Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

You did that in a day? :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Where do you source your bits from? Do you go looking for specific things in certain places, or just build up a collection of scraps over time?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

If you try to sell it as a profit-split to an illustrator, you're not likely to get a positive response - you're asking them to work for free now on a thing that may or may not ever pay off (and other people will have made them similar offers before).

But, images will help sell your kickstarter to people, give them something to look at while you explain your plan to them. Kind of a no-win situation.

I'd go for paying for a good cover image out-of-pocket, use that on your video/for promo work (make sure the illustrator knows you'll be doing that!), then buy the rest of the illustrations as part of the fundraising. If you've got a promo image, you can sell it as "part of what you're paying for is full illustration by this super-cool artist, who has already done this cover image so you know they're not a total flake!"

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3527487

Here's where you want. It'd help if you could include more info - what sort of style you're after / what the characters are.

It's the sort of job I'd be interested in - my website is here, and has my work on it - if my style suits you, drop me a line at lofi@lofi.space.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

c062785 posted:

That is A-Ok, we're not here to lie to our users. Since we are for adults only and we accept all 'legal' content, we want to make sure anyone who signs up understands they may see things that actually happen on this planet in reality. Which some claim are 'disturbing'.

This may include : Drunk fights, accidents or things in nature that are not 'light hearted'. But, these are all real things that happen here on our planet, this Earth and not some fictional reality or universe.

Largely, you do not have to join our site. This is for those who understand change comes from exposure and opening up gates to reality not fiction.

People openly celebrate Halloween which advocates violence, killing, murder and death. But when they see the reality of this, they are offended and want to shut it down. We believe we are that mental change that needs to occur.

This is not a marketing ploy, this is how we are transparent with our users.

Again, you do not have to join our site, but we're here to find the community that understands these things and are willing to help us grow.

We believe there is more harm in Dinseyfying the world and touching the kids, than showing adults the reality of the world, in hopes they push for change.
Are you sure you're a human? You write like a PR markov chain.

Also your site is gonna fill up with Nazi poo poo so fast.

e: Oh, it's like 'what the 90s thought the internet would be' :allears:

lofi fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 15, 2019

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Gonna make any more like this? :fuckoff:
https://imgur.com/9zf66YX

Though I guess you won't be responding for a while...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905950&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

lofi fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

There's a Work for Hire thread! What sort of thing are you after?

lofi fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 29, 2020