Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I wanted to let people know about something I've spent a large part of the past 3 years helping happen: a startup in Toronto :canada: has been beta testing and is launching the next generation of laser tag.

We're running an indiegogo campaign for Early Access. For only $5 you can play on Dec 16th (next week!) at our beta test facility! Otherwise $35 gets you an early bird advance ticket for a 5 game, 90 minute early access booking for our launch.

We have put hundreds of people through beta testing and are launching a non-beta facility in the new year. The campaign will not only help us manage early access, but will also help us launch better.

We're pretty normal young men and women who have worked very hard to take laser tag out of "twenty years ago" to make something new. If you're in Toronto and think you might even possibly be interested in trying something new and seeing what some people with a vision and access to modern technology like 3D printers can do, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

It's really fun :yayclod:

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oredong FAIL
Jan 5, 2007

love smiles
Hey everyone. I just saw that this thread existed, otherwise I would have posted earlier in the campaign. As it is, there's only six days left – so I'm sorry for such a short notice.

I wanted to let people know that I have six days left on crowdsourcing for my short film, An Opening.

https://vimeo.com/113457241

What's the film about?
Set in New York City’s competitive art world, and using the digital realms of Skype and omnipresent surveillance as backdrops, this is the story of a young fine artist named Ashleigh, whose struggle to attain success as an artist clashes with her moral integrity. When she attends a reception at a famous gallery, she encounters a predator who seems to offer her an out to her loveless long-distance relationship.

Why should you donate?
Because it’s time to celebrate female empowerment by letting women make their own choices – like our character, Ashleigh. She is not dictated by the men in her life, who look at her as a sexual object or conquest rather than as an individual. I think there's a relevant story here, as more and more people rely on the internet to communicate across geographical lines in otherwise intimate relationships. As for how this film might look and feel, think Girls meets David Cronenberg.

For more information, please click here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/817449436/an-opening-a-short-film.

The project is 63% of the way to reaching its goal, and any amount helps!

Thanks everyone!

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I'm in the security industry (We distribute and "manufacture" CCTV security cameras/systems). With the advent of 3D Printing I'm ready to cut China out of my equation as much as possible.

I need some fresh takes on security camera housing designs. I've been in the industry for too long and I think I'm jaded. Also the Chinese haven't sent enough students to western design schools yet, so most of their poo poo is horrible or knocked-off.

Basically, I'm looking to hire someone to design new, professional/sleek/awesome looking security cameras (you can have a shitload of creative freedom, I'm fed up with the state of security cameras right now). There is a very likely chance that at least one of these designs will be produced and sold to our customers using 3D printing as either a prototype or even for the entire production. If you're interested and we use your design I'll send you poo poo (a 3D print, photos of final production, anything you want for whatever you want it for).

I've been teaching myself 3D modelling, so 2D artists are absolutely welcome and even desired. If you are skilled in 3D modeling that's a bonus, not a requirement. I'll accept anything from concept art to cad/engineering drawings to actual 3D models, I'm interested in good design and innovating this industry a little bit. Like every other industry, it's pretty small and people talk. So I'd like to communicate further via e-mail. I'm open to payment and however you'd prefer to be paid, let's talk!

If you're interested please send an e-mail to zach. spradlin@ gmail. com, with a subject line of "SA Security Camera" (exactly the words in the quotes, you're emailing my spam account, and I'm forwarding those subject lines to my current email address). I suppose you should explain a bit about yourself and what compensation you'd like to receive. If you don't have a portfolio or any examples and want to "Spec work" this project I'm open to that too, but understand that if we don't use it we probably won't pay for it.

The two biggest and most popular CCTV companies are currently Hivision and Dahua if you'd like to see what cameras EVERYONE is working with right now.

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

ZeBourgeoisie posted:

My sister and I are trying to follow our dreams of starting a crafts business online. It's a little ambitious, but we hope that it makes something of a splash. We're crafting these adorable little slug-looking things called Sluggies that come in various pastel colors and sizes.

