Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I did all the art with the exception of the big picture of the space station and the crocodile standing in front of an explosion. If the kickstarter fails I will do all the art :)

In honor of this post i did a quick illustration of a space goon about to be murdered by a robot.

fixed the link.

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

djwetmouse posted:

In honor of this post i did a quick illustration of a space goon about to be murdered by a robot.

It's not showing up but
if you just draw 12 more of those we're in business

e: ahahahaha

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 25, 2016

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

So back in 2013 I posted a kickstarter for my friends planned independent fantasy series. Well it's finally finished, so here's the first episode on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwXrfN_-GuE

It's just a shame something else with a character named Ren came out in the meantime. :)

If any of you did end up backing then thanks very much!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I got my start in the Making Comics thread in Creative Convention, and only a few years later I'm launching my third book! This forum has been a huge source of encouragement and advice as I figure out what the hey I'm actually doing.

I've spend the last 8 months of my life preparing this book, and I'm really proud of how it's turned out. Everyone involved worked incredibly long hours to make it the best project they possibly can.

Toronto Comics: Volume 3 is 300 pages of all-new comics starring Hogtown, brought to you by 47 local creators! This 6"x 9" softcover is jammed with 30 B+W stories from experienced indie veterans, as well as talented newcomers being published for the first time. With a foreword by Ryan North (Dinosaur Comics, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl), this is our most ambitious work yet!

From post-apocalyptic Massey Mutant gangs to the unsettled ghosts of the Keg Mansion, from flirty skyscrapers to condo supervillains, this anthology is a love letter to the city of Toronto.

Find out more at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/742428467/toronto-comics-volume-3

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
For the past four or five months, I've been working with SA goon alumni Ampleforth (and his fiancee) on a video show / web series. It's a car show, it's comedy, it's how-to with plenty of mistakes in the process. He's turning his Miata into an Exocet. We've released three episodes, the fourth comes out this week.

He does the writing, he and his lady do everything in front of the camera, and he and I do the behind the scenes stuff. I'm the editor, motion graphics person, do some of the music. I've never collaborated with a team before, in doing an ongoing project like this.
Here's the March episode, (episode 3).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxi3jFMg55Q

They just set up a patreon page.

Here's the latest video we made, to promote that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Fp93791nw

Huge thanks/shoutout to my peoples in the Motion Graphics thread, Film Editing thread, and 3D thread. All your help is greatly appreciated.

sophomorehoffman
Jun 3, 2012

PCB Spring Break 1987!
Hey everyone!

Since September of last year I've been producing my first feature documentary film, and we're currently trying to Kickstart (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/foreveranastronaut/brace-for-impact-the-crashlands-story-feature-doc/) the funds to finish our post-production push.

The film is called Brace for Impact: The Crashlands Story, and it follows the three Coster brothers as they build up an independent video game studio from scratch, all while developing their youngest brother, Sam's, dream game, Crashlands, following his 2013 stage 4b lymphoma diagnosis. You can peep the trailer for the project here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bqfxrVUoPQ

We currently (as of writing) have 8 days remaining and some pretty cool perks, but we're still only sitting at around 35% of our goal raised. We were featured in IndieWire (http://www.indiewire.com/article/br...llness-20160407), TouchArcade (http://toucharcade.com/2016/03/08/brace-for-impact-the-crashlands-story-trailer/), had a little shout out on Polygon (http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/12/11/9880812/crashlands-making-a-game-while-recovering-from-cancer), as well as some minor mentions in other places, and we've been fighting hard for the past few weeks to hit our goal. Any promotion / word-of-mouth on this thing would be GREATLY appreciated.

If you're interested in a more substantial preview of the project, the first 13-minutes of our original cut is also up and online, and that is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMO3k-UH4YQ

For more info, check out the website (http://braceforimpactmovie.com/).

Thanks all!

