Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 7 years!)

Although it hasn't launched yet, the Weapon Brown Kickstarter (which collects the goon-favorite Weapon Brown web strip) will soon begin! Enjoy this short video designed to whet your appetite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Hey Goonies! I am pleased to offer for your consideration my Kickstarter, Weapon Brown: The Funny Pages Weaponized!

Weapon Brown is both a web strip (and a comic book) that has run for years on my site Whatisdeepfried.com. It is a fan favorite in SA's Comic Strip Megathread as well. The story is a riotous tale of comic strip stars trying to survive the Apocalypse! Imagine Charles Schulz's take on "The Road Warrior" and you'll get the picture.

The video below explains it all better than I can (and it's animated!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B4KZGhUvig

Interested? Visit my Kickstarter page!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

I am running a Kickstarter for a humor comic called Peek!

My last Kickstarter, for Weapon Brown, was a huge hit, due in no small part to SA's mighty goons. I hope a few will turn out for this new book as well!

Peek! is an anthology I plan to publish annually. It features short stories and one-offs geared towards fans of indy comic creators from the likes of Jhonen Vasquez and Evan Dorkin to Phoebe Gloeckner and Adrian Tomine. It's funny, sick and gluten free!

Here's some of my work from Mad magazine, to give you a taste of what's in store for you in Peek!

Also prominently featured will be the return of Clarissa, the Internet's most popular feel-bad comic. If you haven't heard of Clarissa, read a lot of her stuff here.

Now run, don't walk, to my Kickstarter! (No wait… don't run. You may trip. Mince! mince like an English dandy!)

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Hello folks! My Kickstarter is named DEATH RAY 2020

Less a Kickstarter for a single project than a Kickstarter for a year's worth of projects! I have produced a number of comic books in the past year that are only the first stages of ongoing enterprises. I would like to introduce these comics to a wider audience while putting gas in my tank to get these projects over the finish line in 2020. An abundance of printed and digital comics (as well as new rewards created just for this campaign) await the happy pledger!

This Kickstarer is running now and ends on New Year’s Eve!

Highlights include:

Aftershock, a digital graphic novel and epilogue to my popular Weapon Brown graphic novel.

The first issues of Deep Fried: The Hero’s Journey, a hilarious and unsettling story of sex, drugs and rock and roll.

The first issue of Kobayashi Maru (already complete), a demi-parody of Star Trek, which launches as a full-blown series in 2021.

Thanks for reading!