Do you really think that $15.99 is a fair price for those? I mean, not to be unfair, but you're basically just crocheting two balls on top of one another and sticking some buttons on top?

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

RizieN posted:

I'm in the security industry (We distribute and "manufacture" CCTV security cameras/systems). With the advent of 3D Printing I'm ready to cut China out of my equation as much as possible.

I need some fresh takes on security camera housing designs. I've been in the industry for too long and I think I'm jaded. Also the Chinese haven't sent enough students to western design schools yet, so most of their poo poo is horrible or knocked-off.

Basically, I'm looking to hire someone to design new, professional/sleek/awesome looking security cameras (you can have a shitload of creative freedom, I'm fed up with the state of security cameras right now). There is a very likely chance that at least one of these designs will be produced and sold to our customers using 3D printing as either a prototype or even for the entire production. If you're interested and we use your design I'll send you poo poo (a 3D print, photos of final production, anything you want for whatever you want it for).

I've been teaching myself 3D modelling, so 2D artists are absolutely welcome and even desired. If you are skilled in 3D modeling that's a bonus, not a requirement. I'll accept anything from concept art to cad/engineering drawings to actual 3D models, I'm interested in good design and innovating this industry a little bit. Like every other industry, it's pretty small and people talk. So I'd like to communicate further via e-mail. I'm open to payment and however you'd prefer to be paid, let's talk!

If you're interested please send an e-mail to zach. spradlin@ gmail. com, with a subject line of "SA Security Camera" (exactly the words in the quotes, you're emailing my spam account, and I'm forwarding those subject lines to my current email address). I suppose you should explain a bit about yourself and what compensation you'd like to receive. If you don't have a portfolio or any examples and want to "Spec work" this project I'm open to that too, but understand that if we don't use it we probably won't pay for it.

The two biggest and most popular CCTV companies are currently Hivision and Dahua if you'd like to see what cameras EVERYONE is working with right now.

This sounds like a good opportunity, but what you're describing is a job. Payment shouldn't be optional.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

an overdue owl posted:

Do you really think that $15.99 is a fair price for those? I mean, not to be unfair, but you're basically just crocheting two balls on top of one another and sticking some buttons on top?

$16 for a handcrafted item that takes over an hour to make does not seem unreasonable at all.

You can basically just talk down any job by putting basically in front of it, astronauts basically just push some buttons in a cockpit where the real work is done by computers.

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
We've just begun a third Kickstarter for a third short film. Second one is doing quite well at festivals. Just won two awards last night.

Have a look if interested. :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/235558544/alone-with-company

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I am super excited to announce our new book, Toronto Comics: Volume 2!

200 pages of comics set in and about Toronto, from experienced Indy creators and talented newcomers. We're trying to move into the comics industry, and the only way to do that is to tell good stories and sell books!

Whether you're looking for a story about vampires and condos, weird tales of true history, giant robots, or romance at the world's final Nuit Blanche, we've got something for you!

The Making Comics thread here on SA has been really helpful in bringing this book together - there's a lot of talented and supportive folks in there!

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

The Supreme Court posted:

This sounds like a good opportunity, but what you're describing is a job. Payment shouldn't be optional.

Payment isn't optional, rates & method of payment are open to discussion/what the artist prefers. Also I realized this is probably the wrong thread anyway...

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.
Hello all! I just launched a project to fund printing for the first book of my webcomic, The Last Cowboy. It's a science fiction story about three women, an alien planet, and the way their lives revolve around the dark secrets hidden on said planet. I've been working on it for three years so far. You can read everything I've done online for free, but I'm really excited about the campaign and finally having a print version to show. Please take a look and pledge if you're interested!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Some friends and I just launched a project for a short film that we've been writing for the past few months. The script is finished, but we're looking to raise a small amount of money to get a dedicated location to use for the film. This will be the fourth film I've worked on, and the first where we've decided to reach out to the internet for funding assistance. We think we have the opportunity to really create something awesome with this project based on the quality of our script, and any amount helps us out. Please feel free to check out our project, and back us if you like the idea!

julesguise
Apr 22, 2015

I like books and book-related accessories.
I launched a project a week ago and I would like to get more eyes on it. A friend and member of the site said you were all an excellent community that was not afraid to give critique where it is deserved. I need pre-orders to get my book published and I also seek feedback on my sample content. I need honest opinions on the quality of the work, what flows well, what doesn't, as well as impressions of characters and setting.