P.S. (sorry about the links as they currently exist - couldn't get the stupid BBcode to properly link my text)

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
way back in college, some chaps i knew through together a musical about abraham lincoln's sexuality, and now they're trying to get together some scratch for the 2016 Thespis Theater Festival:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gaybraham-lincoln-at-thespis-theatre-festival#/story

quote:

Gaybraham Lincoln is a satirical musical detailing the state affairs and affairs of state surrounding the American civil war. Frustrated by Abraham's lack of sexual interest, Mary Todd Lincoln begins an affair with General Ulysses S. Grant, unaware that president Lincoln has begun his own affair with eccentric and unstable actor John Wilkes Booth. With music satirizing and honoring the songs of the civil war, Gaybraham Lincoln is an irreverent historical farce that poses fundamental questions about sexuality, identity, and equality.

Expanded from an original script by Jared Corwin and songs by Jacob Minter, Gaybraham Lincoln: The Musical was developed under dramaturg and director Gabriella Carr, culminating in a student-run production at Ithaca College in December of 2013. Following the success of the premiere performance, an expanded cast album was developed and recorded with a 15-piece orchestra directed by composer Jacob Minter.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

After my last ignominous failure I launched a second campaign, and this one seems to have been a success so far:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/twofistedfantasy/star-bastards-a-two-fisted-sci-fi-adventure-gamebo/

It's an old-school adventure gamebook set in a futuristic sci-fi setting. Since every character in the game is a horrible jerk it's also darkly funny. I think it's a good continuation from the gamebooks of the 80s and 90s but it fixes a lot of what went wrong with those - there aren't any game-ruining arbitrary decisions, the fights are quick and allow for some strategising, and the the paragraphs are a bit longer and more descriptive.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
I've been co-producing an audiodrama serial anthology podcast for the last five months. We're almost finished presenting our first serial, a steampunk western, and have just wrapped production on our second, a cyberpunk thriller. Reviews and ratings have been generous, and I've had the pleasure of working with a lot of top tier vocal talent from the Chicago theatre and indie film scene.

Go ahead and give it a listen if you're into this sort of thing:

iTunes
Android
Google Play
RSS

If you dig on what we're doing, please consider donating to our Patreon.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Indie comic supporters! Disco Frankenstein is in its last hours of it's Kickstarter campaign. If you can afford to back this project, you have until 1pm (central time) today.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1453793038/disco-frankenstein

quote:

Presenting DISCO FRANKENSTEIN - the evil smashing, sucka trashing, party crashing reincarnated private eye who defends the south side of Chicago against crime, drugs, gangs, evil, monsters and “The Man” (Dr. Cletus Von Frankenstein).

The Plot & Characters

In the first story of the series, Disco and his partner, Suga, will be facing off again the monstrous player, Mr. Clyde. The alter ego of social worker Dr. Earnest Jekyll, Mr. Clyde looks to become king player by consolidating or eliminating the competition and forcing the very girls he saves during the day to work for him at night. Taking on the case, Disco and Suga follow the trail of broken street hustlers to Dr. Jekyll which sets the stage for Disco’s climatic old school throw down with Mr. Clyde at the first annual Players’ Ball. The subplot for this arc will be the introduction of Dr. Frankenstein as he uses some of Clyde’s girls for his experiments.

