Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Man vs Child posted:

Enough of Fear of Tigers though, here are some tracks in particular that I think you all might enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t02Rt-qcYOo Fake Blood - Mars (Hervé re-edit)

Just wanted to say how happy I was to see this song as #1 on your suggestions. I've gotten totally Fake Blood crazy lately, and this is already one of my favorite songs of all time. He's playing a show in LA in march, can't wait to finally see the live show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Threatis posted:

can SOMEONE please explain to me how in 2010, Tiesto is getting headliner over Major Lazer, 2manydj's, La Roux, Little Boots, Fly-Lo, Hot Chip, and Erol Alkan.

like i'll even concede the fact that JOEL ZIMMERMAN in a Styrofoam mouse head should be a full notches higher. gently caress, even the borefest that is Wolfgang should be a few notches up.

I knew the moment I saw your avatar that I'd like you. I completely agree. What a disappointing lineup for electronica fans.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Pie in the Sky posted:

There's a lot of great stuff in this thread, I've found a ton of new artists to keep my eye on.

However, I'm looking for a recommendation. I'm holding a dance party in my room tomorrow night and I've been searching for a great mix to blast for people to to. For reference, I'm looking for something along the lines of Hervé's Ghetto Bass mix (the first hour, not the dubstep hour), but I'm open to other styles as well.

Any suggestions?

Fatboy Slim came out with a mix in early '09 called Dance Bitch that's got a lot of Herve on it. I'd also highly highly recommend Fake Blood's Essential Mix.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Psychedelic posted:

This was played at party I was at once.
Nothing like dancing around having lots and lots of fun and then just as it's about to drop hearing good ol' Pete Tong show up right at the peak of the build up.

>_< I'm listening to Eric Prydz' NYE Essential Mix right now, and the same thing just happened. I love EM's, I listen to em pretty much every day, but god dammit Pete Tong....

edit: Eric Prydz not Erol Alken

Mr Viper fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 22, 2010

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

is that documentary any good? I was thinkin about getting it...

edit not really "documentary", I heard it was like a spinal tap sort of mockumentary

Mr Viper fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 22, 2010

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Firaga posted:

Love this set so much. I'm a huge fake blood fan, I'd pay a lot of money to see him.

oh my godddd, I can't wait for this:

Hard 13 - Fake Blood, Jack Beats, Boy 8-Bit, Destructo

You know I'll be there. Bought my tickets the day they went on sale. Ever since I first came across that Essential Mix (randomly, btw, never heard of him before), I've been hooked.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Why does Miami have to be all the way on the other side of the goddamn country it's just not fair.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Threatis posted:

man, i can only count like, 5, 6 tops acts there i'd ever wanna see

quote:

Friday, March 26
TIËSTO, SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA, ERIC PRYDZ, PASSION PIT, THE CRYSTAL METHOD LIVE, THE DISCO BISCUITS, CARL COX, DIRTY SOUTH, WILL.I.AM, RABBIT IN THE MOON, INFECTED MUSHROOM, PLUMP DJS, FELIX DA HOUSECAT, PRETTY LIGHTS, ADAM FREELAND, GREEN VELVET, ALEX METRIC, LOTUS, UBERZONE VS. BASSBIN TWINS, DAN BLACK, EVIL NINE, KEVENS and AFROBETA

Saturday, March 27
DEADMAU5, GROOVE ARMADA LIVE, CARL COX, FAITHLESS SOUND SYSTEM LIVE, ARMIN VAN BUUREN, ABOVE & BEYOND, CROOKERS, BLOODY BEETROOTS LIVE, GHOSTLAND OBSERVATORY, MAJOR LAZER, BASSNECTAR, STEVE AOKI, ATB, GLITCH MOB, DIPLO, LTJ BUKEM, A-TRAK, RUSKO, BANGA, SKREAM, CASPA, and TODDLA T.

Dude, there are so many classic artists (Eric Prydz, Carl Cox, Infected Mushroom, Rabbit in the Moon, Crystal Method) mixed with so many great current artists (Major Lazer, A-Track, Crookers, Deadmau5) that I wouldn't stop being entertained. poo poo, I'd pay that much just for Carl Cox and Eric Prydz alone.

edit: Diplo's the poo poo, even when I saw him play an entire set with Lil Jon screamin "YEAYUH" "WHHHHHAT" "OHKAY" the whole drat time

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

etard knievel posted:

Dude, if you're a big Erik Prydz fan then don't miss the Swedish House Mafia - it's him along with Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso and Steve Angello who are probably the best names to make that kind of house for sure

Funny you mention them -- Steve Angello is playing here next week, and I was considering going to the show, but I'm not really familiar with his "beats". Got any good song / mix recommendation of his?

edit: currently listening to Eric Prydz' Jan 1 2010 Essential Mix, it's loving stunning

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Caseman posted:

Christ Almighty will I ever get tired of "WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS!"?