I only became aware of this community today, so forgive me for posting in this section already. I promise I am not a shill, and I will contribute to the forum as a productive member.

Please check out my sample material, and if you like what you see consider sending a pre-order in my direction.

https://www.inkshares.com/projects/lost-generation

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
An update on my campaign!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW4BMlm6exg

It was a financial and emotional disaster.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 7 years!)

I am running a Kickstarter for a humor comic called Peek!

My last Kickstarter, for Weapon Brown, was a huge hit, due in no small part to SA's mighty goons. I hope a few will turn out for this new book as well!

Peek! is an anthology I plan to publish annually. It features short stories and one-offs geared towards fans of indy comic creators from the likes of Jhonen Vasquez and Evan Dorkin to Phoebe Gloeckner and Adrian Tomine. It's funny, sick and gluten free!

Here's some of my work from Mad magazine, to give you a taste of what's in store for you in Peek!

Also prominently featured will be the return of Clarissa, the Internet's most popular feel-bad comic. If you haven't heard of Clarissa, read a lot of her stuff here.

Now run, don't walk, to my Kickstarter! (No wait… don't run. You may trip. Mince! mince like an English dandy!)

The Harlatan
Sep 10, 2013

For I am a cat, you see.

I'm involved in a production of Evil Dead: The Musical in Western Mass that is struggling to get funded in the final days of our kickstarter and would love some Goon assistance.

The company, Ghost Light Theater, is in their third year, having previously produced The Woman In Black by Stephen Mallatrat and Bug by Tracy Letts, to great response and turnout. Their mission is to bring unusual and challenging pieces of theater to an area that is otherwise sadly inundated with the same old boring musical standards. The hope is to not only produce great shows, but to fill a theatrical niche that is sorely lacking, and maybe even encourage the other groups to up their game and take some more risks.

If you are in, or able to get to, our area for the show, you can purchase advance tickets in the Splatterzone through the Kickstarter. There are also reward levels that give people the chance to get done up as a Deadite and join us onstage. If you want to help us out but do not foresee an October trek to Massachusetts, we also have some swag tiers. Even just spreading the word on your social media would be greatly appreciated. If we don't get funded, the show cannot happen, and a great new company will be really hurting to recover.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/228752536/evil-dead-the-musical-1

At least give the page a look so you can watch the Kickstarter video featuring our Ash and the Deadite takeover of the theater, and for any donation, you can get access to the videos of our director and some of our cast members getting doused in blood for reaching our first milestones.

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
The city is called “Redoubt”... and so far as anyone knows, it is the last. The Lost Citadel is a shared-world horror fantasy edited by C.A. Suleiman. The first project in the world of the Lost Citadel is an anthology of short stories called TALES OF THE LOST CITADEL (now live on Kickstarter; link below), with some of the most acclaimed voices in fantasy and horror fiction signing on, including four Bram Stoker Award-winners and nominees and some of the most recognizable names in fantasy and dark fantasy. And yet, as you'll see, the idea of the Lost Citadel is more ambitious in scope than a single collection of words.
Like in all the best stories, the written word is just the beginning.