The Series

Most the problems in Disco’s and Suga’s lives will be a result of “The Man’s” manipulative actions. Mad geneticist and redneck, Cletus Von Frankenstein knows that it is his destiny, his right, to rule the world. All he needs to complete his plan is control of his great great grandfather’s creation. To ensure Disco’s cooperation, he’ll create a mate for him. Working from the shadows and utilizing his knowledge of science and the occult, Frankenstein will employ a number of associates such as Mr. Clyde, WolfMane (disco owner, smuggler and werewolf who has a luxurious perm in both his forms), Prince A’lu Ca’lb (Blacula spelled backwards - resurrected once again, the prince becomes obsessed with the ultra foxy Suga) and others like The Creature of the Chicago River (a bomb designed to poison poor people blows up in Tyree Pettiestone’s face, causing him to fall into the Chicago River near a pile of toxic waste, transforming him into a hideous, lumbering river monster) and The Uptown Mummy (after their grandfather is killed in a robbery, the Fayed brothers take matters into their own hands and resurrect him as a rampaging mummy) to test his theories and gather the materials needed to create the Bride. After Frankenstein uses each monster (Mr. Clyde, WolfMane, the prince & mummy) to help him build the bride, he’ll try to sway Disco to his cause. Examples of some of the other villains and objects Disco will be encountering include The Boogie Knights (three disco themed thieves that ride around on mystic motorcycles and knock off medical supply vans) and the Medusa wig (the actual scalp of Medusa is mistaken as a really funky wig by an aging disco queen, which turns her into a revenge seeking gorgon). Using Frankenstein’s monster in this manner gives us the advantage of using existing mythology and allows me us to create our own.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Hi everyone!

Me and my friend recently completed a sequel to a cartoon we made a few years ago: Duck Commando! Right now we're pushing it, as we tried in the animation thread, to try and get more viewership rather than necessarily money. We want to be able to justify making a third one that can be used as a shoe-in to a potential pilot episode, either as a one-off for YouTube or something a network might actually care to pick up. I'm still new to the whole pitch idea so I'm eager to get working on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFA9fBhIeR8

But wait, there's more. It's all coming together to eventually lead up to a game we'e started designing called "FOWL PLAY", where the green duck gets shot in a murder conspiracy that involves the theft of all the cigarettes in the tri-county area. This is just in its early stages as we work out characters and setting through these mini-cartoons so I'll be interested in any feedback offered. Here's a poster I did last year that's being toyed with as we get it possibly sale-ready on demand.

Cheers!

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
I'm a special education teacher at a project-based charter school in Minnesota.

One of my students, Rowen, is hoping to do a glassblowing apprenticeship for his big senior project. Unfortunately, the costs to too high for the school to cover. He's created a GoFundMe page to try to raise money for his project:

https://www.gofundme.com/rowenglassblowing

Rowen is a very talented and unique young man. As he mentions in his video (so I feel okay mentioning here), he has a reading and writing disability. He is, though, very very gifted at tinkering, building, and working with his hands. This year, he took apart a microwave and built a spot welder out of it. In previous years, he built working 7-foot catapult and made a make-shift blacksmithing forge.

There is a professional glassblowing artist a couple towns over who is willing to take him on, but there are costs involved. I just thought it was such a really cool idea for a project, so I wanted to plug it here. Please consider throwing him a couple bucks so he can learn a skill/trade that could be a lifetime source of creative expression (and income!) for a unique young person who isn't destined for the traditional path.

Thanks goons.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

proctorbot posted:

I'm a special education teacher at a project-based charter school in Minnesota.

One of my students, Rowen, is hoping to do a glassblowing apprenticeship for his big senior project. Unfortunately, the costs to too high for the school to cover. He's created a GoFundMe page to try to raise money for his project:

https://www.gofundme.com/rowenglassblowing

Rowen is a very talented and unique young man. As he mentions in his video (so I feel okay mentioning here), he has a reading and writing disability. He is, though, very very gifted at tinkering, building, and working with his hands. This year, he took apart a microwave and built a spot welder out of it. In previous years, he built working 7-foot catapult and made a make-shift blacksmithing forge.

There is a professional glassblowing artist a couple towns over who is willing to take him on, but there are costs involved. I just thought it was such a really cool idea for a project, so I wanted to plug it here. Please consider throwing him a couple bucks so he can learn a skill/trade that could be a lifetime source of creative expression (and income!) for a unique young person who isn't destined for the traditional path.

Thanks goons.

Threw some bones this way, I like the kid. If he was able to gut a microwave and use the transformer to make an arc welder then surely you need to get this guy on the Tesla bandwagon. I'd love to see him use his (hopefully) newfound glass blowing skills to create some really cool vacuum tubes/globes, fill them with noble gases, and excite the gas wirelessly via a tesla coil (or other HV radio apparatus). Could be a really cool science experiment for a senior in HS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWTHO14dTu4 Click through to 1:30 to see gas tubes being excited wirelessly.

