just doesn't like that mix because it features a certain deceased rodent :) I know very little about mixing like a pro so I'll reserve comment for now.

quote:

Two Technics 1200's, Two Pioneer CDJ 800's, and a Pioneer DJM-600. I use CoolEdit to make any final adjustments to the mix (leveling and such) and save it to MP3 to be uploaded to my website, http://bpm.org

I wish I knew how to use Abletron, but ... I probably wouldn't even know where to begin with it.
Ableton is supposed to be the most intuitive and fun to use DAW around. I just use it to dick around and I have a blast just figuring new poo poo out. Give the trial a shot on the Ableton website. There are a lot of great resources on the internet too. I can upload a really great intro-to-ableton-DJing tutorial if you want. It's really ridiculously easy once you know what to do.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
New album leaked this morning by the way. It's goooood

edit: deadmau5's new setup looks amazing.

props to Rukes obviously.

Toronto ownz :canada:

Justin Timberwolf fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 18, 2010

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
how was coachella rukes? Did you get a chance to catch any other acts?

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
die antwoord loving owns forever

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Man vs Child posted:

a 4gb .wav will be provided from the soundboard. Then i'll make the .flac's and the mp3's at 320, v0, v2, 192 as well as a low bandwidth 32 kbps.

what, no ogg vorbis? pffff

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

LE0N posted:

Didnt know Boy 8 bit had a bbc essential mix last week, gonna have to give that a listen pronto.

for interested parties: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00s9xkd/BBC_Radio_1s_Essential_Mix_Boy_8_Bit/

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
My summer is lacking a jammin synth-pop album. Suggestions?

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

incoherent posted:

Grums new album. Get it. love it.

Had it since it leaked. I'm a little 'meh' about it.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

ManoliIsFat posted:

portamento aka glide (where it slides between two notes) or pitch bend (that little knob on the left of a keyboard he's just pushing up and down).

Well, yeah. But I'm pretty sure he meant it to sound like those old theater projectors that would sometimes slip off frame and gently caress up the sound.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Hammsturabi posted:

Or a warped VHS or audio cassette.

Yeah, it's a VHS thing for sure.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
have you guys ever considered that maybe the bros.... are u?

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
I heard they couldn't get the proper licensing from the city so they're shutting it down at 2am

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
My friend sent this to me earlier today and I've been playing it non-stop since. Thought you guys might like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt-kAnuO4qs

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
Someone post some bangers, please! I'm running out of new material to impress my friends with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
Why don't you guys just make a deadmau5 thread if you're all gonna freak out whenever he does anything?