Check it out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/casuleiman/tales-of-the-lost-citadel-transmedia-anthology https://www.thelostcitadel.com

This one, this one here, really is up my alley and I hope you guys support it as well--horror *and* fantasy types.

obviously I fucked it fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jun 18, 2015

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
And it's a STAFF PICK! AW YEAH!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

A friend of mine is trying to get her illustration-only storybook published, and so far her promotion has been local-only and response has been a little slow.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/221661573/7-chance-of-sunshine

Aside from a really cute art style for the kind of story she's telling, she's aiming for most of the proceeds from her book's sales to go to our local Make-A-Wish chapter, which for my money is far more noble than most of the other projects from my town, which are mostly steampunk paraphernalia and 3D printed D6s. Art is final, and samples are in the trailer on the Kickstarter page.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Hi everyone!

My wife and I started a youtube series called Reader Vs Reader. Basically, we pick a book, and do a comedy short revolving around ideas in the book. The first few episodes were really rough, and honestly not that great. So we got a friend who went to film school involved recently, and our quality lately has improved quite a bit in my opinion. You can find our channel here.

And this is our most recent episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JYe4kGpWro

Please let us know what you think, we really want to improve, and hopefully get a few laughs here and there!

Jemak
Dec 27, 2003

Go to JAIL.
Go directly to JAIL.
Do not pass GO.
Do not collect :200bux:

Hello everyone!

I want to share a project that I am involved in that I think a lot of board gamers on SA would like to know about :

It is a eurostyle worker-placement boardgame called Darkrock Ventures

We're a few days into our campaign and the response so far has been great. Reviewers are loving the game and we are more than halfway toward our funding goal.

What?: Darkrock Ventures was designed by Michael Eskue, the same designer of Council of Verona (of TableTop Season 3 fame) It is for 2-5 players, Ages 14+, and takes about 30-45 Minutes to play depending on the options used.

Theme: Asteroid Mining in Deep Space while under attack by Alien Space Pirates

Key Elements: Worker Placement & Dice-Manipulation/Luck-Mitigation

Review & How to play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=631&v=LCPkja3fdVs

FREE Preview Print-and-Play: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/119363/darkrock-ventures-free-print-n-play-preview

Is the game finished?: YES! Some graphic design is required depending on the stretch goals achieved, but the game is complete, playable, tested, and approved by dozens of reviewers who loved Darkrock Ventures! You will NOT be stuck waiting months and months after the estimated fulfillment date for this project to arrive. We made significant investments upfront into art and design to ensure that our backers would be pledging for a complete, quality game, long before the campaign began.

OK, how much?: $39 plus shipping (we don't bury/hide our shipping costs, we want our backers to put trust in our transparency.) We also offer affordable customs-friendly shipping worldwide

Can I get a Campaign link?: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magicmeeplegames/darkrock-ventures-asteroid-mining-in-deep-space-bo

Thank you everyone for your time and consideration! If you enjoy euro-style games with a Sci-fi setting, you are going to love Darkrock Ventures. Please consider backing this (partially) Goon-run project if you can. I would help us out a lot! :v:
Feel free to send me a PM if you want more info. :)

Toadpuppy
Apr 8, 2003
Hey everybody, I'm helping write a web series called Captives and we're looking for funding for episode 3:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/captives-season-1#/story

We've already shot all the footage for episode one and most of episode two (we have three scenes left) and then we're down to post production. The premiere of episode one is August 29 and episode 2 will premiere the following week.

Here's our Facebook page if you want to see more about it: https://www.facebook.com/captivesseries

Thanks!

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Greetings nerdlingers, I'm here to plug what is quite possibly the finest piece of literature since Twilight: Breaking dawn. Calm down now, so far it's only available on the Amazon Kindle store, and it's only part one of two. With your support I could continue to whittle this literary mahogany, quit my real job and slide into my true calling as an insane and reclusive author.

What's it about?
Only the most cliche topic in existence!

So it's about zombies?
More or less, yes it is.

Isn't this topic the resort of the intellectually lazy?
Quite possibly, also: go gently caress yourself.