Just found out I can't make Ultra this year due to finances. The trip was going to cost upwards of $600 for tix+hotel alone, and I live in Florida. Sad.

oh my god I know, it's even more annoying cuz this New Years Eve essential mix has Justice on it, and of course they blast that song. Too bad about Ultra, maybe thing's will turn around before the show!

Speaking of which, are any of you guys still into Justice? I loved their music, then I saw them live (twice) and was incredibly disappointed (twice), and now I just really don't care about seeing them live anymore. Plus, their fuckin' french attitude is kind of annoying

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Dono posted:

HARD with Boys Noize in L.A.?

That was it! Unbelievable night, especially because of this

Mr Viper fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 27, 2010

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Molotov Yogurt posted:

pitchfork posted a track from the new a-trak mixtape, the follow up to dirty south dance, which i loved.

http://pitchfork.com/forkcast/13792-loonies-to-blow/

whooooa poo poo them's some fat beats

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

When did this turn into a "dissing people's musical tastes" thread? I think no matter what genre you like, some of you need to listen to a little more minimal techno, maybe it'll calm you down...

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

ManoliIsFat posted:

Stop, just stop, you're spamming up the thread and coming across as a major jackass

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

ManoliIsFat posted:

That was a serious question though, my dude. How many Droid parties have you been to, because if it's none and you like minimal, you have to go out and see the best crew in America.

NONE I'VE BEEN TO NONE NOW PLEASE JUDGE ME BECAUSE YOU'VE PROVEN YOUR OPINION TO BE GOLD

edit: haha just saw this and it applies to my post as well

Slackerish posted:

I need to caps that because I'm stating my point over and over and it's still beyond you: music taste is subjective, you can argue about it all day but your witty forum responses won't make me rethink anything about my music tastes or changing them. Peace.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

ManoliIsFat posted:

I'm sorry, I truly was trying to help with that obvious namedrop. They bring out absolute techno legends and keep it really underground. Acid Circus and Drum Cell are them. They just did the NAMM afterparty. You should check it out. http://www.droidbehavior.com/

So wait, you suddenly dropped your aggro attitude, and you're gonna be nice now?

Alright, whatever. I'll check out your link. Thanks.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

I just stopped reading at "aoki". WOOP WOOP

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Lady Gaga won every Electronica category at The Grammys

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Furnace posted:

loving stop using this term

Um, no? I'll use whatever term I want. What's wrong with an the encompassing word "Electronica"? It's an easy word that describes EDM without getting too category-specific.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

I dunno, I use "Electronica" to describe the genre as a whole. If someone knows what I'm talking about, I'll specify house or trance or dubstep or whatever.

And if it's a category in the Grammys that lumps Crystal Method, Lady Gaga, Pet Shop Boys, and LMFAO (none of which are related musically at all), I think Electronica's the right term...

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

etard knievel posted:

Ladytron - Destroy Everything You Touch (Sasha's Invol2ver Remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TllEFAnaWQE

That's an amazing song. Trippy as gently caress.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Muttonchop posted:

They have the $o$ (featuring Wat Pomp) album, which I've been listening to almost constantly for the last week.

From what I've read, they're technically a joke, but still so so good.

Thanks to the Mad Decent blog, obviously.

Also, anyone into Riva Star?

Riva Starr did the Essential Mix last week, it was pretty good.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

qwako posted:

Ed Bangers 7th Birthday Party in March http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo!/event.php?eid=296746415924&ref=nf

Busy P, SebastiAn, Fake Blood, Riton and a few others

deffo hitting this

I want to check this out but your link is... all wrong

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Seriously though, every time I see anything about Ultra, I feel like crying. The lineup, it's just... every single DJ I love will be there. All of them. Although I imagine if I did go, it'd suck too, cuz I'd constantly have to choose between 3 or 4 of my absolute favorite DJs...

