Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Apparently they used footage from a ZX fangame in an official video to promote Aile and Omega being added to X Dive.

https://twitter.com/ShadowRockX/status/1304375983693324288

Petiso fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Sep 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which, there’s been no news of Dive ever getting a release in the US has there?

I’m on IOS so I can’t just download the APK so 3 questions:

1: What country should I switch to get the English version and what should I put for my address (if it matters in this case)

2: Will switching countries delete the apps I already have on my phone or if not, will the game still work if I change back to the US after I download it

and most importantly

3: Is Dive even worth the effort?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Zeether posted:

Wily Wars sucks rear end, tried playing it the other day and Cut Man taking less damage from the buster is the absolute worst

The physics and everything also feel really off.

Wily Tower is a really cool concept but the game itself as a whole is kind of whatever.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, there’s been no news of Dive ever getting a release in the US has there?

I’m on IOS so I can’t just download the APK so 3 questions:

1: What country should I switch to get the English version and what should I put for my address (if it matters in this case)

2: Will switching countries delete the apps I already have on my phone or if not, will the game still work if I change back to the US after I download it

and most importantly

3: Is Dive even worth the effort?

Do you like playing as Megaman characters that aren’t X and Zero? I think that’s what it mostly comes down to.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Do you like playing as Megaman characters that aren’t X and Zero? I think that’s what it mostly comes down to.

Works for me, now how about the other two questions?

Also do you get to pick who you want to play as or do different stages have different characters? Finally, how much does the gacha element factor into this game?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 12, 2020

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I have a repro copy of Wily Wars and I love it. It's three MM games that I like with pretty graphics and extra levels at the end where I can pick my own sub-weapons.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
I stumbled upon this interesting demo for a MMZ inspired game: Starbuster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR87MOd1-qg

Here is the demo page: https://sonicfangameshq.com/forums/showcase/starbuster.704/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I stumbled upon this interesting demo for a MMZ inspired game: Starbuster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR87MOd1-qg

Here is the demo page: https://sonicfangameshq.com/forums/showcase/starbuster.704/
Neat, looks like a solid indie platformer. I'll probably grab it whenever it comes to steam.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

10 years now since Legends 3 was announced and it still loving hurts

Legacy collection for Legends when

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zeether posted:

10 years now since Legends 3 was announced and it still loving hurts

Legacy collection for Legends when

They apparently recently made Volnutt and Tron playable characters in the mobile game Mega Man X Dive (which still has yet to be announced for the US) but that’s about it as of late

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

As much as I'd love a Legends compilation, have there been any rumblings about a Battle Network one? I still never finished 5 or 6 and One Step from Eden makes me thirsty for some netbattlin' action.

GameSaver
Feb 18, 2013
Battle Network's 20th is coming up next year, so the chances are probably good for a collection to pop up. I hope they find a way to implement multiplayer if it ever happens; it's always one of the things that I'd wish the any of the ports had.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don't think the Zero collection set the world on fire but Battle Network is maybe the biggest sub-series so I'd say its very likely.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

GameSaver posted:

Battle Network's 20th is coming up next year, so the chances are probably good for a collection to pop up. I hope they find a way to implement multiplayer if it ever happens; it's always one of the things that I'd wish the any of the ports had.

I’d sort of like to see them port/remake the two Japan only mobile games for said collection as well.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You'll get Battle Chip Challenge if anything.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

hatty posted:

You'll get Battle Chip Challenge if anything.

I think I'm the only person on the planet that genuinely liked that game. Bring it on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which is the uh GameCube one that's Battle Network but actually a platform shooter set in a bunch of dull looking computer worlds

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

John Lee posted:

Yeah, pretending they didn't see the messages and then waiting until after release, when it became unstoppable, actually IS a classy move.

SORR actually had complete permission from Sega and the only sent the C&D when they did because they wanted to sell the roms on steam.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Which is the uh GameCube one that's Battle Network but actually a platform shooter set in a bunch of dull looking computer worlds

Network Transmission was good and also ludicrously hard :colbert:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Network Transmission was good and also ludicrously hard :colbert:

The music of Network Transmission was too good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, I finally decided to download Megaman X Dive and it seems pretty fun so far. Couple questions though:

1: Is there any way to recover health during stages (like some sort of character skill or item pickup)?

2: Do you basically have infinite lives in this game? It does mention that you have to use a Reorganizational item if you’re above Level 21 though so does that mean that once you’re 22 or higher you can only revive a set amount of times?