Can you be more specific?
It's an epistolary novel, a style I fell in love with years ago after reading House of Leaves. Immediately after finishing this book I started to come up with own stories that could be delivered in such a way. Finally, I settled on using this narrative method to deliver what I would consider to be a slightly more realistic (I said slightly, and I thought I told you to calm down) version of the massively overdone zombie trope. I wanted to do my own version, where the impossibilities of traditional zombie biology was abandoned in favor of a type of living madness. Instead of being dead, these creatures are alive but permanently brain damaged in a way that destroys most higher brain function. In this world people are aware of the idea of the zombie, many of them die by trying to engage in the type of plans that zombie media usually depicts as successful. Killing with machete's? Now you've got highly infectious blood misting all over you, idiot. I'll go to the gun-store! Great idea, I bet no one else thought of that.

So you copied World War Z
Well, no. Though I have read WWZ I came up with idea years before I was aware of the book's existence. I was also thoroughly annoyed at the magic zombies and ridiculous tactics used throughout.

Anything Else
The books are written from the view of a loose collective, imaginatively referred to as The Collect, of surviving parties that have survived the initial infection and gone on to start reclaiming their lost world. The first part of the book contains logs left by the Daily Party, a group that is believed responsible for an initial spread of the infection after stumbling across it in an abandoned facility. The second part is a collection of logs that were gathered by agents of The Collect, as well as written information given to them upon interviewing survivors.

How many copies should I buy?
Five will do, and you should tell everyone you can. Like it before it was cool, imagine the street cred!

At the moment it's only available as an EBook. This is likely to change as I work on self publishing hard-copy versions which will hopefully do the narrative structure much more favors than the limits of EBook formatting.

http://www.amazon.com/Start-End-World-Primarius-Book-ebook/dp/B011AZCGAK/ref=la_B011HE50IE_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1437887970&sr=1-1

Bushmaori fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 26, 2015

Craftomega
Jan 23, 2015
Fenrir Studios are happy to announce Dark Storm: Ascension to you, and announce that we’ve launched our Kickstarter campaign. If you are interested in supporting us, please pledge here

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1201252455/dark-storm-ascension?ref=nav_search

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVZo94dVwcw

We’ve also provided a free playable companion game called, Dark Storm: VR Missions. This isn’t simply another short demo that you’ve might have seen on other Kickstarter campaigns, but in many ways a standalone project with hours of gameplay.

About Dark Storm: Ascension – The year is 2034, and the world’s supplies of natural resources are nearly gone. With the nations of the world on the brink of a global catastrophe that is bringing us closer to a Third World War, the last hope of civilization is cracking the Dark Matter Formula. If successful, a new, cheap, clean, and unlimited power source will help usher in a new era for mankind. However, there are those that don’t wish for this new power to be discovered, and will do anything to stop the greatest scientific achievement in human history from being found.

Deep in the Alaskan wilderness, the Irving Apex Facility is attacked by a mysterious enemy force. Killing everyone they find, and moving swiftly through the base with the intentions of destroying the massive Hadron Collider deep underground, it is up to Amber Kingsley, a former, and dishonorably discharged Army Special Forces officer to stop them.

Craftomega fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 4, 2015

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS
Any indie comic readers in this thread? You may be interested in The Wonderfunders Anthology.

Wonderfunders is a crowdfunded platform connecting independent artists and writers from all over the world, at all levels of experience. Creators just breaking in get to work with, and receive feedback from, industry veterans. Wonderfunders aims to be an exceptional resource for young talent looking to improve their skills, and see their hard work published in the process. Stories from all genres are accepted. Issue #1 contains everything from Sci-Fi to western.

Two issues of Wonderfunders Anthology vol. 2 have been released so far. They are currently available on IndyPlanet, and can be found here: http://wonderfunders.indyplanet.com/.

(My story, “Paint the Ground,” is featured in Issue #1)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

e: It's launched!

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 29, 2015

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Okay, well, it's live now! Pen & paper RPGs fans may want to check out the Foot Soldiers RPG.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/771647680/foot-soldiers-pandp-rpg

(art by the talented Wadim Kashin)

What is it?
Medieval low fantasy tabletop system! It's set in 15th century England, inspired by the similar, German RPG Darklands.