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫

Greetings,

My husband and I develop Grawlix, a CMS specifically for comics. Enough goons complained about WordPress that we felt maybe there's a market for this. We've just released version 1.2 and have an adorable bat mascot designed by this guy.

We've been cramming hardcore on an all new codebase for version 2. Unfortunately, real life has incurred painful expenses. We had wanted to have v2 in beta before promoting Grawlix, but monetary support needs to come sooner. If you like reading comics on the web and wish that their sites worked better on your phone or tablet, you may also consider donating or bothering your friends about Grawlix. The themes we provide are responsive, and we want to add more features to encourage mobile-friendly comics.

Please check out our patreon or redbubble shop!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Ahoy!

I'm running another Kickstarter for my CYOA books which started on these forums. This one's called The Sword of the Bastard Elf and it's off to a pretty good start.

It's mostly a single-player gamebook like Fighting Fantasy but it also includes a RPG system for 4 players and a dungeon master. The thing will be about 600 entries long and be fully illustrated by me.

Anyway please check it out if you have the time and inclination.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:
So I've been working on making a video game. I started a bit ago, but I wanted to hold off on posting till I got a super early demo out. You can download this demo if you want to check things out, it's in a zip folder and you have to pull everything out and run the exe. If that seems unsafe to you, you can just watch the video and check out my patreon. The whole idea about doing this on patreon instead of another funding platform is that I'm putting out content almost every day, mainly streams and dev blogs. Plus with patreon I can have a tight feedback loop, while I wont change everything just because one person doesn't like it, it lets me get an idea of how my game will be received.

So I've been programming in general for about 7 years now. After my last job I got sick of working for companies and figured it was time to make something of my own. I ended up deciding to make a video game because I had a good idea and figured it couldn't be as hard as some of the other things I've worked on. I'm currently not working, although I'm looking for a job, so I've been trying to work on my game everyday for at least 3 hours a day, if not more. You can check out the stream on my Twitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV5h-_tV2HE

First build, .zip file

Patreon

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Hello all!

I am writing a novel about the recent presidential election and have created a website to go along with it. My theory is that plenty of people in the media and within Washington write about politics, but an "outsider" was just elected so now is the time for an "outsider" to write about the election.

I have written 74 pages thus far and continue to write in my free time - which is after my son goes to bed at night. As many goons know, I am good for my word as I ran a budgeting business for 5 years in SA-Mart with few complaints.

I would like to take some time off of work to focus on writing this, hire a web designer to make my website halfway decent in order to get this done and out by the fall.

https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpwatchdog

ProjectTrinity
Oct 12, 2012

Because we get things done.
Greetings, everyone! I'm here with a visual novel for anyone that takes an interest in that medium! (Or at least its music, which I happen to be the composer for as well as producer/writer.) It's on Kickstarter and only needs 10k to be fully funded, with it already 70% towards its goal with 3 weeks to go! If you're interested, I went ahead and left the more technical details below, as well as the link to our Kickstarter page! (Or demo, if you want to skip that and play it (first?))

DEMO

KICKSTARTER HERE

SYNOPSIS

In the world of Xal, you follow a character named "Xjena" who accepts an invite from entrepreneur named Xuna Xaovant to set out and compete with 5 other girls to lay claim to a harem that would leave them financially secure for life. Not everything is fun and games however, as personalities and ambitions clash, the men are lawfully bound to be dutiful to the woman of the house, and only the most profitable and long-standing woman may inherit Xuna's harem, fortune, and legacy. It's up to the player to decide Xjena's personality: Will she risk the fortune to form a stronger bond with her fellow ladies? Will she do whatever it takes to climb up the economic and political ladder? Can she balance the nature of the business with a desire to help the men, or will they merely be pawns to continue that climb? Every little choice adds up, and even the smallest decision from long ago can come back and change the course of an important conversation dramatically. (The demo will feature an abridged, conceptual version of the many ways this could play out long term.) Lastly, yes, this will be touching on some social issues. Despite being in a different universe, they're all still politicians in training.