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

I've been listening to a lot of live Eric Prydz lately, and it's actually really good electro. I never took him seriously after that ridiculous "Call On Me" video...

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Lysis posted:

This one's for you threatis

I saw that on his facebook. Jesus Christ that guy is lame. I mean, if it wasn't for the fact he's pretty much the biggest DJ in the world, he'd be a 4channer living in his mom's basement in Toronto.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Avalanche posted:

Id suck a thousand herpes infested dicks for the opportunity and time to go to Ultra. Holy loving shi that lineup is epic.

Anyone here going to Hard 13? Got my ticket for $15. Jack Beats, Boy 8 Bit, Fake Blood, and Destructo! Woooo

Just got 2 VIPs for $60 each on Craigslist Now I gotta sell my normal ticket to pay for them...

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Furnace posted:

gonna see those djs in a room that fits 300 people about a week later for 20 bux woo I love my city!

Club Nokia is a (brand new) smalllll rear end venue, that's one of the best things about this show.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

I Can Make Musics Too

Mr Viper - Techlectro [via soundcloud]

01. Moderat - A New Error
02. Modselektor - Cash
03. Justice - DVNO (LA Riots Remix)
04. The Bloody Beetroots - Warp 1.9 (feat. Steve Aoki)
05. Ferry Corsten - We Belong
06. Deadmau5 - This Noise (Original Mix)
07. Uffie - Robot Oeuf
08. Major Lazer - Keep It Goin' Louder (feat. Nina Sky & Ricky Blaze)
09. Mr Viper - Beautiful Touch
10. DJ Orbith - Videolover (Christopher Just Remix)
11. Rudenko - Everybody
12. Benny Benassi - Rock N' Rave
13. Nadastrom - Ghetto Pass
14. Alex Gopher - Aurora
15. Danger - 4h30
16. Lazy Rich - Funkjet (Jay Robinson & Supabeatz Mix)
17. Deadmau5 - Catbread
18. Eric Prydz - Call On Me
19. Fake Blood - Mars / Fake Blood - Mars (Herve Remix)

Tell me what ya'll think!

Mr Viper fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 7, 2010

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Psychedelic posted:

09. Mr Viper - Beautiful Touch

incoherent posted:

I appreciated the archer drop.
YUPPP

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Yuppp playing it nonstop in my car. The last song on the mix MARS is pretty much my favorite song at the moment, and hearing it after 2 hours of crazy "wobbly" beats (thanks Pete) was so sick.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

qwako posted:

Thats not the last song?

.... Second to last

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

arena posted:

Since you can never have too many electro blogs, I've recently set one up over at http://bangingbeat.blogspot.com/ for posting the likes of Boys Noize/Bloody Beetroots/Owl Vision/Fake Blood/Justice/Crookers/Mustard Pimp etc.

If anyone is interested in updating the blog with tracks that tickle their fancy, shoot me an email and I'll set up an account for you

Checkin dis out. Also, I dont know if you control the programming, but the bottom black bar on the page gets covered by the long dark blue "play all music" bar.

ps thx so much for the R!M!E Mars remix.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Mandy VS Booka Shade?

don't mind if I do...

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

I was in the video for Bounce. I had to dance to "ALL I DO IS PARTY, HA HA HA HAA, BOUNCE LOW, BOUNCE HIGH" for five goddamn hours. Them saying it's their flagship Rap/Techno crossover is just wrong. For what it's worth, Kanye doing "Stronger" was a better hip hop / EDM crossover, and that was done years before.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

arena posted:

Sorry, I've been at work or drunk most of this week. The file host was also down for a bit too. I'll update in the next day or so

Just to say again, your blog rocks, man.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

An0 posted:

byebye beetroots, hello gabber granny: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8550942.stm

This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EICvNdKRnE

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

What are the odds that her grandson's in the corner with serato while she just pushes random buttons? I would hope she's doing the mixing herself...

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

GZA Genius posted:

Fake Blood, Boy 8-bit playing in SF this Friday. Only $15.

http://sanfrancisco.going.com/event...BLOOD_BOY_8-BIT

Haha that's the day before they're playing here in LA! I srsly can't wait to see Fake Blood, and after Jack Beats' essential mix, them too. Saturday is going to be... fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

So Fake Blood and Jack Beats played HARD 13 last night, and as if those 2 artists weren't enough, the "special guest" closing the tiny tiny lounge area sidestage was deadmau5. gently caress yes. What a night.