Backers will receive immediate access to the PDF draft, and all proceeds will go towards commissioning art and editing for the rulebook to bring it from hobbyist to professional. It's $10 for the final PDF, $25 for the planned supplements. Additional details are available on the Kickstarter page.

thehomemaster
Jul 16, 2014

by Ralp
Not sure if this is the best place, but here we go:

For all spec fic authors in AUS/NZ do read on

http://www.fantasticascifi.com/novella-2015/

I am part of a small group organising a spec fic imprint and we are holding a competition to kick things off. Now there is still a month until the due date, but if you are working on a longer piece it might be worthy

A little bit about us:

quote:

Fantastica aims to be an imprint with a difference. We want submissions from all Australian and Kiwi writers who are as dedicated to boundary-pushing speculative fiction as we are. One writer par excellence will receive $500 and publication with Xoum’s Fantastica imprint. Runner-ups will be considered for publication.

And because we are nerds

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

So I'm trying to Kickstart a photography zine with a bunch of my fairly asinine photographs in it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/208011788/garbage-art-vol1-a-photography-zine

$10 for a physical copy or a mere $5 for a digital... and if you're coming from the USA, the exchange rate to Australian dollars slashes that to pieces!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

An artist friend of mine is raising money to purchase a new kiln after his old one died a heroic death.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-kiln-and-a-few-base-supplies#/story

He also does a pot of the month club if you're the sort of person who enjoys earthenware mugs and whatnot. His jack-o-lantern mugs sold out too fast; I have some of his clay sugar skull pendants.

KuangMkV
Jan 25, 2003

This is my current labor of love, chugging away on Kickstarter. I'd also be happy to answer any questions about the Kickstarter itself, since I have a few successful crowd funding projects already under my belt. Thanks for check it out!

https://www.bookofstarrywisdom.com

The Book of Starry Wisdom compiles newly edited editions of H.P. Lovecraft’s public domain cycle of Cthulhu stories, edited and produced by myself, Simon Berman (WARMACHINE, HORDES, Iron Kingdoms Full Metal Fantasy, Unhallowed Metropolis), and illustrated by renowned deific and fantasy artist, Valerie Herron (The Book of the Great Queen).

Accompanied by essays and musings by some of today’s premiere Lovecraftian scholars, writers, and devotees, The Book of Starry Wisdom will be a luxurious, approximately 192 page hardback tome, featuring a leather textured cover with gold foil pressed symbols of significance to the Cult of Cthulhu, 13 interior B&W illustrations, as well as other features to be unlocked as the Kickstarter meets its stretch goals. This premium volume will be a stunning addition to the library of any enthusiast of H.P. Lovecraft or worshipper of Dead Cthulhu Who Lies Dreaming.

The Book of Starry Wisdom will contain Lovecraft's original tales that most specifically deal with Dread Cthulhu and his cult:

Dagon
The Call of Cthulhu
The Shadow Over Innsmouth

These iconic tales are accompanied by newly unearthed essays and mad ravings that blur the line between fact and fiction, science and madness.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
This isn't our project, but we made the video for them:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1494355155/back-the-booster?ref=video

Back the Booster - The first stage of Saturn V rocket for the cancelled Apollo 19 mission is just sort of wasting away in NASA's Michoud Assembly facility in New Orleans.
NASA has agreed to permanently loan it to the INFINITY Space Center in Mississippi, but moving that gigantic sucker (and building the appropriate museum infrastructure to hold it) is a pretty monumental and expensive feat!

Thus this Kickstarter was born.

edit: Apparently it's a Kickstarter Staff Pick now so yay!

Zenro7
Dec 19, 2015

by Cowcaster
Wormhole City: Top-down, Scifi Action RPG Alpha demo for Windows PC released

Hi everyone,

We're a two-man development team working with the Unreal 4 engine in hopes of creating a career for ourselves in the games industry.