Full Game Features:

+Full Game Estimated to Have 50+ words
+Demo Estimated to Have 10k+ words
+Animated Backgrounds
+Distinctive Art Direction
+An expansive violin-centric soundtrack with several "instruments" exclusive to the world of Xal will be in the score.
+Voice Acting (How much varies on the final budget)
+Over 5 male romance options, and at least 3 female romance options.
+Multiple ways to go through the main story's dialogue, with many, many conversations impossible to know exist without mixing and matching player choices.
+Main game features 3 'main' endings with various ways each ending can go down, based on player choice (see above).
+At least 2 harder endings that take understanding the game's lore and narrative to figure out how to unlock.
+4 different endings in the demo, depending on your choices. (Coming to Kickstarter January 2017, if nothing hurts the schedule)
+Game doesn't end when romance road is complete and, depending on who you choose, if anyone, alters the plot and relationship dynamics with others.

Thank you all who read up to this point, and have a lovely day!

-TeamPT

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Ahoy!

I'm running another Kickstarter for my CYOA books which started on these forums. This one's called The Sword of the Bastard Elf and it's off to a pretty good start.

It's mostly a single-player gamebook like Fighting Fantasy but it also includes a RPG system for 4 players and a dungeon master. The thing will be about 600 entries long and be fully illustrated by me.

Anyway please check it out if you have the time and inclination.

Your artwork is very high quality. In particular the color choices; they bring something unique to the visuals of what could be tired old sword-and-sorcery imagery. I'm not sure I've seen something like yours before.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Hey folks. I started out in the Making Comics thread a few years ago, and our team's just kept on makin' comics. We're back again with a new anthology called Yonge At Heart, which is 210 pages of gorgeous colour comics, and I hope you'll take a look! We somehow convinced Jeff Lemire to introduce us in a sweet foreword, and I'm pretty pumped about that.

From world-saving TTC controllers to secrets hiding between the shelves at Honest Ed’s, from giant robot battles over overpriced condos to the true heritage moment of the Clown Brothel Riot, this anthology celebrates everything we love about Toronto (and some of the things we don’t).

This is a standalone anthology, so you don't need to have read any of our previous books to enjoy the stories. It's our first book in colour, so it's a great jumping-on point!

Check it out at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/742428467/toronto-comics-yonge-at-heart

P.S: the Great Toronto Clown Brothel Riot was absolutely a real thing.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Hey there!

So I do a webcomic called Ask a Cat, about a cartoon cat gets questions from people and he answers it in a humorous, cat-like fashion. Originally appearing on my blog, It got picked up by GoComics a few months after I started it, running alongside other strips the site has, such as "FoxTrot", "Phoebe and Her Unicorn", and "Calvin and Hobbes".

I've been doing it since 2014 and drew enough comics to fill a book, so I decided to start a Kickstarter campaign to get it printed!

It's a 128-page book collecting the best of the strips from 2014 to 2017. I'm also offering a few goodies, such as stickers, bookmarks, and even original art of the comic (it's traditionally drawn)

I've self-published before, but this is the first time I'm collecting my cat comic in a proper book. Hoping to see where the Kickstarter will go!

You can view the campaign at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1921292905/ask-a-cat-the-book

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 20, 2017

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!
A feature film I co-wrote is looking for $4K on Indiegogo.