3: What‘s the best weapon in the game in your opinion?

Also, a tip for IOS players: While you need to create a separate App Store account to download the game if you’re not in one of the countries it’s currently out for, once you have it selecting “Sign in with Apple” will let you log in with your primary account (also you apparently can even have two Apple IDs with the same phone number), meaning you can then save your data onto iCloud without having to switch back and forth between accounts.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 4, 2020

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

There are health capsules in some levels, but they are VERY rare. I only had one come up from kicking a can in the Mega Man Legends event stage. Also after level 21 you have limited lives essentially. I don't know how you get more.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems you can buy some from the store once per day and sometimes you get more from events. Kind of weird they'd give you infinite lives at the start and then snatch it away from you once you reach some arbitrary level. In terms of health, some characters like Roll and Cinnamon have healing abilities (as does a weapon called the Squid Sword). There's also a Sub Tank skill you can unlock but it only works once per stage.

Speaking of which, is there a good method of grinding in this game? It seems like the game's difficulty starts scaling up pretty fast. Also, what's a particularly good weapon/character in your opinion for progressing through the main story?

Not a big fan of being forced to replay stages on Hard mode just to progress in the story either but the game seems fun so far and while not being the length of a normal Megaman stage the levels are longer than I expected them to be (also unless you really care about unlocking stuff fast there is basically zero reason to spend any actual money in this game).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 5, 2020

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Larryb posted:

Kind of weird they'd give you infinite lives at the start and then snatch it away from you once you reach some arbitrary level.

Isn't this textbook freemium strategy? Get you hooked, then make you start paying to keep playing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Penguissimo posted:

Isn't this textbook freemium strategy? Get you hooked, then make you start paying to keep playing.

Yeah, fair point

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Mega Man 2 and 3 still have the best music in game history. X is also cool. I demand more rockin' melodic soundtracks in modern action games. I wanna rock (man)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Their soundtracks are iconic but I wouldn't say they're the best in gaming history. Top 50 easily, maybe top 25, but best? Ehhhh.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
You can't include X1 in any soundtrack comparison because that's like including Usain Bolt in a kindergarten foot race.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh, X1 soundtrack? easy top 25, no question. Spark Mandrill, well, let's let this snippet perfectly represent my first time playing spark mandrill's stage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYD2O23hfJ4&hd=1&t=126s

just sat there for a bit listening to the insanely good music track. also my few attempts to actually do anything music-related were to try and remix spark mandrill, and cossack stage 2

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

DID SOMEONE SAY SPARK MANDRILL?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

You can't include X1 in any soundtrack comparison because that's like including Usain Bolt in a kindergarten foot race.

It's one of the few soundtracks that doesn't have a single weak track.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's one of the few soundtracks that doesn't have a single weak track.

The password screen song is weak, there I said it.

Nah im just foolin', every song in X1 is a masterpiece. I'm a wierdo that likes Sigma 2nd stage more than most of the list, but every song is absolutely great.

You can't say that of Mega Man 2, right? I mean quickman hurts my ears, but the rest is a masterpiece

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 7, 2020

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sigma Stage 2 is def one of the best, but I really don't like Stage 3

In general, really.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is one of my favorite covers of spark mandrill, in one of my favorite medleys ever, Brainsick Metal, from goddamn 2002.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-OppykeE7Y&hd=1&t=237s

I gotta agree, while it might fit decently in the game, I don't like sigma 3's stage theme. the entire rest of the soundtrack is ace, absolutely stellar, but that one track is a bit of a dud.

and on the topic of music, maybe my longest-playlisted music track, one I've never removed from my active playlists folder, is Blue Lightning by Disco Dan, from even earlier than Brainsick Metal(also eternally in my playlist folder), 2001. Taking the intro theme to Megaman 3, a like 35 second track, and stretching it out into an 8 minute synth trance masterpiece is absolutely nuts. love it. love it love it love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ERYq_enBRI&hd=1

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Probably like 90% of my music taste was influenced by MMX1 lol

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

About my only criticism of the X1 ost is that while its Zero theme is the classic, Command Mission's was better, and that's barely even a criticism in the technical sense.

X1's soundtrack is just one of the all time greats.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

X3 Zero theme > X1 Zero theme

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I listened to an embarrassing number of Mega Man OC Remix tracks as a teen. I've still got some mp3s from '03.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Takoluka posted:

X3 Zero theme > X1 Zero theme

Nah it's way too slow, much like all of X3's music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
X2 has the best Zero theme anyways.