It would be greatly appreciated to hear your feedback for our game. Currently it's packaged to run on 64-bit PC systems and we're in the process of packaging a 32-bit version as well as Mac and Linux ports. Right now 1368x768 resolution support has not been implemented. If you think our project has enough merit please vote for us on Steam Greenlight and let us know it!

Wormhole City is a single-player sci-fi adventure game with top-down platforming, puzzle and action elements developed in Unreal Engine 4 for PC. Control vehicles and gain power-ups through exploration and defeating enemies while making game-changing decisions throughout your story. Through faster-than-light technology, nations strive to colonize the universe while diverging factions struggle for control and freedom throughout space. Play as space forces, space pirates, and alien races and uncover their motivations in.

If you think our project has enough merit, please support us on Greenlight! Here is the link, a trailer, media gallery and a link to the demo,

greenlight
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=576376585&result=1

trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pexe5Pu-lI

media gallery
http://imgur.com/a/jMdDp

Wormhole City demo
https://mega.nz/#!iNoRGTaQ!i7nqftfApEJMB_C-ZqUdvSud5DURgvh3yI7nDhvWQlU

Bonus Gameplay Segment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz0qgb6K2dE

We also have a slightly unrelated gameplay demo that is compatible with the Oculus Rift. Dowload and media below,

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/hq2c5a

http://imgur.com/a/0eVEy

Please let us know if you have trouble downloading or playing the game, we're in the process of trying new file hosting services and we need your feedback!

Thank you and happy holidays

Mr Crucial
Oct 28, 2005
What's new pussycat?
U

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

I had a tiny crowdfunding campaign for a video game about a year ago.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/skullz-2

I've been jerkily working on it ever since, with shady publishers offering me loads of money for making other games, back-breaking jobs to be able to compensate for the lack thereof and engine-side bugs keeping me from having a happy fun time developing.

The campaign has long been over, but the development hasn't, and I'm still trying to poor everything I have into it, so if you want to help me out, you can look through my development log a bit: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=47302.0

And if you really really want to help out, you can click the donate button at the end of that devlog's op.

You can also follow me on twitter @pizzamakesgames and talk to me in private if you want to. I'd be thankful no matter what you do.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Hello artists, I am not. I am an amateur programmer trying to make a relatively complex Android game come into being and it's going pretty ok!

4x4 runes on the bottom, lane defense on top. Depending on the combination of runes (up to 5) swiped, your wizard up top casts spells against the encroaching hordes. For instance, Steel-Life-Steel-Life would summon a giant suit of sentient armor, where Fire-Water would be a jet of steam. I'm aiming to avoid the Magicka problem of there being Best Spells by having the enemy design necessitate exploiting weaknesses and requiring a degree of strategy to dispatch waves efficiently enough to not get your poo poo stomped. That's the prototype's goal, but it's very much step 1...

Anyway, developer art is very much the order of the day. I am not looking for someone to throw in and work tirelessly for free, but if anyone has a 32x32-ish wizard going spare, I would very much appreciate it for my prototype, you'd get full credit, and it would not be used in any commercial product. If you're feeling particularly generous you could also make some Runes for me, Fire/Water/Storm/Earth/Life/Steel. Again, no commercial use, prototype only, full credit.

Post them, link them, [s]put them in a stew[/s[ e-mail them to me at cry0hazard@h0tmail.c0.uk where the zeroes are just "o"s.

Thanks!

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?
I'm doing a Kickstarter to print the second issue of my humor magazine, Janice.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/janicemag/janice-magazine-issue-02-la-nights

It's got 68 pages of humor writing from folks who've written for McSweeny's, SNL, The Onion, Funny or Die, College Humor, Clickhole, and more, written around the theme of "LA Nights." The design and graphics are done by an artist who's had work in The New York Times, Newsweek, Sesame Street, Vulture, and more. She's incredible. Here's the cover:

and here's the back cover:

Gorgeous, right?