If you think that's a little low for a feature film, you'd be right; that's because I've worked with this director many, many times and he knows how to stretch a dollar better than anyone in the entertainment industry. In the below clip, you'll see a lot of stuff we've worked on before, and they've all been much much cheaper than they look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lasebOwGDPo

Why not throw us some dollars to stretch:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-brilliant-monster-film-horror#/

Icon-Cat fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 11, 2017

Walter Kovacs
May 23, 2007
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.
I've launched an Indiegogo to raise $3000 for my proof of concept short "Virgins Never Die", which I am making in the hopes of generating interest for a coming of age slasher feature I have written. The story concerns a young woman trained by her former final girl mother to hunt serial killers in a world where slasher style murders are an epidemic. Frustrated by her repressive lifestyle, the girl embarks on a forbidden relationship, making her the target of a murderer copycatting her mother's legendary nemesis. You can find the page here: https://igg.me/at/vnd/x/538888 Thanks everyone!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Howdy folks! So I wrote a short script back in November for my friend Dave because he wanted to shoot a short film that he hadn't written himself. We've done a lot of work in the meantime on preproduction stuff, and now we have launched a fundraising campaign. We have a pretty high goal money-wise, but we want to make this thing the best it could possibly be. It's an all-or-nothing campaign, which means you'd only be charged if we raise our target goal by the end of the time period (30 days). If heavy metal and blood and guts interests you, or you are simply a patron of the arts, and you'd be interested in throwing some money our way, we'd really appreciate it. We have a lofty mountain to summit, and every little bit will help.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/death-metal-music-horror#/

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Hey! Our sister company's second kickstarter (well third technically, but second big one) has gone live. A tabletop game based on Who Goes There? The novel(la?) that inspired the The Thing.

Not Mondo's game :colbert:.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/certifiablegames/who-goes-there

I can answer any questions you might have hopefully and can walk across the parking lot and ask the Certifiable dudes if needed.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

My buddy is making an awesome comic that I think goons would really like, so I'm sharing the link if anyone is interested in helping him get it started.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/harvard-gardens-volume-one-comic-book-fantasy#/

Harvard Gardens: Volume One, the first volume in a four volume comic, tells the story of Hailey "Lee" Gardens, a young woman who has turned her back on her family and her past. Upon learning of her mother’s death, Lee returns home, hoping to attend the funeral, collect her inheritance, and return to her life; however her plans are thwarted when she is informed that her mother has named her the legal guardian and caregiver of her younger, mentally handicapped brother, Harvard who's disability has left him with the mind of a child. Making matters worse, she forced to contend with her estranged ex-husband, Tom, and Harvard’s devoted caregiver, Clara.

Faced with the challenge of finding the best solution for each of them, Lee concludes that a mental institution is the best option for her brother and despite Tom and Clara’s protests, Lee delivers a confused and scared Harvard to the institution upstate. Rid of her responsibilities, Lee is free to resume her life, that is, until a car accident puts her in the hospital. Once awake, Lee realize she isn’t in the hospital, but instead, trapped within the imaginary world her brother has spent a lifetime creating.

Lee soon discovers that her brother, who has vanished, is the only one who can return Lee to her world. What’s worse; a hoard of dark creatures and an unseen force have begun an attack upon her brother’s world, consuming everything in their path. Forced to accompany Harvard’s closest confidant, the slender gentleman Nigel, a brave and icy captain named Agathon and a mysterious young Empress named Invia in their search for Harvard, Lee must find and save her brother while making unlikely connections and facing some of her darkest secrets she had hoped would stay buried.

----

The story is a dramatic, action packed journey through a bizarre and beautiful world. However, despite being set primarily within Harvard's imaginary world, the story and its main character, Lee, are forced to confront more than just bizarre creatures and monsters. Harvard Gardens addresses real world issues such as childhood abuse and trauma, parental neglect, abandonment, developmental disabilities, LGBT issues and mental health issues. By way of Lee's journey through her brother's imagination, the story examines themes such as the dynamic amongst siblings, the relationships between children and their parents, forgiveness, self sacrifice and ultimately, the inevitable death of innocence all individuals must face.

--

He's a good guy and uber talented, I hope he reaches his goals!

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.
edit edit: contest over, thanks to those who pre-ordered!