If you want to get a sense of our style, we gave a PDF of our first issue online here - http://www.janicemag.com/s/JAN_ISSUE-01-DIGITAL.pdf - and we'll occasionally put new stuff online at http://www.janicemag.com .

We've put a ton of work into this and we'd love to get it printed up and make it feel like a real, tangible magazine. It's 100% done, we just need money to print it out. We're also offering backer rewards like posters of the cover and original artwork from our designer. Give it a whirl if that sounds up your ally!

kizeesh
Aug 1, 2005
Im right and you're an ass.
Hey folks,

Some of you guys might remember that I ran a couple of threads asking for feedback for a show called Metalhedz.
We've decided to finish the show off with a final 3-part Special.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/metalhedz-season-3#/

We've come a long way since the first season, and the constructive feedback and advice we got from the goons here helped immeasurably in making the show improve each year.
So to give the whole shebang a proper goodbye, I couldn't not let the crowds here know about it.

If you want to catch up on the show so far, then you can find all of it here:
Season 1
Season 2

We've put a lot of time and love into this show over the last few years, and any help would be appreciated!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Howdy,

Last year I ran a couple of Choose Your Own Adventure style games in GBS (Sword of the Bastard Elf and Void Racers) which were pretty popular in GBS. I was using the name Gilganixon then. Anyway I decided to write a full gamebook and after getting it to a polished draft I've put it to Kickstarter. The idea is to raise money for illustrations - I'm going to do half of them and an extremely talented Goon artist is going to take on the other half if I can pay him.

The book's called Star Bastards and it's a sci-fi adventure set in a distant and weird part of the galaxy. You play as either an incomprehensible Polish space explorer on the run from the law or as the police officer tasked with bringing him in. It looks a bit like the old Fighting Fantasy gamebooks although the game mechanics are different. It weighs in at the traditional 400 paragraphs and the slightly less traditional 100,000 words and will have at least 24 full-page illustrations. The kickstarter is for a digital download version only.

Here's the front cover of the book:

Please have a look at the kickstarter page and if you can get past the ropey video (it's really not my thing and I only did it with intense reluctance) maybe you'll find a project worth backing there. I'd sure appreciate it!

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/678938810/star-bastards-a-two-fisted-fantasy-gamebook#project-faqs

And here are the links to my CYOA threads for anyone interested:

Sword of the Bastard Elf

Void Racers

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Howdy,

Last year I ran a couple of Choose Your Own Adventure style games in GBS (Sword of the Bastard Elf and Void Racers) which were pretty popular in GBS. I was using the name Gilganixon then. Anyway I decided to write a full gamebook and after getting it to a polished draft I've put it to Kickstarter. The idea is to raise money for illustrations - I'm going to do half of them and an extremely talented Goon artist is going to take on the other half if I can pay him.

The book's called Star Bastards and it's a sci-fi adventure set in a distant and weird part of the galaxy. You play as either an incomprehensible Polish space explorer on the run from the law or as the police officer tasked with bringing him in. It looks a bit like the old Fighting Fantasy gamebooks although the game mechanics are different. It weighs in at the traditional 400 paragraphs and the slightly less traditional 100,000 words and will have at least 24 full-page illustrations. The kickstarter is for a digital download version only.

Here's the front cover of the book:

Please have a look at the kickstarter page and if you can get past the ropey video (it's really not my thing and I only did it with intense reluctance) maybe you'll find a project worth backing there. I'd sure appreciate it!

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/678938810/star-bastards-a-two-fisted-fantasy-gamebook#project-faqs

And here are the links to my CYOA threads for anyone interested:

Sword of the Bastard Elf

Void Racers

Who did the art for the "Friendly locals in Star Bastards" concept art pic? Because that should be the art all the way throughout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

BonoMan posted:

Who did the art for the "Friendly locals in Star Bastards" concept art pic? Because that should be the art all the way throughout.

I did all the art with the exception of the big picture of the space station and the crocodile standing in front of an explosion. If the kickstarter fails I will do all the art :)