Canadian Surf Club fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 12, 2017

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I started out in Creative Convention making short comics, and we've just launched our biggest and best comics anthology on Kickstarter:

Wayward Sisters, An Anthology of Monstrous Women

From mermaids hunted for their meat to a ghastly beauty pageant, Wayward Sisters celebrates lady and non-binary monsters who are indelicate, impolite, and irrepressible. Inside you’ll find tales of undead motivational speakers, vengeance demons compelled to hunt family, and a gentle T. Rex who just wants to be loved.

With a cover by Alise Gluškova (Abe Sapien, Letter 44), we’re excited to bring you fresh comics to sink your teeth into. Wayward Sisters: An Anthology of Monstrous Women is 216 full-colour pages printed at 6.75" x 10.25", featuring 25 new stories about non-binary and lady monsters. Our creators have roots all over the world, and they all identify as women or gender-nonconforming.

Here's just some of the comics in this book:

More details and comic samples are on the Kickstarter page!

Thanks, much appreciated!
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Squidster fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 11, 2017

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!

Looks good, in for a PDF :10bux: :canada:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Squidster posted:

I started out in Creative Convention making short comics, and we've just launched our biggest and best comics anthology on Kickstarter:

Wayward Sisters, An Anthology of Monstrous Women

From mermaids hunted for their meat to a ghastly beauty pageant, Wayward Sisters celebrates lady and non-binary monsters who are indelicate, impolite, and irrepressible. Inside you’ll find tales of undead motivational speakers, vengeance demons compelled to hunt family, and a gentle T. Rex who just wants to be loved.

With a cover by Alise Gluškova (Abe Sapien, Letter 44), we’re excited to bring you fresh comics to sink your teeth into. Wayward Sisters: An Anthology of Monstrous Women is 216 full-colour pages printed at 6.75" x 10.25", featuring 25 new stories about non-binary and lady monsters. Our creators have roots all over the world, and they all identify as women or gender-nonconforming.

Here's just some of the comics in this book:

More details and comic samples are on the Kickstarter page!

Thanks, much appreciated!
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I sponsored this a couple days back (physical book :toot: ) and didn't even know it's a Goonproject, now I am extra excited!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

I sponsored this a couple days back (physical book :toot: ) and didn't even know it's a Goonproject, now I am extra excited!
Awesome, thanks! It's been crazy watching it take off. Our previous project just squeaked in at 20k, and it looks like Wayward Sisters will be our very first real success. We've never been able to offer the artists raises before, and I'm super excited!

I stealth-posted one of the book's comics to the Favorite Comics thread - I really love iguanamouth's work.

Squidster posted:

iguanamouth is really, really good at this whole comics thing.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Hello nice goons. I make videos about British television ephemera. My main project is the acclaimed ongoing series "The Hard Sell" - a comical animated review-type show on British adverts that currently runs fortnightly on Vimeo and YouTube. It's been called "funny" and "thought-provoking" on more than one occasion, by more than two people. I'm also responsible for the documentary series "ITV in the Face" (a comprehensive 16-part history of ITV), "Square Peg" (the tragic story of the dawn of satellite broadcasting) and many more, all available online to watch for free and indexed at my website. Several hours of content that I can only assume is amusing because people are still paying me to make it!

And that's also the point of this post. Because of the ongoing nature of my work, I have a Patreon. As of the start of the year, I'm living pretty much exclusively off it, having been kicked off benefits for not being depressed enough. It just about covers food and rent at the moment, so Iain Duncan Smith would doubtlessly tell me to stop complaining, but still, a few more backers and a bit less stress would be much appreciated.

Patronage will give you access to a back catalogue of Patron-exclusive videos from a year or two in the past - some are short video essays, some are absurdist edits of old continuity, some are just stupid - and for the foreseeable future, on Hard Sell-less Fridays, a chapter from my work in progress about the directors general of the BBC. Find out about John Reith's demented WWI antics! Read about the state of British radio before there was a BBC! And some other stuff later on I expect! (I only just started, get off my back). And get your name in the credits to boot! All for as little as $1 a month. It all helps.

Go to http://bobthefish.org.uk to have a look at my work, and if you like it enough go to http://patreon.com/applemask to support me. Or if you just want to chuck a coin at me as a one-off there's always paypal.me/applemask.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I feel a little bad monopolizing this thread - I've got three different projects on this page alone. BUT HEY I got a new book!

Toronto Comics: Osgoode As Gold

In a city of competitive wizard barristas, nervous werewolves and scoundrel Trash Pandas, you'll find some of the best upcoming comic creators! We're back again with 24 fresh comics from local indie veterans and first-time creators. From the strange giants that prowl Kensington at midnight, the vengeful Pacific Mall dance mafia, or the dragon-hunting wannabes working Queen Street, we've got stories inspired by every part of the city we love.

With a cover by Irma Kniivila (Ms. Marvel, Deadpool) and a foreword from Chip Zdarsky (Jughead, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man), this book is a celebration of the talent and diversity of Toronto’s comics community.

As always, we have a huge pile of talented folks contributing stories - it's a 220 page book in total!

Full details are up at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tocomixpress/toronto-comics-osgoode-as-gold

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hello all. Yesterday I launched a Kickstarter for my first game, Dead in the West. Had a pretty good first day all things considered, 16% funded within 24 hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1367347179/dead-in-the-west-a-tabletop-rpg-set-in-the-mythic?ref=creator_nav

It's a tabletop RPG set in a mythologised Old West setting. There's a heavy emphasis on player/character individuality and engagement - if that sounds like your thing then check it out. Plus added fun og an ugly british man talking like an awkward goober in front of a camera as he grows increasingly less confident.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

So, this is a necro (can a sticky be necro'd?), but a Goon that runs a young women's 'zine just launched a daily planner kickstarter for girls and young women that's really great and is a huge passion project for her: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/missheardmedia/the-2019-girl-powered-planner

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 8, 2018

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Hope it's okay to spruik my own project here, but I've just launched a Kickstarter to fund the printing of a non-traditional tarot deck.

It's already at 38% after one day but I'm really hoping to hit stretchgoals beyond minimum funding, so any extra support will be very welcome :kimchi:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hi everyone, not sure if anyone looks at this thread, but I'm currently running a kickstarter for my graphic novel Garden. It's about a girl who find herself living through a slowly unfolding apocalypse. It's won a couple of awards and gotten some good reviews, so maybe take a look:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1171352004/garden-a-graphic-novel/

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XgOVITzBr8

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

BonoMan posted:

Hey! Our sister company's second kickstarter (well third technically, but second big one) has gone live. A tabletop game based on Who Goes There? The novel(la?) that inspired the The Thing.

Not Mondo's game :colbert:.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/certifiablegames/who-goes-there

I can answer any questions you might have hopefully and can walk across the parking lot and ask the Certifiable dudes if needed.

Just make sure it's different enough from The Thing boardgame. I was a bit disappointed in that but more because my expectations were out of whack.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Alan Smithee posted:

Just make sure it's different enough from The Thing boardgame. I was a bit disappointed in that but more because my expectations were out of whack.

It is pretty considerably different from what I understand (and is already out there and being played).

Also they're about to wrap up their latest kickstarter: D6

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/certifiablegames/d6/

Dear god we/they (I get pulled in during crunch time) produce so much content for these Kickstarters. Just scroll down that campaign page. Goddamn.

Also they get a significant amount of community involvement. They have a pretty decent groupie following and the projects end up with lots of updates and thousands and thousands of comments.

Are there other kickstarters that have really in-depth campaigns and community involvement?

The big million dollar + ones I've pledged have had not super involved communities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
The card based RPG that my friends and I have been working on for a while just launched on Kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rosenbaugh/destination-danger-by-guardian-moon-games?ref=96vm0j&token=7f442efa

Its based in the 1930's and has an Indiana Jones vibe to the characters and scenarios. The gameplay is very free form but can be adapted to dice and any rules you want to add.

Only registered members can see post attachments!